The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. sarunas

Olympus 100-400mm mount issue

Hello, I have just received the new Olympus 100-400. Haven't done much beyond basic tests yet, but one thing was obvious at once: there is a free play in rotational direction in the mount. It looks like the slat on the lens side of the mount was made too wide (where the pin from the camera side...
  2. sarunas

Fun With Legacy OM Zuiko Lenses!

For me, what's great about these lenses, is that no digital corrections were assumed by their designers...
  3. sarunas

Fun With Legacy OM Zuiko Lenses!

Here are two 24mm OM Zuikos accompanied by two PEN-F ones and then-just-received EM-5: Both OM and PEN-F lenses are pleasure to handle. Turning a focus or aperture ring reminds of that old optical equipment in spectroscopy lab (decades ago by now) --- the feeling of mechanical fidelity...
  4. sarunas

4/3->Micro 4/3 adapter: worth doing?

4/3 to m4/3 adapters work as expected... Contrast-detect AF speed and accuracy depend on the particular lens being adapted. If you like the lens, then it's definitely worth a try on m4/3.
  5. sarunas

Oly 4/3rds lens on E-P2 question...

The weak point of ZD 50 f/2 on mFT is auto-focusing: slow and sometimes inaccurate (AF is indicated by a green circle, not a dot on LCD, as for some other FT lenses when in CD AF mode). Optically though 50 f/2 is a superb lens. One just may have to focus it manually on current mFT cameras... I...
  6. sarunas

Zoom lens question

Hmm, are we talking about Leica D VARIO-ELMAR 14-150mm f/3.5-5.6? Then it does have OIS.