The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. DavidE

Fun with the Leica Q

From the MGM Grand in Vegas
  2. DavidE

Fun with the Leica Q

From midtown Manhattan
  3. DavidE

Fun with the Leica Q

From Moogfest
  4. DavidE

Fun with the Leica Q

From Grand Central
  5. DavidE

Fun with the Leica Q

From midtown Manhattan - - - Updated - - - From midtown Manhattan - - - Updated - - - From midtown Manhattan
  6. DavidE

Fun with the Leica Q

These are some Leica Q photos from the past six months. Still loving this camera. I carry it almost everywhere I go. It fits into a small camera bag, nestled beside my M Monochrom. From Circus Circus in Vegas
  7. DavidE

Fun with the Leica Q

Kirk, I don't think the Q's lens is more contrasty than my M lenses. The Q uses a different sensor than the previous Leica cameras, so it may be a situation where we're trying to figure out how best to process the images. Here's another one from the Q. From midtown Manhattan
  8. DavidE

Fun with the Leica Q

Thanks, Ramosa. Much appreciated. It's my favorite shot from the Q... so far.
  9. DavidE

Fun with the Leica Q

From Circus Circus in Vegas
  10. DavidE

Fun with the Leica Q

From Times Square It's a store window with reflections.
  11. DavidE

Fun with the Leica Q

From the Tokyo International Forum in Tokyo
  12. DavidE

Leica Monochrom Lightroom 6 Panorama function not working?

Using Lightroom 6, I selected three Monochrom files and the Panorama function from the pull-down menus. When the files loaded, I also got the "Unknown errors occurred" message. I tried both DNG and TIF. No success here.
  13. DavidE

The New Monochrom at ISO 12,500 photos...

I didn't think I would be interested in the new Monochrom, since I already have the older CCD-based version. These photos have changed my mind. I figured that the CMOS sensor would let you go to higher ISOs, but I had no idea how clean and noise-free the files would be. That's amazing quality...
  14. DavidE

Fun with Leica X (all models)

The Brill Building near Times Square Shot with an X Vario
  15. DavidE

From the CEATEC tradeshow in Japan Shot with an X Vario
  16. DavidE

From midtown Manhattan Shot with an X Vario
  17. DavidE

Thanks, Godfrey. It's all reflections along with whatever was on the other side of the store window. I'm not clever enough to devise an appropriate overlay from scratch, so I leave it to chance and process the better combinations using Lightroom and Silver Efex Pro to make everything seem to be...
  18. DavidE

From the Garment District in New York Shot with an X Vario
  19. DavidE

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

These were shot in New York during PhotoPlus Expo. Both with the Monochrom and APO 50mm Summicron.
  20. DavidE

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Haven't posted here in a while. Sorry about that. I've been traveling quite a bit. Here are two from the Melaten cemetery in Cologne. Visited there during photokina. Both were shot with a Monochrom and 50mm Summilux.