The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. JGH

X100 question

Hi all, i have a question that i cannot find an answer to anywhere on the net and i am hoping some kind person will be able to help. I am interested in the new X100s that is soon to be released and looking at reviews and posts about the X100 i cannot find any mention of being able to see a...
  2. JGH

Quantuum PT200 Review

Just a short review of the QUANTUUM PT200 strobe. I decided I needed a studio strobe as I was finding I could of used a modeling light in many situations when setting up for and during a photo session. Cost was a main factor in the choice due to my wife insisting I have enough gear but also I...
  3. JGH

Output

Good Evening, I need some help. I want to buy some studio strobes that are a bit more powerful than the Metz 50 AF-1 speedlight. The room i shoot in is 16ft x 12ft and the speedlights work well in this size of room but they have no modelling lamp and im finding i require the need to have them...
  4. JGH

In The Zone.......or not?

Hi all, it was suggested to me by another forum user that i could try and ask this question in this area. Over the last few months i have ben experimenting with the zone system and have been fairly confident that i was getting the correct results. I have been zeroing my meter on a particular...
  5. JGH

In The Zone.......or not?

Hi all, Over the last few months i have ben experimenting with the zone system and have been fairly confident that i was getting the correct results. I have been zeroing my meter on a particular tone in the image which would equal zone V and then adding or subtracting by whatever stops necassary...
  6. JGH

Too Much time on their hands

Hi all, Saw this on strobist.com and thought it was clever. Must of taken hours to work out and obviuosly the peeps who set it up have alot of time to kill. I know its nothing to do with 4/3 sensors but didnt know where else to share...
  7. JGH

How long have i got?

Hi All, After waiting and saving for an E30 + 14-54 II it has got to the stage where no one here in CZ stocks the kit. The lens is still available (for the moment). Im gutted about this.. The E30 would fit my needs at a price i could consume. So plan B would be to get the lens seperately and...
  8. JGH

My First Shoot

Hi All, At the end of January i did my first shoot. It was a long day and i was really nervous as up until then i had been taking pictures of my wife and it wasnt really an issue if i messed up the lighting or composition. This was also the first time i was using my new dark grey 6m backdrop and...
  9. JGH

Is this goodbye olympus 4/3?

Hi all, For a while now i have been thinking about buying an E30. It seemed a logical upgrade from the E520, (bigger viewfinder, better focus system, same battery, the list goes on) i was also going to get the Sigma 70-200mm F2.8. BUT... i have been experienceing some odd things with my E520...
  10. JGH

Unseen & Unusual (Image Thread)

Hi all. I was looking around the forums and noticed there is no thread for unusual or unseen images. Let me explain: There are hundreds of members from all walks of life on this forum and some of us are able to go to places others cannot and maybe never will. (hence unseen) Maybe staff...