The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Fun with the RX-1

picked up a rx1 this past friday from a fellow forum member, here are a few of my first pics with it:
  2. S

Positive Feedback

Seller: cookedart Buyer: sebboh Item: sony NEX-5N bundle fast turn around, good description, exactly as described.
  3. S

Positive Feedback

Seller: Rangie Buyer: sebboh Item: sony rx-1 great communication, everything arrived exactly as described.
  4. S

Trade Sony RX1 + Finder for Leica Apo 90mm F2

are you interested in a direct sale of the RX-1?
  5. S

Fun with NEX-7

thanks! it takes about 1.5 sec per frame, usually i stay under 60 frames. i do everything handheld.
  6. S

Fun with NEX-7

thanks!
  7. S

Fun with NEX-7

since i bought terry's nex-7, i figured i ought to post some images with it here. haven't had much chance to shoot yet, but have been testing out various lenses on it. panorama with the contax g 45: leica 40mm cron: pen f 42/1.2: rokkor MC PG 50/1.4: c/y 35/1.4: rokkor MC PF 135/2.8:
  8. S

NEX 7 and lots of Sony Gear

pm'd on the NEX-7.
  9. S

Rediscovering the A55

yeah, that makes the peaking more likely to appear, but then it exceeds the dof. i'll have to try various tweaks to see how close i can get it, but right now i don't feel like i can count peaking at portrait distances and f/1.2.
  10. S

Rediscovering the A55

yeah, i think it's the low contrast that makes the difference.
  11. S

Rediscovering the A55

agreed, i figure sony didn't want to entice people to use manual focus lenses on cameras that they make a full lineup of lenses for. maybe, they just weren't thinking though. i think peaking would be extremely helpful for my birding with the a55, but with my low contrast narrow dof lenses it...
  12. S

Rediscovering the A55

i actually got an a55 exclusively for manual focus, though i buy all my cameras exclusively for manual focus. i did have to remove that pesky mirror from the camera before i was happy with it though. i have the NEX now for most of my shooting with all my small lenses and the a55 for my...
  13. S

A list of lenses that have been tested on the NEX--good and bad!

they turn the screw on the lens, which turns the helicoid.
  14. S

only a-mount lenses will have auto aperture and only the a-mount lenses with SSM or SAM autofocus will autofocus on the NEX (and probably not especially quickly). are you looking for a long lens recommendation or a tripod collar recommendation? most telephotos have specific tripod collars made...
  15. S

yes, i owned it for a while (used mostly on 4/3) and actually just recently sold it when i got the the pen f 42mm. it is a very good lens that is pretty sharp wide open and really sharp with high microcontrast from f2.8 on. i have no idea how it performs in the corners at apertures wider than...
  16. S

white balance settings have the same value for every lens (3500 temp, +6 tint in lightroom) rather than setting them to the same white point in each image. this means that i can see the color casts of the lens. thus, i am able to tell that the zeiss lenses have a warmer cast and the rokkor...
  17. S

i've been thinking of selling some of my lenses so i did a little testing to see if my feelings from shooting with the lenses corresponded to reality. i shot 2 shots each of the following lenses at every aperture (one focused on the center one focused on the corner): contax g 35mm f/2, pen f...
  18. S

Pentax pancake for NEX?

it's a collectable lens so yeah, pretty expensive. i've never seen one actually sell for $1200 though, $900 is the most i've ever seen one go for and it was mint. i think that seller is a bit optimistic. it is a unique lens though - f/1.2, wider than 50mm, small, with a great mfd (~.3m), and...
  19. S

Pentax pancake for NEX?

the difference between f/1.8 and f/2 in really marginal and if the f/1.8 lens is 40 years old it probably won't pass as much light as the contax 45/2 due to inferior coatings. i managed to get mine for only $200 (a year and a half ago i could have gotten one for $100 :banghead:). i really don't...
  20. S

Pentax pancake for NEX?

the hexanon 40/1.8 is a great lens for the NEX. i sold mine after i got the pen f 42/1.2 though. i think the contax g 45mm is also smaller and better on the NEX, though a couple hundred dollars more expensive.