The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

what sony to get next? or non-sony?

The A7s supposedly has the fastest low light AF of any mirrorless. You can watch some of the tests on youtube. It's not so great in good light, and it shoots low fps, but you have the A6000 for that. Just do a search for A7s vs GH4 On youtube.
  2. S

Pixel Paradise: A7R with 24-70, 28-70 and 55 F1.8 compared.

After looking at the full size image, I am switching my guess back to the original guess. The top one is the FE 55. Just slightly better micro contrast and sharpness at "first glance" whenever I glance at any same spot on both images.
  3. S

Pixel Paradise: A7R with 24-70, 28-70 and 55 F1.8 compared.

These two are very similar, and the visual cues do not help. There are parts in the top image that looks sharper, for instance the windows in the building on the left edge. There are also parts in the bottom image that looks sharper than the top image, like the tiles on some of the rooftops...
  4. S

Sony 24-70 F4 Lens

The comparison with the Nikkor 24-70 is very interesting. It was my most used lens on my Nikon, and I was happy enough with it. However, I also did sell that lens to focus on primes with the newer high resolution cameras. I'm starting to have a different opinion of this FE lens.
  5. S

A7R + FE55 = Portraits?

I have both lenses. The 45/2 is very comparable to the 55 FE in the center on an A7R. I need to do more testing to see the borders and corners. The G 90 was a disappointment. I have a Nikkor 85/1.4 G and compared the two lenses. The G90 could NOT hold its own against such a sharp, modern...
  6. S

A7R & PlayMemories Remote - Awesome!

It's a nice app, but I find it a little slow. I tried to set it up for family photos during the holidays, and I gave up on it for shooting kids. There seems to be a 1-2 sec delay between clicking the shutter in the app and when the camera actually snaps the photo. I was using the Android...
  7. S

The A7/R Adaptor thread

Does anyone know if the Novoflex have any electronic contacts for Nikon G lenses? Also, I am curious to know what owners think about the quality difference between Novoflex and Metabones. I had a Speedbooster from Metabones briefly and was impressed by the quality in general.
  8. S

The A7/R Adaptor thread

Does this have an aperture control ring? It's not clear from Novoflex's website that it has one.
  9. S

[FS] - Hasselblad HCD 28mm F/4

Up for auction. Hasselblad AF HCD 28 mm F 4 0 Lens 7392544230283 | eBay
  10. S

[FS] - Hasselblad HCD 28mm F/4

I have a very clean HCD 28mm for sale. It is the last of my Hassy lens I have not sold. Total actuation - 294. Unfortunately, I do not have the original box or pouch. I am asking $3500. As you can see from the images, there's not even any brassing where the lens hood connects with the lens.
  11. S

Bck again… S2 or P45+?

If you don't mind buying used, someone is selling one has one up for auction on ebay. Leica S2 P 37 5 MP Digital SLR Camera w Summarit s 70mm Lens 4022243108028 | eBay Last I looked, camera and lens w/ some warranty left going for less than 11k.
  12. S

FS - Hasselblad H4D-50 w/ 80mm

Up on ebay. Hasselblad H4D 50 50 0 MP Digital Camera Kit w 80mm Lens 3 Battery Grips | eBay First the camera, then the I'll ebay the wide angles. Looks like high end gear simply do not move very well. I can't believe not even a single inquiry.
  13. S

FS: Hasselblad HC 35

bump.
  14. S

[FS] - Nikon 24-70/2.8, 70-300VR, 85/1.4D

All sold on FM.
  15. S

FS: Hasselblad HC 35

Selling a Hasselblad HC 35/3.5. It has only 2501 actuations. It's very clean. Minor evidence of use. In one of the photos, you should see the brassing where the hood twists onto the lens. This is basically the extent of wear. You can see from one of the image that the lens mount is very...
  16. S

I am open to all reasonable offers.
  17. S

Adding remainder lens and GPS unit. 35/3.5 - 2501 actuations 28/4 - 294 actuations Hasselblad GPS unit (shown, attached to the body in the 3rd image below) I would like to sell it all as a kit. Asking $20,500 for the entire kit. So to repeat, I am offering this entire kit...
  18. S

[FS] - Nikon 24-70/2.8, 70-300VR, 85/1.4D

whoops, sorry about that. I just did copy + paste from my FM ad. 70-300VR - $350 85/1.4D - $810 24-70/2.8 - SOLD on FM
  19. S

Zeiss Touit Lenses

"Humongous" is relative. Compared to DSLR or MF lenses, it is refreshingly small. Compared to m43, it is much larger.
  20. S

I want to float this sale to see if there is any interest. I have a Hasselblad H4D-50 with 80/2.8. The camera was originally an H3D II 50 that was upgraded to an H4D-50. Since the upgrade, very few shots have been made with it. There is a small scruff on the back caused by a bag I had the...