The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. kai.e.g.

OM-D EM-5 help needed...

I have an unusable rear LCD screen on my OM-D (it cracked when I took a tumble with it). The camera continues to work fine with just the EVF, of course, but I need to keep using it for at least another couple of weeks for some important up-coming events before I send it away for repair. There...
  2. kai.e.g.

Fun with Zeiss/Contax SLR lenses

(As opposed to Contax G-system lenses) These were all shot with the Zeiss T* f2.8/135mm lens on an E-P1 with C/Y adapter. Sure wish I had an E-P2 + EVF at times like these... Elephant bathing (1) by kai.e.g., on Flickr Elephant bathing (2) by kai.e.g., on Flickr Elephant bathing (3) by...
  3. kai.e.g.

new grd2 companion

My grd-2 arrived some time ago, but was held hostage under the xmas tree for a couple of weeks. I've had the pleasure of carrying it around ever since. Thanks to those who post here for indirectly & in some cases directly influencing my choice! 1. Supermarket Raid (Target Acquired) 2...
  4. kai.e.g.

FX150: Fun with wine & high ISO

I purchased a Panasonic FX150 for my wife a month ago and have had a chance to shoot with it several times. I'm not hugely partial to the user interface in Panasonic's cameras, but I was grateful for the full(-ish) manual controls, RAW output, and wide(-ish) 28mm f/2.8 starting focal...
  5. kai.e.g.

Popflash

Just noticed as of yesterday that there were no GX100 or GRDII items listed at PopFlash any longer (there were several configurations of each up until then).... only R8's and R6's remain, along with a "priced to sell" GRDI. Is this something that happens from time to time at PopFlash as they...
  6. kai.e.g.

Sean's G9 Review

Thanks for the review, Sean - interesting reading as always. No doubt, this camera has some useful features others don't - I am especially keen on the built-in ND filter. The GRD2 has an ND filter that only kicks in under certain circumstances, and it would be wonderful to see it liberated for...