The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. B

Fun with the A99!

I have it and love it. I've always thought Sony had the best vertical grip for actually using as a vertical grip, and with three batteries I've never actually run out of power.
  2. B

Nik Software---full collection now $149

Thanks! Mine was sitting in my spam folder -- on my google apps gmail account :-)
  3. B

Using Cube for Panos (rotating around nodal point)

You can do everything with just the cube and rail. I've got the Ultimate-Pro Omni-Pivot Package - Ult-Pro-OPP - Kit Configuration Page setup, makes it real easy to do multi-row panos. (To be honest, what I've got is the PG-02 FG: PG-02 Full Gimbal Head - PG-02-FG - Kit Configuration Page, but...
  4. B

Using Cube for Panos (rotating around nodal point)

Really Right Stuff makes a couple nodal slides (a rail with an integrated clamp). The one I use is http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=MPR-CL-II&type=0&eq=MPR-CL-II-002&desc=MPR-CL-II%3a-MPR-with-integral-clamp&key=ait. I generally use it with a complete RRS pano setup, but when...
  5. B

SOLD: Nikon 5000 ED film scanner

I bought this scanner new a few years ago, intending to scan all my slides. Well, it's been sitting unused for most of that time, so it's time to pass it along to someone who will get some real use out of it. Aside from some dust on the slide adapter, it looks great, and I just gave it a quick...
  6. B

HDR and Photomatix

Re: HDR and Photomatrix I've always been partial to this one
  7. B

Phase/Mamiya 645 DF Focussing screen

It fits on the DF body, but you can't put the rubber eyepiece on with it in place so it's not at all convenient to leave the magnifier on and folded up when you're not using it.
  8. B

Interesting MF digital article over at LuLa from Mark Dubovoy

I have to admit I'm getting more and more tired of LL. I hadn't seen this thread, but frankly after some of the others I'm kind of glad I hadn't.
  9. B

Leveling base and new tripod head ?

No you don't need a leveling head, if you have a two-way pano setup like the one from RRS, which I do. It mounts on the cube, I can use the cube to do leveling, rotate at the top turntable, and the pano setup lets me tilt the camera up or down. Plus, I get nodal point adjustment as a bonus.
  10. B

Leveling base and new tripod head ?

I use the cube and don't bother with a leveling head any more :-)
  11. B

NIK Software Silver Efex goes 64 bit!

I tried a few times last night and couldn't get to the website. Just managed to now though.
  12. B

Finally !!! i'm officially in the club !!

Congratulations! Great combo, though along with Terry I got the 80D and not the LS.
  13. B

Photokina Coverage by Capture Integration

Hmm... T/S was the one thing I was really missing from my MF transformation...
  14. B

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

One from the Aguire National Recreation Area in NM.
  15. Natural Window

Natural Window

A window through a tree in the Aguire National Recreation Area near Las Cruces, NM.
  16. B

Looking at D3X and MF....

I snipped quite a bit out of the quote :-). If you're going to need higher ISO, do NOT count on the D3x. It's a great camera, but a high-ISO camera it isn't. Get a D3s for that. I suspect a Phase back in sensor+ mode is going to be cleaner than the D3x would be at ISO800; I wasn't willing to...
  17. B

Looking at D3X and MF....

As someone who recently sold my D3x and 14-24 (and a LOT of other gear) to get a P40+ kit, I'd recommend you either go straight to MF, or don't borrow the Hassy kit. If you get the Nikon gear in the middle, you're just going to regret the money you lost on it :-).
  18. B

Bill, you're making me want to get back up to Banff (haven't been there in 15 years or so).
  19. B

Another White Sands Dune image. And the color version for Jack :-)