The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. otumay

Sigma PhotoPro 5.5.1 problem

This is strange: PhotoPro browser refuses to display certain raw images (X3F format of course). The folder contains a few hundred raw images, all shot with SD1 Merrill; the software's browser does not show the thumbnails of the last, say two hundred images. I uninstalled and deleted the...
  2. otumay

Dad's Recovery

Dear friends, I've been absent from this forum for over a fortnight. My father had a serious brain condition and was hospitalized for 17 days, three of which were spent in intensive care and one particular nightmarish night in deep coma. Thankfully, The Old Blue Eyes is home now, convalescing...
  3. otumay

Foveon under unnatural light

From the start, two issues kept nagging me regarding this otherwise fantastic sensor; unsatisfactory noise performance and difficulty in getting the white balance right under unnatural lighting conditions. It is still the same sensor, but I guess firm- and software upgrades did the trick. Still...
  4. otumay

The rising tide at the Golden Horn

I know it is not a small sensor camera, the SD14. But it has the same sensor with the DP series, so I thought I could post some images here.
  5. otumay

Sigma SD15 - An improvement over SD14?

Hi, Yesterday I had the opportunity to compare the new SD15 with my SD14. Using the same lens (18-50mm/2.8), I shot the same scenes with the same focal distances and camera settings, then converted to 16-bit TIFF with Sigma's PhotoPro 4.1, and later converted to jpeg with Photoshop CS4. My...
  6. otumay

Strolling in Scutari with DP-1

I'm regularly writing to a cultural activities blog in Istanbul on the subject of itineraries for sightseeing on foot. I'd like to share a few shots from my Scutari (a historical district on the Asian side of the city) article.
  7. otumay

Sigma 30mm f/1.4

I know this is not the appropriate place to post this thread, therefore I shall not go into detail. More detailed discussion is on the "Other Cameras" section. Sigma SD14 shares the same sensor with its sibling DP series. This lens is impressive. I shall post just two samples. For those...
  8. otumay

Sigma 30mm f/1.4 lens

I plan to buy one for my SD14. Any user comments will be very much welcome. Thanks, Osman
  9. otumay

Sigma 30mm f/1.4 lens

Any comments on the subject will be most welcome. Though I plan to buy it for my Sigma SD14, the Nikon-mount version should have a very similar performance methinks. Thanks, Osman
  10. otumay

Nocturnal amble

Armed with the mighty DP1, he might be seen stalking in the streets of the city at night...:eek:
  11. otumay

Ruby Princess leaves the town...

It was an awesome sight; she was gliding effortlessly and gracefully over the waves, as if at a standstill. Only the change in her size and angle gave away her departure. In a few minutes, she was but a speck on the horizon, a diminishing member in the southbound caravan of ships heading for...
  12. otumay

Advice on upgrading to CaptureOne Pro

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum to bring this question up, but I shall be grateful if you could give me advice on this subject. Presently I'm using CS4 for dust removal, lens correction and fine-tuning, after converting my DNG files to TIFF in C1. Best, Osman
  13. otumay

GRD2 in vacation

Hi, These shots are two years old. Location; Fethiye, south-western coast of Turkey. Best, Osman
  14. otumay

A day with Ricoh GR-DII

A very versatile camera with unexpectedly good results in the b/w department, though I never trusted it for raw shots. In spite of its wide DR, I found color IQ and noise performance unreliable. Motivated by some very good shots posted here, I thought I'd give it a try. Colors first, b/w's...
  15. otumay

DP1 in Pergamon

Who said DP1 can't shoot history? Yes, we all know it can. I played the ignorant toting a funny small point-and shoot camera, eyed unenthusiastically by DSLR-carrying ladies and gentleman in Bergama (Pergamon), near İzmir (Smyrna). Best, Osman
  16. otumay

Sigma PhotoPro 4.0 crashes

The title of this thread may look familiar to Sigma veterans, as older versions of this dedicated software for Foveon sensors were prone to freezing frequently. I was relieved to find the latest version to be relatively stable, but now I see that it started crashing again. This maybe due to my...
  17. otumay

M8 user in distress

Something terrible happened: I was touring and shooting in the acropolis of Pergamon, and suddenly the battery died. Apparently it died while the camera was busy writing a RAW file and its b+w jpeg sibling. Upon inserting a charged battery, I saw the ominous "SD Card locked" prompt. I took the...
  18. otumay

Marching Band

This was both funny and fortunate: I came upon a municipal marching band practicing for a concert they were about to give soon. The musicians were very sweet, they posed for the photographers, smiled and made jokes. Then they started to march and play; all smiles. Isn't spring wonderful? M8 with...
  19. otumay

Panasonic FZ7 user manual

A friend of mine has recently bought a new FZ7, but the only manual in the box was in French, which he does not understand. Does anyone know a website where I can download a manual in English for him? Thanks, Osman
  20. otumay

Last but not least, Elmar 135mm

Hi everyone, The M forum contains so many excellent shots that I needed some courage to post a few of mine. I recently posted two threads in the Nikon forum, concerning two trips with 200-400 and 200mm Nikkors, handheld. This last episode of this series is this. Comments and criticism most...