The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. simonclivehughes

Fun with the RX-1

Just went through this entire thread in anticipation of receiving the RX1R I just ordered. I've wanted one these little jewels since they were first announced! I found one through Henry's Cameras here in Vancouver in great condition, and I've ordered the Zeiss optical viewfinder for it as well...
  2. simonclivehughes

Quality of same lens on APS-C vs FF?

Thanks for the feedback. I just spent some time doing tripod-locked-down comparison shots and there seems to be an advantage with the a6000 comparing the images on Affinity Photo. I was trying to look for a lighter combo, but I'm getting the best quality with the a7 and my Viltrox 85mm f1.8...
  3. simonclivehughes

Quality of same lens on APS-C vs FF?

Long time since I posted here, but I've a question I'd love some feedback on: I have the a6000 crop body and the a7 full frame body. If I'm using a specific lens (in this case, a TTArtisan 50mm f1.2 manual), I wonder whether using the crop 24MP FF sensor, with it's larger photosites will yield...
  4. simonclivehughes

Fun With Sony Cameras

Shared Experience. Sony RX100 VI
  5. simonclivehughes

Who needs more than 6 MP?

I've a similar history as many others here: D1, R-D1 etc, and while I agree that 6MP can certainly be enough, I'm glad to have the additional pixel depth that I'm shooting today (24MP Sony NEX 7 and a6000). I just bought a 20MP (albeit 1"-type sensor) Sony RX100 Mk3, I'm liking the additional...
  6. simonclivehughes

Travel backup solutions (For SD cards)?

Thanks for the tips! I got excited about the WD drives until I started to read the Amazon reviews... wow, a lot of 1-star reviews describing issues! The Nexto DI units look good, but seem costly (I couldn't even find a price on their website!). Also they seem only to be available from the...
  7. simonclivehughes

Travel backup solutions (For SD cards)?

Planning a trip in the fall and I’m trying to find a solution that will allow me to easily backup SD cards from my Sony cams to a portable HDD. (I used to have the Joby Digital Wallet and another later brand years ago.) I will be taking my iPad Pro (3rd gen 12.9 256GB) with me but I don’t want...
  8. simonclivehughes

IPhone Photos

Got out a couple of days ago and shot with the 18mm Moment lens. The additional coverage this wide angle lens gives the iPhone 6 is really nice. (I'm expecting delivery of the 60mm lens and some lens caps later this afternoon.) One thing to note is that the bayonet mount is very small and a bit...
  9. simonclivehughes

IPhone Photos

Just curious is any of you are using the Moment supplementary lenses on your iPhones? I just received the 18mm and am trying it out, and I am awaiting delivery of the 60mm. The lens is a real little gem, sharp, and wonderfully contrasty with great colour -- you can really tell the glass is...
  10. simonclivehughes

IPhone Photos

iPhone 6 Cheers!
  11. simonclivehughes

Artful pics of flora...

Here's a few for your viewing pleasure... Cheers
  12. simonclivehughes

Fun with A6000

Here's a few from the a6000 paired with m Micro-Nikkor 200mm f4. Cheers!
  13. simonclivehughes

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

A few images from the a6000: Cheers!
  14. simonclivehughes

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

Great thread idea! Here's a selection of images from my NEX 7s. Cheers!
  15. simonclivehughes

NEX-7 with old lenses

A few images with an 80's Sigma 400mm f5.6 MF lens I recently obtained from KEH. I am constantly delighted by their rating system, the product always exceeds the description. I just received another package from KEH: a 1980's Micro Nikkor 200mm f4 MF lens. Now I just need the...
  16. simonclivehughes

Fun with A6000

Some images of and by my new (1980's vintage) Sigma 400mm f5.6 MF lens on my Sony a6000 body. I LOVE long telephoto, and having a 600mm equivalent in a small package is just insanely sweet!
  17. simonclivehughes

Fun with A6000

Yes, it's available with any manual lens. (Can be invoked anytime, really.)
  18. simonclivehughes

The astonsishing a6000

I have a pair of NEX 7s and recently added an a6000, primarily for the speed and AF performance. I haven't been disappointed. I also find better performance with my Voigtländer WA, both the 12mm f5.6 and the 28mm f2. Much less vignetting and magenta corners.
  19. simonclivehughes

Street (images)

Love the expressiveness of this one, Vivek!
  20. simonclivehughes

Street (images)

Good to see you back on the forum, Vivek. Cheers!