The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. L

Nikon D800E - Is it possible to reset the frame counter?

I just bought a "used" D800E in EXC+ condition. The camera looks new. I took a test shot, and the frame number is DSC_0001. Is it possible to reset the frame number in the field, or is this really a new camer? TIA. - Leigh
  2. L

Delay in reporting malware posts

The board imposes a 4-minute delay between reporting spam and other problematic posts. Why? There are currently three spam threads, one of which I reported. So I have to wait 4 minutes to report the second, then another 4 minutes to report the third. There's no time delay imposed on the...
  3. L

Lighting a heavy model ???

I'm presented with an interesting challenge... shooting figure studies of a young woman who's rather overweight. She used to be rather slim, and is still quite pretty. I did some nice figure work with her a few years ago. :cool: But she put on a lot of weight when she was pregnant a couple...
  4. L

Travel Photographer of the Year winners

BBC News online article with some of the winning photos (not high-definition): Travel Photographer of the Year: What was the best? - BBC News - Leigh
  5. L

3,200 MEGApixel camera

But you won't like the price... BBC News - Camera seeks dark energy clues - Leigh
  6. L

FS: Linhof Multi-Focal Viewfinder for 4x5

In excellent condition, with box, instructions, and auxiliary slip-on 56x72 mask. It covers lens focal lengths from 90mm to 360mm (down to 75mm with an optical accessory that I don't have). The image does not change size appreciably when you zoom. Only the framing changes. The base...
  7. L

FS: NIB Promaster Digital UV Filter 77mm $80

Price of $80 cash/USPS money order includes shipping via USPS in CONUS only. This is half what I paid for it plus shipping. In the original hard plastic display package. - Leigh
  8. L

FS (35mm): Nikon 80-200mm f/2.8 AF D ED-IF w/case

Lens is in perfect condition. No issues. Case has a couple of minor scuffs. Lens comes with both original caps and the correct HB-7 lens hood (cheap plastic but original Nikon). According to Ken Rockwell this version was manufactured from 1993 through 1997. It's a one-touch zoom. Price $500...
  9. L

Upgraded FIOS service

They just processed by speed upgrade. Guess I can download dirty movies faster than I can watch 'em. :D Test site: www.speedtest.net - Leigh
  10. L

World's largest panoramic photo - 320 Billion pixels

Short BBC video spot about taking the photo: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p015d4ks - Leigh
  11. L

FS: Nikon 85/1.8 D (AF) for 35mm-size body

I have both the 1.4 and 1.8 versions of this lens, and don't need both, so I'm selling the 1.8. Lens is in KEH EXC+/LN condition; has always been protected by UV filter (included). I bought the lens new, and it's seldom been out of the camera bag. Photos if you insist, but I haven't taken any...
  12. L

pnoto.net problems... anybody else having any?

This morning I posted a comment critical of the way photo.net is operated. In response, Josh deleted the post and closed my account. Anybody else having problems with them? - Leigh
  13. L

FS - NOS Rollei back

I don't know which exact model(s) this fits. It has the adjustable pressure plate for the 120/35mm dual format camera. $150 + $10 S&H via Priority Mail with delivery confirmation to CONUS only. Postal Money Order only. Don't ask about paypill... I won't respond. As stated, it's NOS from...
  14. L

Pocketwizard Plus II - battery problem?

I've seen references to a "melt-down" problem associated with drained batteries, but haven't found a real description of it. Can someone explain what's happening and the circumstances under which it occurs, so I can hopefully avoid it? TIA - Leigh
  15. L

Lens hoods / shades for LF?

What do folks use for hoods on LF field/view cameras? Given the wide range of lens attachment sizes and angle of view, it would seem difficult to find suitable shading devices. I'm thinking of using a compendium lens hood. But the ones I've seen attach to the camera body and might interfere...
  16. L

FS: Sekonic L-358 light meter

I bought this meter new seven weeks ago from a local Sekonic dealer for $297 (incl tax). It's complete with all original stuff including printed manual and Quick Guide (and the box if I can find it). $240 cash or postal money order includes shipping via Priority Mail w/Delivery...
  17. L

WTB: Majestic double-leg tripod

I'm looking for the model with pairs of legs at each location. I think it's a 4140 but don't quote me. Telescoping legs would be nice but not absolutely necessary. I don't need the head. I'm moving my existing head from a mono-leg tripod to the paired-leg version. Please email or PM with...