The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. NotXorc

Photo book & publication workshops

I am looking to create and publish a photo book from an ongoing project, and would be willing to travel to any location in the U.S. for hands-on learning and advisement, preferably this summer. There are no production imperatives dictating an exact course of action, so I will likely consider...
  2. NotXorc

Nikon D810 Multi Selector Problem?

After getting it today, I have run my D810 through the paces and noticed some unusual behavior with the multi selector (d-pad, directional pad, etc.). When reviewing zoomed-in images to check focus I have no problems scrolling quickly up, down, right or left, but diagonal scrolling is very hit...
  3. NotXorc

Nokia Lumia 520 – How to get full-sized images?

All the specs that I have seen put the image sensor in my new Lumia 520 at 5mp. However, when I share an image over email or export out of my camera roll, I see that the images are only 1.4mp. I'm not sure how to get the advertised resolution out of my little camera. None of the camera setting...
  4. NotXorc

The PPW (Picture Postcard Workflow)

In a nutshell, this book is causing me issues! It is, for me, an interesting rethink of the way that I approach editing an image. That you take some steps in the workflow which temporarily degrade image quality does not necessarily make it any easier. The PPW as taught by Dan Margulis, offers...
  5. NotXorc

WTB: RRS B50L "L" plate for Nikon F100

If you have one you are willing to part with, please send me a PM. It seems RRS do not stock these anymore. Thanks!
  6. NotXorc

ATL, GA Used Photo Retailer: Recommendations

Am in the market for a used Nikon film body and would appreciate any dealer recommendations, particularly in the southern part of ATL. Thanks!!
  7. NotXorc

Where to get Adobe PS CS6 (student/teacher)?

Current best retail price for Photoshop-CS6 (student/teacher) is about $240 USD. When I just tried to purchase from B&H in NYC, their online system says: "ADPSECS6MS--Photoshop Extended CS6 for Mac (Student & Teacher Edition) is no longer available at B&H and was removed from your shopping...
  8. NotXorc

Poster of Great Cameras in the History of Photography

I'm looking for a poster that features pictures of some of the great milestone cameras in history. Kodak Brownie, Rollei TLR, Leica RF, Nikon F, D1, etc. This poster would be displayed in a photography classroom and might serve as a conversation starter regarding the arc of camera development...
  9. NotXorc

Ctein's article on Printer Variability (Epson 3880)

I am looking forward to reading about his experience in testing the variation in performance among the sample of Epson 3880s that he evaluated. He teased that his findings would be forthcoming one week ago at TOP. The Online Photographer: Product Variability, Part I I did participate in his...
  10. NotXorc

Warping/ripples in Canson Infinity Platine Fibre Rag on Epson 3880

On some 17x22" prints from the Epson Stylus Pro 3880 I am observing a puckering/waviness in the texture when viewed at the right angle. In the image attached, there are about 8-9 waves visible, especially at the far left side of the print. Visibility is highly dependent on the angle of light...
  11. NotXorc

Watercolors on B&W prints

I am learning about handpainting watercolors onto pigment inkjet prints. Altering prints with paints is a practice that appeared very early in the history of photography. Much information is available on these early techniques. I have a book by Henisch & Henisch 'The Painted Photograph...
  12. NotXorc

Lens recommendation: Medium-wide angle

Requirements: Focal length between 20-35mm. Will initially be used on a consumer DX body, but should cover FX. Compact size/weight preferred. Maximum aperture no slower than f/2.8. Electronic aperture control required. Manual focus prime with high build quality preferred, but will accept AF if...
  13. NotXorc

Hardware and Options for Hanging Dye-Sub Prints

I am preparing some photographic work for a client using a dye sublimation process that is bonded to aluminum. My service bureau (a very small operation) offers a 24"x36" print for $50-75. I have agreed to shoot a series of panoramic landscapes, and will be tiling two or more of these prints for...
  14. NotXorc

Raw Photo Processor (RPP) Impressions and Workflow

While dawdling, waiting for Adobe to release LR3, I discovered RPP. It has been amazing, enlightening, and frustrating me ever since. Sort of like a new girlfriend, then. ;) First, I haven't been using it in Comparometer™-type pixel collations against other raw converters. RPP is based around...
  15. NotXorc

Where to get LR3 (boxed)?

Because I am purchasing through my state's system, I must get the boxed version of LR3 from a brick and mortar outlet. A service person with Adobe directed me to this site: http://partners.adobe.com/resellerfinder/na/education.jsp However, none of the sellers listed have the product on the...