The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Agnius

Phase One P40+, Cambo and 24mm, 35mm and 45mm lenses

Wow, so tempting...
  2. Agnius

EOS M

I preordered $299 option with 22mm lens just to cancel it today because I realized I don't really need another camera. After reading this thread I am having cancelation remorse ;)
  3. Agnius

Hasselblad Lunar : they go defensive

Lunar is way overdue for "Will it Blend?" segment.
  4. Agnius

New Mini M?

I would not mind to find a FF sensor body to mount my M glass to that doesn't cost a small fortune. So far I have been quite pleased with Ricoh GXR-M solution, but FF would always be a nice upgrade. But I don't think this is what this camera going to be. Oh well.
  5. Agnius

Ricoh GXR-Capturing Slides

I feel the color band using Nikkor was more disturbing than uniformity of Ricoh macro, but who knows what caused it. Yeah, don't retire your scanner yet.
  6. Agnius

Igor's Camera Exchange- good or bad experience?

Bought a lens from Igor couple years ago. Lens was as described, no problems there.
  7. Agnius

Ricoh GXR-Capturing Slides

Godfrey, Not too bad. I still prefer the coolscan image though. I wonder if by masking the unused portion of the light table you could eliminate the green band on the nikkor image (bottom of the robe). GXR macro shot is cleaner color wise. Good luck!
  8. Agnius

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Hey you all! I took my GXR-M to Russia this summer, it worked great. This is with A12-M and Leica 50mm Summarit, heavily cropped. This is the view from the river boat.
  9. Agnius

Sony RX1

I wonder how RX1 will stack up against new M? 10K, couple months, and we'll know... :)
  10. Agnius

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Guys, you're killing me. I was soooo close in putting in an order ($150 discount) but after some soul searching decided to abstain. Next year new M might call my name, so I need to stay focused (haha). But those Sigma files are sooooo crisp.... Keep on shooting!
  11. Agnius

Thoughts on mirrorless FF camera with interchangeable lenses in 2013?

Canon has built EOS M with APS-c, I wonder how long will it take them to make a "pro" FF version with an EVF? I have been pretty happy with Ricoh GXR-M as well, it is a tough act to follow with something "better". My equipment is way more capable than me now, so...
  12. Agnius

Sean Reid Reviews

Sean has saved me thousands of $ in curiosity fees in the past. The content is superb. However, I also wish there was a better interface that would also work on my iPad. Wouldn't that be nice?
  13. Agnius

Fuji 6x9, any experiences?

I love those GW690 cameras - I have used them (and 645zi) while traveling around the world a decade or so ago. They do take up a lot of volume in my pack though. At the end I used 645zi more because it was smaller size and easier to manage. 690 was more of a tripod camera.
  14. Agnius

Students protesting fee increases by the Santa Monica college, then getting pepper sprayed. Good thing I had my GXR with 21mm zeiss on me... And no, I did not get sprayed in the face. But the smell is still lingering in the hallway.
  15. Agnius

Working Santa Monica Beach - upcoming Blackberry commercial shoot.
  16. Agnius

6 Leica lenses on X-Pro 1

From what I see, Fuji X Pro 1 is a no go for Leica glass. That's too bad. GXR-M is a way to go for a non Leica route right now, it seems.
  17. Agnius

From my "Beach" series: GXR A12-M with Zeiss 21mm. Check out moire on the grill.
  18. Agnius

GXR Firmware Update 1.50

At least I suspect why 1.50 was pulled from the website. Thanks for investigating!
  19. Agnius

M9 picture better than Nikon D800-samples

I think the image on the left is larger. I think there is a little bit more "detail", but it is like splitting hairs - sometimes I see it, and sometimes I don't. New glasses coming soon too. ;) To double the resolution of 18MP it would take 72MP sensor, so the gain is not even doubled - only...
  20. Agnius

M10 to be Announced?

Hey, whatever Leica is announcing, it will probably not be available for documenting my summer travels. Maybe I should pick up something from Japanese vendors? Oh wait, I already have a GXR-M system ;) There is always another year. And with the speed Leica has been making their gear, it will...