The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. JCVG

H1/H2 to H4X Upgrade

It's a fair price indeed, have fun shooting with your new lens.
  2. JCVG

H1/H2 to H4X Upgrade

I have the 100, 120 macro and 150 and the 150 is the one i use the most for portrait. The 120 is very good for beauty shots and close up but a bit slow to my taste. As you have the 50-110, I guess the 150mm or maybe the 210mm are better for you. On my back (H4D40, crop sensor) the 150 is...
  3. JCVG

H1/H2 to H4X Upgrade

At first when i've heard about the H4x I was excited as I have an H1 that I use for film and H4D40 for my digital work. Until I realize that if I buy it I wouldn't be able to use my H digital back on it and I'll still need to carry 2 bodies if I want to shoot film and digital. I will survive. ;)...
  4. JCVG

Smashing Pocketwizards against a wall!

I've never had a misfire with a PW. Not even once in many years (and I use the PW + II). So maybe this unit is defective or there is a connection problem if it happens mostly when you shoot vertical. Maybe the weight can cause a bad connection in this position? So just breath, relax and check...
  5. JCVG

Hassy 150 or 120 for portraits?

I use the 150 on the H4D40 and I think it's the perfect lens for portrait. I've tried the 210 but it's too long. I also have the 120 macro, it's sharper but too slow and I don't use it as my standard portrait lens but more for close up beauty pictures. And the 150 is already a very sharp lens...
  6. JCVG

Congrats to Dan Lindberg

Araakii, I find your comment pretty average... :wtf: :poke: Congrats to you Dan!
  7. JCVG

Silverfast 8

Thank you Edward :toocool: Just some random girls/boys I've found in Bangkok ;)
  8. JCVG

Silverfast 8

Dear Arne, Thanks for your answer and I didn't know that! I've searched everywhere on the website and couldn't find any reason why it was doing this. I guess you should put a warning somewhere or maybe I've missed this information somewhere. Well... That was my biggest concern with this...
  9. JCVG

new V750 dust and fog under glass????

No I don't have pictures, the shop got it broken and sent it back. And to clean the glass it's pretty simple, open the cover and remove it (just pull gently and dont forget to unplug it), unscrew the 4 screws on the top and that's it, just remove the glass, clean it and put it back.. The most...
  10. JCVG

Silverfast 8

Dear Arne, I've got an email from you indeed 8/31/11 after my post here (sent you an email 8/25/11). I still have the same problem and deleting the preferences doesn't change anything. See the pictures below. As suggested in your email, deleting the preferences doesn't change anything. But...
  11. JCVG

new V750 dust and fog under glass????

I've ordered the V700 as the V750 is not available in Thailand. First one arrived with the glass broken and second one with a dirty glass inside. I've decided to clean it myself as sending it back to the shop, wait for a replacement (they don't have any in stock so they have to order it...) and...
  12. JCVG

Firmware upgrade for H4D40 & 50 Owners

At least you don't have to buy a new camera and you will feel like you get a new one for free. How cool is that?:cool: I'm glad that Hasselblad is giving us this upgrade for free instead of releasing a new hardware that we have to pay (I've seen other brands doing that). I'm still a happy h4d40...
  13. JCVG

Silverfast 8

I've just bought an Epson V700 and it comes with Silverfast SE. But it won't work with Lion so I have downloaded the demo version of Silverfast 8 SE Plus. So far disappointed during the past 2 days I've tried it, crashed maybe 4 times, I have some very huge weird black stuffs all over the scan...
  14. JCVG

FS: Lens + Digital Back

Never heard from you after my 2nd pm regarding the 210HC.
  15. JCVG

FS: Lens + Digital Back

PM Sent for the 210HC
  16. JCVG

Anyone running Phocus teathered on a imac

I'll second Stefan on the repeater and I'm using this one: http://www.lindy.co.uk/3-port-firewire-800-repeater-hub/32911.html Works flawlessly. JC
  17. JCVG

Anyone running Phocus teathered on a imac

Hi Andrew, I use the H4D40 with an iMac 2.8GHZ i7 with 16GB of RAM and the ATI Radeon HD 4850 with 512MB of memory when I shoot tethered. And it's fast. :) And when I'm shooting on location I also use my "very old" MacBook Pro. It's a 2.53GHZ Intel core 2 Duo with 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M...
  18. JCVG

SOLD Rollei Lenscontrol-S new in Box

Re: Rollei Lenscontrol-S new in Box Hi H3Dtogo, I didn't get any answer from my last PM sent 2 days ago. Maybe there is a problem with PM but as I couldn't wait for your answer I've ended up buying the HC 120 on Ebay, sorry.
  19. JCVG

SOLD Rollei Lenscontrol-S new in Box

Re: Rollei Lenscontrol-S new in Box PM Sent for the HC 120 Macro
  20. JCVG

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Test shoot with the H4D40 (1/800 150mm at F5.6 100 ISO). I am soooo in love with this camera! Actually this picture was taken with the demo camera from my dealer but I'll get mine TOMORROW! :D BTW, I love this forum and I think it's nice to have a place like this one where we can see so many...