The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Per Ofverbeck

Just bought myself a brand new Leica X2

A real oldie by now; why buy such a leftover today? Well, my friendly Leica dealer showed me one he had still left. As it happens, I had just given up on my old, beaten X1 that had lots of scars, and was of course glacially slow, but still that special image quality. I decided to give that...
  2. Per Ofverbeck

Reid Reviews - at last without that horrible Flash!!!

Just got this mail from Sean Reid: "Today we introduced a major re-design of the Reid Reviews web site which is based on Html 5. It can be read on computers and many mobile devices (including the Apple iPad). The visual design is all new, the site is much faster, a search function is now...
  3. Per Ofverbeck

"Oh, BTW, I bought a Leica Monochrom yesterday…"

…or something to that effect is what I have to tell my wife today...:poke: Full story: ever since taking advantage of Jono´s generous sharing of MM files to download and play with, I knew that I had to get one sooner or later. And, 3 days before Xmas, I saw that my dealer had got one in stock...
  4. Per Ofverbeck

M9 Firmware 1.162 available now

Get it here!
  5. Per Ofverbeck

A 2010 image to remember

New year´s eve means the usual compilation of news images from the soon-to-be-expired year, and today´s morning paper had an entire section. But the one that really got me was the 2-page cover picture, by the Icelandic photographer Rakel Osk Sigurdadottir, of Iceland horses fleeing from the...
  6. Per Ofverbeck

LX-3 FW upgrade: will remember zoom and focus!!

[Just posted in the LUF; can´t help myself from posting here, too...] Just read this in DPReview about the Version 2.0 firmware update for the LX-3: "...The lens position of zooming and manual focusing is memorized and will resume at this position.... " Now, this is without doubt the single...
  7. Per Ofverbeck

Get Your Final Verdict Here.....

Why settle for just opinions and judgments about your images? Now, you can have an "Intelligent, Unbiased and Instant Assessment" of any photo, all for free.... Just go to the Acquine web site and submit the image itself, or its URL, and get the rating...;) It´s quite fun, really, if one...
  8. Per Ofverbeck

From D-lux 3 to D-lux 4

OK, I have to admit I never was altogether happy with my D-lux 3 that I bought just over 1 year ago. It felt fiddly in my big hands, and the images needed quite a lot of PP to look OK (I always shoot raw). I tried to tell myself that an upgrade would give only a marginal improvement, and that...
  9. Per Ofverbeck

G1 HD on Norwegian site

http://www.tu.no/forbrukerteknologi/article201703.ece For those few of you (:rolleyes: ) who don´t understand Norwegian, the text says that the G1 HD was presented by Panasonic on a press conference earlier this week in Amsterdam. The new model will come bundled with the 14 - 140 lens. So...
  10. Per Ofverbeck

Canon 50/1.2 for LTM: worth having?

I just found this lens on sale locally, well used but at a decent price. Would it be something for the G1, or is it known as a dog? Should be both lighter and cheaper than the f 0.95 one, and noticeably faster than my Summicron 50 - if it can indeed be used wide open.
  11. Per Ofverbeck

It´s HERE! (Lightroom 2.2, that is..)

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2008/12/lightroom_22_now_available.html Just installed it on my PB. Yes, it does handle G1 raws directly; haven´t had time to test details.
  12. Per Ofverbeck

D-lux 3 autumn

Well, everyone is lusting after the D-lux 4 these days (me included...). Still, the good old D-lux 3 can still surprise. These shots from my garden were made just an hour ago (raws, slight PP in Lightroom). Actually, I feel that special something that´s in many Digilux 2 shots is here as...
  13. Per Ofverbeck

Dog Gossip (testing the 16 - 85)

Recently I bought the new 16 - 85 VR as a light-weight walkaround alternative to the 17 - 55 on my D200. Happy to report I´m quite satisfied with it (but not to the point of selling the 17 - 85). The big plus is, of course, the compactness; I just can´t lug the 17 - 55 on a day´s walk and...
  14. Per Ofverbeck

Don´t forget the Digilux 2!

Since I got the D-lux 3 two months ago, I haven´t used my trusty old Digilux 2 very much. But it´s still capable of (technically) excellent results, and the controls are just perfect. Here are a few recent shots from Stockholm:
  15. Per Ofverbeck

D-lux 3 in winter

As told in an earlier thread, I bought my D-lux 3 a few weeks ago, and left for our annual ski holiday shortly after. Normally, I would have brought my beloved Digilux 2, but as a challenge (and to force myself to learn the new tool), I took only the D-lux 3. The result: I made several times...