The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. F

Where to draw the line?

So, I posted a sincere question in a B&S thread about which model of tripod was for sale, as the listing was somewhat opaque, and got the following charming PM from the seller, dsapkota: Your Reply/Comment on my ad is AGAINST THE RULE. You BA**ARD BRITISH ! YOU AS**OLE CAN CLEARLY READ THE...
  2. F

MPB Used P1 DB Purchasing Price List

Thought this might be useful as a guide to 'typical' dealer (purchase) pricing as of 18/02/2023. Sourced from MPB. N.B. These are all 'as new' prices, which means the gear must be genuinely mint, perhaps with all accessories and some warranty remaining. Anything less than this and you'll need...
  3. F

Alpa Shimming Video Available Via Wayback Machine

I know a few folks have been looking for videos about shimming their Alpa backs. Paul Slotboom and Mark Dubovoy both produced good videos about the process, but none of these are directly available anymore, and I didn't think they were even available via the 'Wayback Machine' website (having...
  4. F

Rodenstock 20 Percent Price Increase from 1st March

This just in from Linhof and Studio (great UK dealer): Given the current global difficulties from raw materials to shipping and everything in-between, it will come as no surprise that we have seen extra price increases from most manufacturers lately. However, Linhof Studio wanted to bring to...
  5. F

Capture One 12

So, C1 v12 is here - $200 to upgrade from v11 (or at least, that's the price P1 is quoting me). I don't have a problem with paying through the nose for major release upgrades, but it would be nice if they cut you some slack on the upgrade price for a major release if it appears within 12 months...
  6. F

Fuji MF

Doh, should've refreshed the browser before posting - just noticed I was beaten to it. No need for this thread anymore.
  7. F

Phase One / Alpa A-Series Review

Lighthearted, but might be regarded as irreverent (by people who own one ?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-IdJmsIRzQ
  8. F

Where's MFD headed ?

My guess is it’s headed squarely in the direction of SLR style cameras (XF, H6D etc.) I don’t see any sensor manufacturer making a >=100MP CMOS sensor that will be shift friendly, nor do I see R/S coming out with a range of ultra-expensive, strongly retrofocus W/A lenses to work with current...
  9. F

Apple computers and the EU directive

Interesting blog post from David Clapp. This is from the Apple UK website (my emphasis), which pretty much reveals what he discovered: Under consumer laws in the UK, consumers are entitled to a free of charge repair or replacement, discount or refund by the seller, of defective goods or goods...
  10. F

B&H faces unwanted exposure over worker safety.

Here and here.
  11. F

'New' ALPA Rodenstock 'Reference' Lens Series...

...well, not quite; no need to list your 'old' Rodenstocks in the B/S forum. What Alpa have done is replace the colored bands (magenta/cyan/yellow) with ... gold ones (ahem) ... and ascribed these gold-banded lenses to a 'reference' class (ahem, ahem).
  12. F

NEC PA322UHD-BK-SV vs Eizo ColorEdge CG277

If I win he lottery, I’d probably go for an Eizo ColorEdge 4K monitor… …but failing that I was wondering if anyone out there had any practical expereience with the NEC PA322UHD-BK-SV 32" Widescreen LED Backlit Color Accurate IPS Monitor with SpectraViewII ($3,199.00 at B&H). It’s quite new to...
  13. F

P/P+/IQ Silicon Protection Cases

Just noticed these on eBay (P/P+ series and IQ/IQ2 series). Wondering if the degree of protection they (potentially) give a DB from being dropped is negated by the 'danger' from overheating? The seller says 'great heat dissipation,' but - without wishing to sound too cynical - they would...
  14. F

Digitalback.com

No affiliation, but just noticed that CI have spun off their store from their main site to digitalback.com - full of DBs, Cambo, Alpa gear etc. all presented nicely, and with prices. The Alpa and Cambo sections are stuffed with goodies (only two things listed in the A/S section). Pricing of the...
  15. F

Canon adapter for Techno

Anyone using this? Made in Germany using original Linhof and Canon parts - looks useful.
  16. F

New SK 35mm - any news?

A while back there were rumours of a new SK 35mm in the offing - just wonder if anybody has heard anything in the meantime... Jim
  17. F

Portable Drive Encryption for C1/LR

Does anyone out there who uses a portable hard drive to store their images on encrypt it as well? If so, what do you use (I'm on a Mac, OSX 10.8.4, so thinking about using the OS encryption tool, though am familiar with TrueCrypt as well)? Any performance issues? Other than the minor...
  18. F

P45+ to IQ260 Special Upgrade Pricing?

The quoted price for P45+ to IQ260 is $22.5k, but from looking on the web this seems to be a 'Special Time Limited Offer' - running out at the end of June. Is this correct? For example, see here and here.
  19. F

Hasselblad CFV-50 and W/A Schneiders

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what is the highest resolution MFDB that will work nicely with the latest Schneider W/A lenses (43/35/28), particularly if shifts are involved. From my 'research' (i.e. Google) I think it's the 50MP Hasselblad CFV-50 (or its sibling the H3D50). Why? Er...
  20. F

Retrofitting to Alpa mount

Has anyone here ever had a lens retrofitted by Alpa? I read in one of their publications that they offer this service, but can't find anyone that has made use of it. If you have, was it pretty straightforward to do (via a dealer I'm hoping), and how much did it cost? Did it take long? Would you...