The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. DavidE

Show Us Your Wallpaper

Do you use your Leica-captured images as wallpaper for your computer, notebook, or mobile phone? This is a thread for posting screenshots (or photos) of that wallpaper. I'll go first. Here's the home screen for my Blackberry.
  2. DavidE

DP1 Visits New Orleans

Here's a 15-second exposure of Canal Street in New Orleans. I snapped it last week while attending the SIGGRAPH conference. ISO 100, f/10, 15 seconds [My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]
  3. DavidE

DP1 Visits Las Vegas

Three from Circus Circus in Las Vegas. [My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]
  4. DavidE

DP1 Plane Views

A few window shots using the DP1. The small size lets you easily pull it from your bag when the terrain looks interesting. [My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]
  5. DavidE

DP2 + Closeup Lenses + BW =

Thought I would try out the DP2 with the Sigma AML-1 and assorted Tiffen closeup lenses. [My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]
  6. DavidE

DP1 Takes to the Air

Here's the view from seat 30A coming back from PMA. The DP1 is small enough to easily fit in my briefcase. I pack the camera in a Kata C-54 padded pouch, so I don't have to worry about it being crushed. ISO 100, f/8, 1/250 second [My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh...
  7. DavidE

DP1 Images from PMA Trip

This one is from my hotel room window. I snapped a bunch of shots as the sun was coming up. This was the sharpest and best lit of the bunch. ISO 100, f/4, 1.6 seconds [My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]
  8. DavidE

Olympus Micro 4/3rds News from PMA

I stopped by the Olympus table at the Sneak Peak press event at PMA. I was told by an Olympus rep that they'll be showing a newer prototype of their small micro 4/3rds camera tomorrow at the booth. It will be under glass, so we won't be able to handle it. They still plan to ship it this year.
  9. DavidE

DP2 News from PMA

I stopped by the Sigma table at the Sneak Peak press event at PMA. I was told by a Sigma rep that the DP2 should be shipping sometime in March. He thought it would take a different lens hood from the DP1, but will be able to use the same close-up lens. I asked if there were any plans to put the...
  10. DavidE

Fun with Corel Painter

I was messing around with Corel Painter and a Wacom graphics tablet, when it dawned on me I could use them to alter my photos. Hello, pseudo art. The first two are DP1 images. The third is a GRD2 image. [My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images...
  11. DavidE

Dramatic Sky

When I'm bored with work, I tend to glance out the window. Sometimes the sky is so interesting, I have to grab my DP1 for a quick photo. This is from today. ISO 100, f/8, 1/320 second [My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]
  12. DavidE

Fun with DP1 Closeup Lenses

I wanted to see how well the DP1 would perform with a stack of closeup lenses. Would the 3-D qualities of Foveon sensor still shine through? Would the Bokeh look OK? For these shots, I attached the Sigma AML-1 closeup lens along with three 46mm Tiffen closeup lenses: +4, +2, and +1. There was...
  13. DavidE

Create Tilt-Shift Photos

I found a site that lets you upload images and transform them into simulated tilt-shift images. Here's the link: http://tiltshiftmaker.com/ before after [My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]
  14. DavidE

DP1 Visits CES

I attended the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) last week in Las Vegas. I didn't bring a tripod, but instead looked for places I could rest the camera so I could shoot at ISO 100, even in relatively low light. This is a shot of the Samsung booth. I used a counter-top at another booth for camera...
  15. DavidE

YouTube Video: Moriyama Daido Street Shooting

Mitch Alland posted this link on dpreview's Ricoh Talk forum, but I figured it should get an airing here. It shows Moriyama Daido shooting along the street. Worth watching for his casual technique. Here's the YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VViYphLJWOk. And here's the link to the...
  16. DavidE

GRD2 Black-and-White Shots

Here are some black-and-white shots from my GRD2. I've been neglecting it for the DP1, but am learning to appreciate its capabilities, especially for low-light b&w photos. [My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if it doesn't load the first time.]
  17. DavidE

GRD2 in Vegas

I shot this at the Circus Circus hotel in Vegas. It looked as though she was preparing to fly out the window.
  18. DavidE

DP1 Returns to Vegas

I had another trip to Vegas last week (for the Digital Cinema Summit and NAB tradeshow). Here are two DP1 shots captured at the Adventuredome at Circus Circus. I processed them in Lightroom, so don't blame the DP1 for the distortions in color.
  19. DavidE

More "Mistake" Photos

I've been traveling this week, but wanted to follow up on the interesting thread we had going on last week with blur-as-high-art images. Here are two more entries for this emerging category. The first was taken with a lowly Sanyo C4. The second was captured the same night and with the same...
  20. DavidE

Similar Shots: DP1 & GRD2

Here are similar shots from my recent trip to Vegas. The angles were different, and they were shot on different days. On the other hand, both were shot at ISO 400, and the lighting was essentially the same. The first image is with the DP1 (1/30th of a second exposure), and second image is with...