The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. danlindberg

x1d backfocus

Anyone have a tip on how to adjust backfocus on X1D? I have mk.1 body and XCD90. I was asked to do a few portraits yesterday and when looking through the series of images I realised imediately that 80% were focused on the tip of the ear and eye soft even if that's where I aimed all the time...
  2. danlindberg

IQ1 50 H-mount

I have been out of the loop for quite some time so I thought I ask my friends here for some input. I'm not in the market for a DB (too expensive) but an IQ1 50 H-mount turned up at my doorstep at a price that seems 'very' attractive (through my longtime dealer so all legit) and I just might...
  3. danlindberg

Non-macro lens for macro

Just wondering. If I use a non-macro lens to do tabletop with bellows/extensionrings, would it be best performance to put lens at minimum focusing distance OR at infinity, especially if the lens was corrected for infinity? What's the theory here?
  4. danlindberg

Hasselblad fixed lens achromatic

I wouldn't mind this one. Achromatic, fixed lens, precise distance display, ALL manual, double high capacity batteries (2000 exposures).... Well, designed it for me :grin:
  5. danlindberg

rediscovering the Canon FD 85/1.2

I have never upgraded my A7R mk1 for the simple reason it is my backup cam (hardly ever use it) and I only use Loxia 21 + 50, thus, no (bad) autofocus to worry about. I kept my Canon FD lenses from the eighties and thought I give it a go with the iconic 85/1.2. I bought a Novoflex adapter and...
  6. danlindberg

need tips with thumbnails!

I am going nuts here. I typically have 300-400 raw files in a folder before I build a new one. I have the same kind of raw files in each folder. Could be Credo 60 files, Hasselblad x1d files, Sony A7r files. It has always been a little tough on displaying thumbnails, but managable. Now it is...
  7. danlindberg

Medium format slides to digital

I used, back in the day, a Minolta Dimage Pro 'Something' to scan my Fuji GX 680 III slides. At the time it was supposed to be a very good scanner (remember it was expensive for me) but I never really liked the files it produced. Still have it! But it hasn't seen light for decades now. I have...
  8. danlindberg

Canon Imageprograf TM-200 24"

Just read two things about this printer, 1.pigmented ink 2.ready for exhibition work Is this so? It is deadcheap and I need a new 24" printer, could this do photography prints?
  9. danlindberg

X1d + ES + studioflash

This image was shot with (only moments ago) Hasselblad X1d mounted on the Alpa 12 Plus with a Schneider 120 and Profoto studioflashes. So, how did I do it? :p
  10. danlindberg

.3FR to .3FR

With the risk of making a fool out of myself....:facesmack: If I have a raw file, .3FR from my X1D - can I tweak it to my liking and save it as a .3FR file again? Many years ago I have a weak memory that with the Credo 60 I could tweak the file in C1 and then save it to a .EIP file! Am I right...
  11. danlindberg

How do you organize your cupboard?

I have hesitated for a while now to start this thread. It is NOT intended to be a bragging thread, who has the most lenses and the sort. No, I am genuinely interested to pick up a few ideas of how to organize my cupboard better!! Most of us have bits and pieces from decades of collecting stuff...
  12. danlindberg

A modern SWC

Hasselblad X1D + XCD 21/4 & cropmode 1:1. A modern SWC. Yesterday I took my bike and the lightest backpack with the X1D + XCD21. Nothing else. I had no plans where to go, what to shoot, the only thing I knew was that I had no time pressure and was going to shoot the entire day with crop factor...
  13. danlindberg

DIY shade for my Alpa

A new Alpa in hand means a surge in inspiration! Today I made myself a little shade! I used the Alpa SWA up-side-down adadpter and put the smallest (really tiny) Cullman ballhead there! A piece of (firm) foam in place and I can move it around in just about any angle I want around the lens. It...
  14. danlindberg

GF 45 vs. GF 32-64 @45

It seems everyone loves the zoom, which of course is great. I wonder if there is a difference between the two for landscapes and tripod shooting? Thinking the 45 @f4 - f5.6 and the GF 32-64 @f4 - f5.6. Not taking into account weight, bulk, conveniance etc.
  15. danlindberg

Stolen

We got home two hours ago from a night away. Unfortunately we came home to a home in chaos! All doors and windows open, everything a complete mess inside. The big safe with my most valuable cameras gone. The police has just left and tomorrow I need to make a complete list of what is missing and...
  16. danlindberg

help with maths

I was never any good with maths so am I thinking correctly here? X1d + Canon FDn 50/1.4 To get the correct field of view with the above combo you take 50 * 0,79 = 39,5 for equivalent 35 format. Then in post production I mask all and then subract mask by 15% and crop. This to take away what I...
  17. danlindberg

Canon FD on X1D (or GFX)

Hi guys, saw that Novoflex, among others, offer a Canon FD lens adapter to X1D. I wonder if anyone has tried a wide FD with this size sensor? I have a few FD lenses left (FDn20/2.8 • FDn35/2.0 • FDn50/1.4 • FDn85/1.2). Do you think I could get reasonable results with the FDn20/2.8 and the...
  18. danlindberg

Leaf Aptus 5 II advice

I bought my fat pixel back new 10 years ago and it has worked perfect for the 5500 exposures I have done. I love the rendering and colours. It needs light with native iso25 and not playing well with either longer exposure times or higher iso - but this is fine, I simply use it in conditions...
  19. danlindberg

new Canon Tse lenses and big sensor?

Maybe early days for anyone to have tried any of the new Tse lenses on a bigger sensor, but I am a little curious if they could be an option for my Alpa FPS and Credo 60 back? I have not been blown away with the 17 + 24 on big sensor but I would think that the 50, 90 and 135 are 'easier' focals...
  20. danlindberg

Voightlander 10, 12 or 15?

If you forget about the obvious differences in focal length, does anybody know if they are equal in 'pure' optical performance or if one of them stands out? I am most interested to know if one of them is sharp in corners at optimium aperture? I find that most shortcomings are correctable in...