The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Phase One P65+ Mamiya Mount

New price $4200.
  2. S

Phase One P65+ Mamiya Mount

Great condition as can be seen in images. Battery Firewire cable Shutter count 12000 Located in Tel Aviv. $4500 + shipping. Modify message
  3. S

FRAUD ALERT, Joshcasper and DiazGuadalupe

When one person is saying there is another person, that's a red flag. Don't do business on this website with anyone who doesn't have their own photographic website where you can verify who what and where they are. Pay only via PayPal, which supports you in case of fraud. Going by the content of...
  4. S

Old Dalsa CCD "Colors" VS Modern CMOS Sony

If you want the old Dalsa look, you can get it with IQ3 or IQ4 (maybe even IQ1 and IQ2 - I'm not sure about that). IQ3 and IQ4 have Mamiya Leaf profiles that give you the same results as a Leaf back. I had a Leaf and now an IQ3 and I don't see a difference. There was a little difference between...
  5. S

Mamiya Dm22 in 2019?

I had a Mamiya Leaf 22mp in its time. The price you saw is quite good. However, there are a couple of problems with DM22 today: - It is gives good results only in strong lighting. Either good flashes or good sunlight. - 22mp is small compared to what we are used to now. If you're not cropping...
  6. S

Question about RZ67 digital back sync

I wanted to know if anyone was using Pro I and running the cable from the back to the hotshoe instead of the lens. I figured out that my hotshoe adapter is the problem, so I will try to find a better one. I don't think you should have any problems working with RZ and digital backs, it works...
  7. S

Another "Is medium format worth it " article

Wow that is a stupid article. One of the worst MF-FF comparisons I've ever seen.
  8. S

P45 Back M Mount

Excellent condition Phase One P45 digital back Mamiya mount. The back looks great and works 100%. Including battery, rear cover, non original charger. I am located in Israel, will ship worldwide with Fedex. Payment via paypal, wire transfer or credit card. Price: $3600. [email protected]
  9. S

Best current computing options for MF

I have been using a Surface Pro 3 for a while now, and it has worked out fine for me so far. If I was buying a new laptop, I would get a Surface Book. I don't think Mac should be the only option considered.
  10. S

WOW!!! Now this guy has a kit!!!

This is a commercial, a pretty well made one, and not boring at all for me. However, there are some points that stick out and make you think: - The scope of the gear is extremely unrealistic. Maybe this guy really owns all these bodies and lenses and takes them with him to every shoot. But...
  11. S

Private sale etiquate?

I have well over 1000 transactions on eBay. All with PayPal. I've had dozens of disputes, almost all of them for defective products I've received. All were decided for me, except two: In the beginning I shipped with no tracking, so one case the seller took advantage of that and pretended not to...
  12. S

Private sale etiquate?

I've had PayPal protect me many times - most of the times for eBay transactions. Maybe this has changed and today they only accept video testimony - I don't know. There is always the question about what happens when the receiver claims the box contains not what it is supposed to contain. I have...
  13. S

Private sale etiquate?

Right, I forgot to say - always pay with PayPal. They do provide some level of protection even off eBay. Just make sure to fill out as much as possible of the real transaction details, in the transfer. That way, you have a chance if something goes wrong. Never send wire transfers. No one good...
  14. S

Private sale etiquate?

There is only one way to sell: buyer pays and then seller ships. On regulated platforms such as eBay and Amazon, the platform guarantees the seller will ship the promised product. This platform here is not regulated, so no one guarantees anything. Still you can buy here, and I did several...
  15. S

Image backup solution for MF

That is a very subjective statement. NAS is cutting it very well for me and others. I have been using NAS for almost all my work for over six months. I have no problems doing post processing with it. I have no problem shooting directly to it. When I am with a client, sometimes I redirect to...
  16. S

Ransomware is a threat, but there is a lot you can do to minimize it. 1. You put your NAS behind a firewall appliance that allows only the services you actually use. 2. You install a backup NAS which is dormant most of the time and goes live only to receive backups, also behind a firewall. 3...
  17. S

Synology connects to: - S3 - Glacier - Azure - CHT - SFR - ElephantDrive - HiDrive - Symform I do not know most of these services. I don't see the service you mentioned in this list. I prefer Amazon since it is important to me to be sure the company I trust my data to will remain in business...
  18. S

Amazon S3 is very good for $0.03/GB/mo Amazon Glacier is slower for $0.01/GB/mo
  19. S

Used Phase one IQ160 prices

IMO $15k is fair. Used digi back pricing?