The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. JGH

X100 question

If this feature is on the X100 im sure it will also be on the X100s which is why i thought i would ask here first. J.
  2. JGH

X100 question

Hi all, i have a question that i cannot find an answer to anywhere on the net and i am hoping some kind person will be able to help. I am interested in the new X100s that is soon to be released and looking at reviews and posts about the X100 i cannot find any mention of being able to see a...
  3. JGH

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Hi all, just a couple from the roasting hot weekend. Saturday we went to Dresden in Germany and on Sunday it was a stroll along the river in Prague. Dresden, Germany Prague, CZ Thanks :salute:
  4. JGH

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Hi all, Have not had time to do much photography recently as i got a new job and moved to Prague so there was much to do, but i was getting frustrated at not getting my fix. Last sunday it was raining outside so i grabbed my E520 and went to one of two tunnels i had scoped out for some pics...
  5. JGH

Macro

Hi All, Was playing around today and although this technically isn't a Macro shot, it is a close up shot. Shot with the E520 with 50-200mm @ 200mm F22. Not quite what i was after as lighting this proved beyond my abilitys this morning. Maybe next time. J. :salute:
  6. JGH

Quantuum PT200 Review

Hi all, Just a quick update. I got the 50-200mm mk1 i was looking for and it is mint. Cost £357, came with original lens hood, tripod mount and a rather nice case too. Im a happy bunny and cant wait to test it out. (wifes a bit miffed though) I promised her thats it for lenses now as i have...
  7. JGH

Quantuum PT200 Review

Just a short review of the QUANTUUM PT200 strobe. I decided I needed a studio strobe as I was finding I could of used a modeling light in many situations when setting up for and during a photo session. Cost was a main factor in the choice due to my wife insisting I have enough gear but also I...
  8. JGH

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

Wow !!! Krb, those look good enough to be postcards or bigger prints. Excellent work.
  9. JGH

Output

Thanks Landshark for your reply. I was thinking the same thing as you wrote and have ordered the 200Ws strobe on the basis that i dont use the whole room when i shoot i only use half at most and alot of the time my softboxes etc are within a metre of the subject (due to space) so maybe the...
  10. JGH

"Those are great, J!" Thanks, it was a bit hit and miss trying to take self portraits at arms length. I bought the stripbox for one specific type of picture (which i could do with just window light but i would have the background elements included which i dont want) and the picture is one i...
  11. JGH

Hi all, bought a new stripbox and was playing around a bit. Bth taken at iso 100 F8 @ 180th sec with the 25mm Pancake on the E520. Thanks J :salute:
  12. JGH

Output

The elinchrom D-lite is a great little light and would be perfect however the 200ws D-lite2 is the same price here as the Quantuum Fomex 400ws strobes and those are ot of my price range. I could justify it if i actually took portraits for money but i don't, its just a hobby. If anyone looks at...
  13. JGH

Output

David you are quite right and also the fact that Alien Bee's are not here in Europe. Well they might be in the UK but here in CZ? no chance. Its not worth importing as the taxes and shipping dont make it worthwhile. The company in question is www.Quantuum.pl. I rather fancy the Fomex models...
  14. JGH

Output

Marc, Thanks for your respnse that was very helpful and made me think about getting 400Ws instead (wifes not gonna be pleased tho !!!) I contacted the manufaturer of the strobes for more info and they helped with respect to output of their 200Ws units. I understand what you are saying about...
  15. JGH

Output

Good Evening, I need some help. I want to buy some studio strobes that are a bit more powerful than the Metz 50 AF-1 speedlight. The room i shoot in is 16ft x 12ft and the speedlights work well in this size of room but they have no modelling lamp and im finding i require the need to have them...
  16. JGH

My First Shoot

Fotografz you have made that photo look exactly how i wanted it to look. I never thought of B+W and adding a hint of color. That will work alot better. I will have a play later and add the edited one to photobucket too. Thanks for the fresh look and idea. J.
  17. JGH

My First Shoot

Thanks for the feed back. The first image is sort of trying to simulate a moonlit shot hence the blue and lower key. The original image was actually shot with a full CTO gel on the flash to simulate a setting sun and this worked well but when i was experimenting in lightroom i got this effect...
  18. JGH

My First Shoot

Re: My First (2nd) Shoot Hi All, Did a second shoot with Lenka on Sunday. Not sure how i feel about the images i made as i need to pay more attention to where the light falls on the model as there were many shots where the light was in the wrong place or the shadows were just iffy. Working...
  19. JGH

Hi all, Was trying out some ideas in low key and it didn't really work out the way i wanted but i managed to get one shot i liked so i thought i would share. The Clergyman J. :salute:
  20. JGH

new place for 4/3 pictures

:angry: ITS BROKEN.. The site is offline and has been for a day or so now :wtf: Come on guys get it sorted....