The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Georg Baumann

Fun With Sony Cameras

Yikes.... pics like (shiver) that should be taboo until October 31st. :ROTFL: Hey, long time no see, hope all is good in your neck of the woods.
  2. Georg Baumann

Fun With Sony Cameras

Greetings Barry, It may come as a suprise to some to learn that around 2.4 billion people have no access to such a simple, pleasant and "relatively" risk-free :ROTFL: experience. About 70% of households in India are without. In clear terms that means, around 1.2 billion people defecate in the...
  3. Georg Baumann

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Hmm, now that implies that the gulls mysteriously appeared after b&w conversion. ;) - Just kidding, I am in a funny mood watching that DC spectacle as I type here. - I still think it is a very lovely composition with the fences...
  4. Georg Baumann

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Hi Dave, I was torn between liking the picture or not. Then I liked it. LOL At first I thought that the texture of the sky looks too much... "enhanced?"... hence appearing somehwat sandy-grainy as the beach itself, on top, the centric...
  5. Georg Baumann

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Hi Ute. Of course, by the book, you are correct. No need to be angry, wasn't meant to hurt anyones feelings, and in the final analysis, it is a compliment if you look at it, as the Cro-Magnon was robustly built and very powerful, a...
  6. Georg Baumann

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Around 40,000 years ago they already had Facebook, well sorta, in Pettakere cave. Then again, I am sure their days were filled with more interesting activities, like running away from sabretooth, jumping on galopping mammuts, or just...
  7. Georg Baumann

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Know such structures from NW Ireland. I always wondered what on earth made the ancient ones go through the effort of lifting a stone that size up onto another, strange hobby isn't it. ;)
  8. Georg Baumann

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) I am getting old.... at a quick first glance I thought... Well this is kinda unusual and brave, having an Avatar~ish sorta tattoo all across your face.... when I realised, it was the leaves.... Doh?! :facesmack:
  9. Georg Baumann

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun With Sony _____ Not really, but it's a funny thing really. I had not been there for nearly 2 decades , and then was to exhibit some work of mine on the photokina in 2008. So I took a flight and was there a day early, because I had arranged for some chaps from Sinar, Olympus, a...
  10. Georg Baumann

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun With Sony _____ Sooooo strange to look at for me, having sat on these steps so often, walking across the trainstation to the Musikhochschule, or walking to the left, passing the shoping mall to make my way into the South of the City to have a drink where Wolfgang Niedeggen from BAP...
  11. Georg Baumann

Technical Camera Images

With a big bang.... Kaboooooom.... immediately made it to my list of the very best pictures I've seen in my life. Congrats! :salute: Georg
  12. Georg Baumann

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun With Sony _____ Answer: Oh, you DO remember the A850? Who would have thought you're THAT old already.
  13. Georg Baumann

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Rewind two days, then walk straight until you passed the power lines. Take mutiple shoots from your widest to your longest, ideally with circ.-pol. attached, then post again... .... just kidding...
  14. Georg Baumann

Deleted

When I think what kind of technology has made it into cameras today, from my very first digital Olympus-E1 to this Sony, massively increased dynamic range and resolution, video from one fps to 120 fps, 4K, 5 axis stab., tons of connectivity, take your pick, it is truly jaw dropping.
  15. Georg Baumann

Deleted

Glad to see A-mount getting company. Fantastic specs indeed.
  16. Georg Baumann

Fun with images taken with the Pentax K1

Besides post processing, not to forget excellent technique applied, .6 ND + Pol is a challenge I believe, which brings me to a question Quentin, how is focussing practised with that filter combination? I mean, the prism does not have enough light left for you to see and focus with that...
  17. Georg Baumann

Forgot one to ask, has anyone of you tested the shft/tilt capability of the sensor on architecture for example? They say 1.5mm shift and +/-1% tilt is possible. If you checked that out, how useful is that for landscape? Thanks!
  18. Georg Baumann

Not being knowledgable in any way on the Pentax system. If you had to commit to a systenm with three lenses, which would you get to cover the biggest possible range? I think currently there is nothing out there that would compare to my Sony G 70-400, and my Zeiss 135mm f/1.8 would that be...
  19. Georg Baumann

Luminous Landscape going pay-to-view next month

Hi, I don't want to get into a in depth discussion about that. However, I want to correct your statement. Coincidently, I was there in this very week in 2008, and sat in his studio beside him when we compared various prints from the G10 and the Hassy for hours, as did other photographers...
  20. Georg Baumann

Greetings, took the K1 for a spin yesterday, and I must say, the last time I was so excited about a camera was, you're gonna beat me with a stick now, when I started shooting with my very first digital, the Olympus E-1. Seriously! There is something about this lovely maschine that I can not...