The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Brian Mosley

Fun with the RX-1R II

Vivek, I hope everything went well and wish you the very best recovery. Hope to see you back soon. Brian
  2. Brian Mosley

Fun with the RX-1

I sometimes wonder whether photographing artwork could be considered 'lazy' - but I love to see all captured art, and this second shot is beautiful. Thanks for sharing! Cheers Brian
  3. Brian Mosley

Issue with RX1rII is with Light Leak

Is this the sort of customer Sony deserves? It's a long road to 'good will', but I wish Sony's leadership success in turning things around. Vivek, congratulations in reaching the right people to get a good response :thumbs: - I hope they will make lasting improvements to their support chain...
  4. Brian Mosley

Fun with the RX-1

We found a wonderful sculpture park yesterday, finally a chance to use the RX1 in the rain! RX1 1/80s f2 ISO 400 Kind regards Brian
  5. Brian Mosley

Fun with the RX-1R II

Thank heavens we still have one or two legitimate users willing to share their 'unrevised' experience, and a decent forum here on which to find them! :clap: Let's hope that all camera companies learn to value this place for authentic feedback, rather than yet another outlet for marketing...
  6. Brian Mosley

Fun with the RX-1R II

Lol, what did they ask you to change? And how much did they offer to pay? :ROTFL: You didn't even mention feeling it necessary to carry 7 batteries! :rolleyes: Cheers Vivek Brian
  7. Brian Mosley

Fun w/Digital M Images

Wow, love this! :clap:
  8. Brian Mosley

What Makes A Memorable Photo? The Answers!

Another interesting example of deep learning algorithms put into practice... Maybe one day we'll see this applied to user interface design? Thanks for the link Brian
  9. Brian Mosley

Rx1r2

I suspect it's very easy for American buyers to buy, try and send back within 30 days(?) without it costing them much. Cheers Brian
  10. Brian Mosley

Dear Sony: I want Sensorshift Mulitshot - FW Upgradeable or as an app ?

Yes, I must give this 'smooth reflections' a try, although it will need a solid tripod and no subject movement (other than water if present) to give best results. I find PhotoAcute far more practical, given the excellent ability to deal with moving subject matter such that I can shoot multiple...
  11. Brian Mosley

Is it just me?

I wish I had more to post... Can't seem to get a moment out with any camera at the moment! :cry: It all comes down to everyone doing their bit - you get what you give! :thumbup: Cheers Brian
  12. Brian Mosley

Rx1r2

Don't tell that to the RX1 I just bought! :ROTFL: Brian
  13. Brian Mosley

Fun with Lumix GM5

These and our PMs have made me realise that I should have checked out the GM5 before buying the RX100 m4 (which I love) - especially for rapid, compact Street shooting with the 17mm f1.8. However, for my typical subject matter, the RX100 m4's compactness combined with high res and great DR at...
  14. Brian Mosley

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

Steel Scorpion - Made in Sheffield RX1 f5.6 15s ISO 100 Kind regards Brian
  15. Brian Mosley

Rx1r2

Yes, thanks for the tip Jeff... I have my display quality set to 'Standard' and can't tell the difference. Cheers Brian
  16. Brian Mosley

Rx1r2

Waking up from low power sleep mode should take milliseconds - no idea why this isn't the case in practice, other than underdeveloped software :banghead: Switching off wifi and turning down the lcd brightness, plus using MF to reduce focus racking are all steps we take to reduce power usage -...
  17. Brian Mosley

Rx1r2

That's really what bugs me, to be honest - it should be possible to put the camera into 'low power sleep mode' whenever the camera is between shots, without you having to switch it off and on again. Sony really need to invest more effort in software design - from user interface to...
  18. Brian Mosley

Rx1r2

Perfect example - the official (CIPA) battery life for the RX1RII is 220 shots. According to your own shooting experience, you'll get >420 shots over a 12 hour shooting day on one (tiny) battery. And yet we read reports of the RX1RII "chewing through batteries" from other users. One simply...
  19. Brian Mosley

Dear Sony: I want Sensorshift Mulitshot - FW Upgradeable or as an app ?

I still use PhotoAcute - such a shame the developers have deserted it, since I can't find a decent replacement! Cheers Brian
  20. Brian Mosley

Fun with the RX-1

I'm not entirely happy with the flat front of the RX1, so I bought another Sony AG-R2 rubber grip and attached it : It improves the grip substantially, without adding any bulk - obviously, I'd love to be able to buy something which is specifically designed for the RX1. Kind regards Brian