The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Nik

Phase One News: XF Body, IQ3 backs, 35LS, 120LS, C1 8.3, Website

Doug, was the price for XF body only announced ? I can't find it.
  2. Nik

Phase One/Mamiya 28 mm LS vs FP

Hello! Did anyone do corner sharpness comparison for Leaf shutter and Focal plane (non-LS) versions of Phase One - Mamiya 28 mm lens at f8-f11 apertures on IQ180/IQ280 backs? Is there any noticable difference ? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
  3. Nik

Nikon Gear for sale

PM sent
  4. Nik

THE NEW LEICA M Press Release

Thank you David, this is very helpful!
  5. Nik

THE NEW LEICA M Press Release

Guys, Can someone who knows answer two Qns for me : Looking through the M's optional EVF will the photographer be able to see/use ‘Live View Zoom’ (option enabling up to 10 x magnification for precise assessment of the sharpness of subject) ? Looking through the M's optional EVF will the...
  6. Nik

Nikon D800 First Blush

Guy, sorry for asking - could you please post 100% crops from the center and the corners?
  7. Nik

One Camera, One Lens!

Nikon d4 + nikkor 600 mm f4 VR
  8. Nik

Nikon D4

Tried the preproduction version D4 - very impressed with this beast.
  9. Nik

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Phase One DF + Leaf Aptus 10 + 300mm Mamiya lens, 2 shot stitch. River brotherhood :-)
  10. Nik

I lived with them for 40 days. I started with Nikkor 600mm lens in the first day and ended with 45mm Phase One in the last. This a a national park, so hunting is prohibited and these bears (most of them) did not see any threat from a human in their life. Females realized quickly that I posed no...
  11. Nik

I called this bear Krasotka ("Pretty woman" in Russian) - she liked the name and agreed to a private photo-session Phase DF + Leaf Aptus ii 10 + Mamiya 300mm APO f 4.5. 3 shots stitch :
  12. Nik

Magnificent work, Ed! Keep 'em coming!
  13. Nik

Thanks, Ed! I am your fan and have been following your landscape work here for some tiime.
  14. Nik

No, no cropping on the sides.
  15. Nik

Another thought: the Mom is in focus and is tack sharp, the cubs are not (slightly out of the focus plane). There's 6-7 feet deep distance between them (the Mom is closer to us) which exceeds the plane of focus. I like to use focus as a creative instrument of setting accents in the picture and...
  16. Nik

This shot is was taken wide open at F4.5 with Mamiya 300mm f/4.5 APO LENS. I am in love with this lens because of how sharp it is and how it draws the out of focus areas. It has no VR, so using a good tripod is a must with shutter speeds below 1/250 based on my experience.
  17. Nik

Yes, I had a rifle with me all the time.
  18. Nik

Yes, this is Kurile lake, the only way to get there is by helicopter - the closest town is 1.5 hour flight away. There's a population of approx. 250 wild bears living on the shores of the lake. It is a place where Michio Hoshino http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michio_Hoshino was killed by a bear.
  19. Nik

Hello guys! Learning to photograph wildlife using medium format. Phase DF + Leaf Aptus ii 10 + Mamiya 300mm APO f 4.5 Taken in the very remote part of Kamchatka: