The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. E

Leica M8/M9 14464 batteries and charger

Ive got 4 batteries and 1 Leica Charger for sale. I believe 2 of the batteries are OEM, the other 2 are 3rd party. But I could be wrong - photo attached. They all work well, as far as I can tell. The charger is OEM and retails for $175. Id like $450 for everything. Includes shipping and PP...
  2. E

FS: Leica M10, New In box, Black

Sold - thanks all!
  3. E

FS: Leica M10, New In box, Black

I sent in my M9 for servicing, decided to upgrade to the M10 instead, but already bought an M10 for a recent trip. Therefore, I have a brand new, unopened M10 shipped from Leica. $6400, INCLUDING shipping in the CONUS and PP fees. :thumbup:
  4. E

WTB Leica M10 body only (black)

Ive bought most of my gear through this wonderful forum! Im leaving for a trip in a few weeks and just checked my M9 - many columns of pixels are out! I missed the sensor replacement program, but Im still going to send it in. They quoted me many months for replacement. Ive been wanting to...
  5. E

WTB: Nikon D750, Nikon 24-70mm 2.8, Nikon or Tamron 70-200 2.8

Looking to buy these for an upcoming trip: Nikon D750, Nikon 24-70mm 2.8, Nikon or Tamron 70-200 2.8 Looking for a package deal if possible. Also looking for the latest version of the lenses. Please specify. Thank you!
  6. E

Tanzania Safari - Ngorongoro Park

Headed to climb Kilimanjaro and then a short 2 day safari. Normally I only use my Leica M9 and 50mm, for portraits. Of course, this isnt going to work well for the elephants and giraffes! What camera/lens do you all recommend I take for this trip? Id like full frame and also would like...
  7. E

Scancafe vs Southtree

Got an answer from Southtree: Thanks for reaching out to us. Our service focuses on digitizing a large volume of consumer format family media efficiently at an affordable price point. We provide MPEG-4 files, but they are heavily compressed and the videos are usually digitized at around 240p. We...
  8. E

Scancafe vs Southtree

Bumping this back up as I never sent any photos in and am back to deciding between these two. Does anyone have experience or know the resolution differences between the two for video? Southtree states this for only $15.95: High quality digital encoding: MPEG-4 H.264, 640×480, 2500 kbps, 128...
  9. E

Scancafe vs Southtree

Any thoughts? Southtree is running a 50% off sale today, which is pretty hard to beat. But in terms of quality, seems like scancafe is still better. I'm scanning slides (about 2000) and 4x6 prints (about 1000). Also about 25 Hi8 tapes. Anyone have experience with either of these? Thank you
  10. E

Dead PIxels?

Ive used my M9 for a few years now... but just noticed this line of pixels in the left side. Just wanted to confirm with you all --- is this a sensor issue that can be fixed? The photo is a 1:1 zoom. Thank you all!
  11. E

Jaipur vs Jodhpur - India

We are headed to Jaisalmer for an overnight camel trek. So may not be able to do both Jaipur and Jodhpur.... Jodhpur is the "blue city" so I thought it might make for some nice photos. Thoughts?
  12. E

Jaipur vs Jodhpur - India

Which would you choose for photography? If you could only pick one. Thank you!
  13. E

Distagon 15mm f2.8 vs 18mm f4

I have loved using my Voigtlander 15mm f4.5 on my M9, however Im ready for something with better quality. Which would you all recommend? And where can I get a good deal on one of these? Thank you!
  14. E

FS:Samsung Note 10.1 Tablet - LOTS OF ACCESSORIES

Anyone into Android tablets? I recently bought this tablet but hardly used it. It is in near mint condition. Still has some of the factory plastic on it, and has had the screen protector and case on since day one. I also bought a lot of useful accessories for this tablet - so it is ready to...
  15. E

FS: Domke F-6

It's been a while....
  16. E

Forgot about this... Bump!
  17. E

Society6 - options for Giclee?

Hi Everyone - Has anyone used society6.com? Ive just started using them.. but am not overly impressed with the quality. Is there another place that does giclee prints?
  18. E

Ive got a used DOMKE F-6 up for sale. It has some light wear. Also, I can find one noticeable abrasion - for which there is a photo. Other than that, it is a great bag! I just havent used it in a while. It comes from a non-smoking/non-pet home. It includes the shoulder pad seen here $80...
  19. E

Leaving for China -- lost Charger for M9!

Does anyone live in the Tucson/Phoenix Area that would let me borrow an M9 battery charger? Or know where to buy one? Or maybe even somewhere in Beijing -- or LA? I leave Saturday AM. Thank you! Does the battery in the camera charge if you hook it up to a USB?? Trying this now....
  20. E

Beijing!

Wow.. thank you Lisa! This is great! Would you recommend a hostel or home stay?