The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. W

Fun with the Pentax K-01

Henry's have just got these in Canada, I have a black one. I love it. This is the 40mm 2.8 kit lens. Keith
  2. W

New A16 24-85mm f/3.5-5.5 GXR released

GXR / Digital Cameras | Ricoh Global Keith
  3. W

M4/3 to Leica M adapter for the GXR. . . ?

I don't think one is available yet? But, I have an M4/3 adapter for my Sony Nex C3 and it works very well. Does anyone know if there are any technical challenges in making one or using one? Keith
  4. W

GXR m-mount sensor . . .

Michael Reichmann does a preliminary review of the Sony 7n in today's Luminous Landscape and states that its sensor does not have special provision in the edge micro lenses to handle wide angle rangefinder lenses (as in the GXR m-mount). He shows images to demonstrate that. He says...
  5. W

GRD lV announced . .

. . see the thread in the Small Sensor Forum I think this shows the direction Ricoh will be heading for a new GXR body especially in the area of focusing. Its worth going to the GRD lV site to see the new features in detail Keith
  6. W

Ricoh PX Images

This is a nice little weatherproofed camera with a 16M sensor. Innovative menu system and the ability to store user settings for different effects Keith
  7. W

Ricoh to buy Pentax

Hoya is selling the photographic division of Pentax to Ricoh. I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy but I can see nothing but good for both brands coming out of this. Keith
  8. W

Sony A-55 firmware update version 2

Is anyone having trouble installing this? I can't get the updating software to recognize the camera Any help appreciated Keith
  9. W

Ricoh GXR Lens Mount Unit announced

M-mount and available fall of this year. Should be good. http://www.ricoh.com/r_dc/press/release/nr_gxr_unit5.html Keith
  10. W

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

I've posted a few images from this camera in the compact camera section, but maybe this place is better This is with the P10 module Keith
  11. W

Ricoh GXR M-mount module

The folks over on the Ricoh Forum seem convinced now that Ricoh's lens mount module for the GXR will be m-mount and use an APSC sensor. Available next year. This will provide an attractive system choice for a lot of people Keith
  12. W

Ricoh GXR P10 28mm-300mm . . . . Images

I have just received this camera. I also have a GRD and GX-200 and have always been a Ricoh fan. So far, I'm not disappointed Keith
  13. W

Sensor Cleaning

I have a G1 and an E-P1 and I am changing lenses all the time on both bodies. By a fluke I discovered how dirty the sensor was on my G1. I'm now researching the best way to clean it - I would love to know people's experience with this. Keith
  14. W

Photographing your Bokeh

Hi everyone: I've got pictures in a couple of threads to show this and have got some good response - so I've started this thread where similar images can be posted. A few ideas on the rules might be: Pictures of bokeh only - no in focus image (but some might object to that) The objective is to...
  15. W

E-P1 at high ISO

I've just processed my first E-P1 raw image using Graphic Converter I'm impressed with the high ISO performance, which seems much better than the G1. Ken Tenaka mentioned this in his review. Zuiko 17mm, 1/80s, F9, ISO 1600 Keith
  16. W

E-P1 and Pen F lenses

I've just received my E-P1 and it seems as good as I thought it might be. However, I've just tried a the Pen F adapter from JF and it doesn't mount the E-P1, although I have filed it to fit my G1. This is just a tolerance issue, and I will get another mount from JF and make it work with the...
  17. W

Bargain - - - or trash !?

Here is a lens that I purchased for $12, from a dealer who has sold me a lot of camera stuff over the years. It is so well made, with slick operation - and so silky smooth, and its a Canon. You could put it in the display cabinet without even taking a picture. I was taken by the F2 over 17 -...
  18. W

Pen F to G1 adapter

JR has e-mailed me that he is now shipping this. I have ordered one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350204254064 Keith
  19. W

G1 Holga

Holga enthusiasts may be interested in the possibilities with so many lenses being available for the G1. This is a fixed focus Pentax CCTV lens - 6.5mm, F1.8. Its so liberating, not having to go through the focus routine. But, nothing seems to be in focus :). Keith
  20. W

Adapter for Pentax 110 SLR Lenses to G1?

Hello everyone, I'm a newcomer. I saw in a post a copy of a Japanese publication that showed a Pentax 110 SLR lens mounted to a G1. Does anyone know if this adapter is real and available? I have a full set of these lenses with the zoom and would like to try them. Thanks Keith