The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Brian Mosley

Fun with RX100M4

Woohoo, I get to start a new 'fun with...' thread :grin: DSC-RX100M4 f/2.8 1/16 ISO125 DSC-RX100M4 f/5 1/640 ISO125 DSC-RX100M4 f/5 1/200 ISO125 Finally, a camera I can carry in a pocket with no feeling of compromise for image quality. Why on earth Sony put it out without the rubber grip...
  2. Brian Mosley

Potential for high quality stills RX100 16fps7 RAW

Hello! I'm seriously considering the RX100 mk iv for an ultra compact companion to the EM-1 + 12-40mm... particularly excited about the potential of shooting multiple exposures in raw at 16fps and processing them through PhotoAcute to gain Superresolution, HDR, low noise stills. Has anyone...
  3. Brian Mosley

Recommendations for m4/3rds adapter?

Hi folks, can anyone recommend a good m4/3rds to Hexanon AR lens adapter? Thanks Brian
  4. Brian Mosley

X100 MENU/OK button...

Hello everyone, I'm finding it necessary to press the MENU/OK button on my X100 with my thumbnail, to avoid hitting the surrounding control dial... remembering how the G1 button lost its' decal pretty quickly, and the fact this looks like it could go the same way... I'm wondering whether some...
  5. Brian Mosley

E-P2/PL1 for Chatsworth Horse Trials...

I took my eldest daughter to view the Chatsworth Horse trials this morning. The E-P2/PL1 did fine for sports shooting :thumbs: E-P2 + 20mm f1.7 1/3200s f/4.0 at 20.0mm iso200 E-PL1 + Hexanon 57mm f1.2 1/1600s f/2.8 iso200 E-PL1 + Hexanon 57mm f1.2 1/800s f/4.0 iso200 C&C Welcome and...
  6. Brian Mosley

E-P1 firmware 1.2 released - improves CDAF speed.

Hello everyone, good news for E-P1 users - Olympus have released firmware 1.2 for the body (and I notice that the Lumix 20mm f1.7 is at rev 1.1) which improves CDAF speed noticeably. Not a dramatic improvement (we're only talking 10'ths of a second here) - but the camera is certainly more...
  7. Brian Mosley

Luminous Landscape M9 Field Review...

Michael Reichman has just posted his Field Review of the M9 here. We were in Paris earlier in the year for a night long shoot... I recognised this view in Michael's field review - I think it looks better by night :D E-30 + ZD 14-35mm f2 1/3s f/2.0 at 21.0mm iso100 Paris is indeed beautiful...
  8. Brian Mosley

Rear controls of the EP-

from http://bayimg.com/HAACAAaCO Looks like a vertical control dial around the cursor pad, and another thumb wheel top right... Can't be long now! great teaser campaign... Cheers Brian
  9. Brian Mosley

E-620 hands-on preview from a dozen photogs

Hello everyone, you may already have seen this, but we arranged a special hands-on preview for Olympus Safari Group members on the launch of the Olympus E-620. We're compiling the raw material for a special safari group report here : Olympus E-620 Hands-on preview. Hope that's of interest...
  10. Brian Mosley

Hexanon 57mm f1.2 ready for 4/3rds use.

Hello everyone, I have a spare Hexanon 57mm f1.2 which I am willing to sell for use with any 4/3rds camera (although it works best with the G1 + 4/3rds adapter). This is the ultimate portrait lens for 4/3rds imho - the bokeh is sublime, lovely depth of field control and here are a few example...
  11. Brian Mosley

Local Olympus Photo Safari Groups - there's one closer than you think!

Hello everyone, as our membership continues to grow worldwide (over 730 Olympus Safari Group members, and an additional 1050+ report subscribers)... it's becoming more and more likely that there are a number of keen Olympus photographers in your area who would like to meet fellow enthusiasts...
  12. Brian Mosley

G1 to Canon FD adapter article...

Interesting article here... Canon FD to m4/3rds adapter with lots of FD lenses shown. Where will it all end? :rolleyes: Kind Regards Brian
  13. Brian Mosley

Vivek's m4/3rds = Pen-F mount find...

Congratulations Vivek, not wanting to add to your other thread, but do you have any samples with your 42mm f1.2? Does this add weight to the idea that m4/3rds will be the digital Pen F? Kind Regards Brian
  14. Brian Mosley

G1 request for feedback - an idea to improve MF control

Hello everyone, I'm looking for feedback on this idea, and if it's good... will be looking to encourage Panasonic to implement in their next firmware upgrade. As an idea to improve MF with legacy lenses... What if, when a legacy lens is mounted, each half press of the shutter release button...
  15. Brian Mosley

Version 1.1 of Panasonic G1 firmware...

Just to add to the good news, Panasonic have fixed the AE lock behaviour and other improvements. Details here. Kind Regards Brian
  16. Brian Mosley

Olympus Safari Group - Exhibition Book One...

I'm quite excited about this! We made it to No.3 spot on Blurb's Best Sellers list... in our first week! Now the 95 Photographers involved with our project can honestly say that they contributed to an International Best Seller ;) Kind Regards Brian
  17. Brian Mosley

Powerful new approach to reviewing the Olympus E-30...

Hello everyone, our review diary for the Panasonic G1 is proving to be a hugely valuable resource - and as soon as we have the 4/3rds adapter the report will be published to our members and subscribers (4/3rds adapter due Friday 21st Nov - report to follow w/c Mon 24th Nov) Our first team...
  18. Brian Mosley

Unique approach to reviewing the G1 with 4/3rds lenses.

Hello everyone, my Panasonic G1 + 14-45mm kit lens will be arriving tomorrow - and the 4/3rds adapter is being tracked down as we speak. So, over the next few days we will be conducting an Olympus Safari Group team review of the camera - using the complete range of 4/3rds lenses and a number...
  19. Brian Mosley

Olympus Photo Safari Group Press Release...

Hello everyone, we are delighted to announce our most ambitious project yet : PRESS RELEASE : United Kingdom -- Oct. 6, 2008 -- A collaboration of one hundred photographers from around the world has culminated in a ground-breaking exhibition of photography. Organised by the Olympus Photo...
  20. Brian Mosley

Olympus UK Photo Safari Group News...

Hello everyone, fantastic news, now that we have almost 100 Safari Group members, based mainly in the UK, but also across the world - we are able to move to a new phase of growth, with Safari Group Contacts hosting our own, local events... Safari Group Upcoming Events Map This will allow us to...