The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. RF_Licks

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Jono, congrats on your Monochrom! 1936 meets 2012. CZJ 50/2 Collapsible pre-war on Monochrom. My Monochrom continues to amaze me with vintage lenses. Joe
  2. RF_Licks

WTB - Contax Sonnar rangefinder lenses Carl Zeiss Opton Jena T coated 50/1.5, 85/2

Looking for some reasonably good condition Contax rangefinder lenses. Lens should be free from fungus and preferably without separation. Zeiss 50/1.5, 85/2 Sonnar design in Contax RF mount. Not looking for Russian Kiev Jupiters. Please PM me with what you have, preferably with prices and...
  3. RF_Licks

Picked up a UC-Hexanon 35/2 from a forum member. Joe
  4. RF_Licks

Ash, love your recent B&W work, superb! Joe
  5. RF_Licks

Fun w/Digital M Images

Re: Fun with the New Leica M Old lenses work quite nicely on the M240 Nikkor SC 5cm 1.4 at 16in MFD (with EVF) Canon 35 1.8 ltm Canon 50 1.8ltm 50Cron Rigid 50Lux pre-ASPH Nocti 1.0 Leitz 135 Elmar
  6. RF_Licks

FS: Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 pre-ASPH (E46)

I ended up with 2 copies of this lens due to a trade and will let one go. Black E46 with built on hood and 0.7m close focus. Ex condition (conservative), no issues with glass. Barrel has very slight wear marks, aperture clicks nicely and and focus ring very smooth. Lens has been tested on both...
  7. RF_Licks

WTB W-Nikkor 35 1.8 Screw Mount/LTM for Leica/ Trade with 50Lux pre-ASPH

I'm looking for a W-Nikkor 35 1.8 ltm screw mount. I can also consider a trade +cash on your part for an EX+ condition Summilux pre-ASPH (E46) Please PM if you have one for sale or are interested in a trade. Thanks, Joe
  8. RF_Licks

Fun w/Digital M Images

Re: Fun with the New Leica M Yes but on Lightroom 4, it is predicting aperture all over the place, especially when shot wide open. For instance, on a f/1.4 or f/2 shot, it often shows an aperture of f/11 or f/16 and this is quite frequent. Not sure if anyone knows of a fix for LR? Joe
  9. RF_Licks

Fun w/Digital M Images

Re: Fun with the New Leica M Congrats Matt, enjoy your M240! Mine just returned from Solms for the lug fix. Here's one where the EVF was useful. Rangefinder purist might scoff at me and prefer to use a ruler to focus, but I'll gladly use technology when available :D Nikkor SC 5cm f/1.4 ltm...
  10. RF_Licks

Fun w/Digital M Images

Re: Fun with the New Leica M For those who may be interested in the 21Ultron, here are some sample pics at various subject distances for comparison (I apologize for lack of interesting subject matter). The 3rd and 4th shots are at approx 0.7 and 0.5m MFD respectively The vignetting on #2,3 &...
  11. RF_Licks

Fun w/Digital M Images

Re: Fun with the New Leica M Thanks Tim, Its quite a remarkable lens by Voigtlander standards. It balances nicely on the M and doesn't feel too front heavy. Its sharp enough at f/1.8 and sharpens up even more when stopped down to f/4 or f/5.6. Not 21SEM sharp but quite close, but with...
  12. RF_Licks

Thanks Lloyd! Yes, treasures to be preserved What a wonderful shot! :thumbup:
  13. RF_Licks

Great shots all :thumbup: My small contribution to this thread. Joe
  14. RF_Licks

Fun w/Digital M Images

Re: Fun with the New Leica M Thanks Ash, Jono and everyone else for the comments and likes! :thumbup: Thanks Dave, yes start them young! :) Actually his camera is a working Canon SD1100s which also has a viewfinder, but I think he was just putting his face on the LCD, mimicking his dad with...
  15. RF_Licks

Fun w/Digital M Images

Re: Fun with the New Leica M Great shots all! My M(240) is on the way back to Solms for the lug fix. I'm sure many of you posting here are affected as well. One reason I am enjoying the M is shooting wide lenses with the EVF. Although there is a delay, it does help with accurate framing...
  16. RF_Licks

Fun w/Digital M Images

re: Fun with the New Leica M Howdy folks, hope all is well with everyone here. Apologies as I have been away from this forum for sometime. Like Ajay, I had a UPS truck delivery last Sat. Some initial shots. Ignore the aperture in exif. All shot wide open. LR4 is not picking up the...