The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

Fun with the Ricoh GR III

Have you tried the Clearviewer Louis? I see you use that optical viewer for your wide angle. Don't you miss the info on the screen which the Clearviewer would provide and avoid the need for the hotshoe viewer? Tony
  2. T

" It's the lack of an integrated VF that spoils it for me. " Me also but there is a solution. https://www.clearviewer.com Tony
  3. T

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

Fulham. England
  4. T

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

London England
  5. T

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

London England
  6. T

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

London England
  7. T

I'm on my third Ricoh, having started with film. On all I have used one of these http://www.clearviewer.com/Products.html I had the optical viewfinder that went on the hot shoe but I do like to see what the exposure on the LED is telling me. Any questions? Just ask. Tony London UK
  8. T

Olympus Image Share

Is there anyone who can give me tips on how to improve my chances of getting a connection from my em5 mkiii bodies and my Android tablets? I seem to get there in the end - but after too many attempts to make me want to use it with a client watching me struggle. Any clues please? Tony London UK
  9. T

Has anyone had to repair the battery lid on an e-m5 mk2

Yesterday the black lever fell off. Luckily on a light coloured carpet. Had I been shooting outdoors it would have been going home and abandon the job time. Google struggles to suggest a source for a new lid but does say that, once found, they are easy to fit. I wondered if anyone had tried...
  10. T

e-m5 mk2. How often do folk use Manual and Lever 2?

I shoot quite a lot of theatre productions. I use Manual all the time as I find Auto Exposure gets too confused by the lights on the stage. Up to now I have been setting what I felt was an ASA that would cover me for the dimmest lit scenes - and adjusting the speed/aperture as the lighting...
  11. T

Have any of you folk thought of a good small flash for the odd time you want to 'fill' against a backlit shot in the sunshine? I'd rely on the ASA and stabilisation for my interior shots but I do like fill for those extra bright days. So nothing too big please! Tony
  12. T

If you let iso auto adjust how do you apply more/less exposure? I ask as I tend to over expose the meter reading but would want to be not be committed and to expose normally or less sometimes. Tony
  13. T

30mb surprised me. I thought it was more like 24mb. Just curious. Tony
  14. T

Who needs more than 6 MP?

My kit ranges from a phone, Ricoh GR, Oly eM5 and the three Sigma DP Merrills. All of us experienced photographers know that the memorable pictures come from capturing that magic moment in the right light. The likelyhood of that happening more often comes from having a versatile camera that is...
  15. T

Beware when setting Manual focus on the DP1. A cautionary tale.

OP here. Can we move this thread back to the use of Manual Focus please. Three posts on something different don't seem to be generating much interest. I say that purely for those who stumble across the the thread having had a Manual Focus problem. Tony UK
  16. T

Ricoh GR III - anyone else getting excited?

I'll certainly be getting one so I can get rid of that awful + - toggle on the back that EVERYONE I hand the camera to moves. I spend my half my time on holiday shots recovering the ones taken of myself and my wife when a well meaning soul offers to take a shot proving we were on holiday...
  17. T

IR using standard sensor on e-m5 mk and r72 filter

Those images are lovely MK. I know one could never get that far with just a filter and you have tempted me. How much did the conversion cost in CA? Tony
  18. T

IR using standard sensor on e-m5 mk and r72 filter

Thought I might give this a try as my New Year challenge. I meant mk 2 of course. More haste, less accuracy!! Has anyone around here produced tolerable results? I'd shoot RAW and convert in Qimage - but the first step is to establish whether I'd be wasting my time and money buying the r72...
  19. T

Beware when setting Manual focus on the DP1. A cautionary tale.

Yes, Tim. My Sigmas are Merrills. Sorry to confuse you. Tony
  20. T

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

A couple of Grey Heron in flight photos, Much sharper now, Louis. What are you doing that has made the difference? Well done.