The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

M9 Raw compressed vs uncompressed, any difference?

Just wondering if anybody out there is seeing any difference in the quality of M9 uncompressed versus compressed raw files? Thanks.
  2. R

Visoflex info please

Hi, Looking for information on using the Visoflex III with the M9. Having just learned about this very interesting contraption, I am completely unfamiliar with the Visoflex and while I've done some searches on using one, I can't find very specific information on which pieces I'd need to use it...
  3. R

Canyon de Chelly Guides??

I'll be visiting Canyon de Chelly for a few days later this month and I'd like to do some sight-seeing, touring, and photography. When I search on Google for guides for the park/area, lots of names come up. Anybody out there have a particularly good experience with a guide that you'd recommend...
  4. R

Another Update on the DF Kit

Hi, Just thought I'd send another quick update on the 645DF kit, this time with the 150D that I recently picked up from Jack. So far so very good. Delighted, frankly. As an example, today I took the rig to a whitewater kayak course we have here in town. While it's not exactly like basketball...
  5. R

Diopter for Leica Universal Wide Angle Viewfinder

Hi, I've got the "frankenfinder" for my 16-18-21 and really like it, but I'd like to get a -1.0 diopter, the 14383, for it as the finder doesn't have an adjustable diopter on it. Well, the diopter, the same as was used on the later R series cameras has now been discontinued. Does anyone out...
  6. R

WTB: Leica Diopter 14383 for R

Hi, I'm having trouble finding a -1.0 diopter for my Leica Universal Finder M (yes, the "frankenfinder") that I use with my WATE. It is the Leica 14383. It is the same diopter as is used for the R cameras. Any chance anybody out there has one for sale? Thanks all, Ray
  7. R

Phase 645DF and P40+ Kit Experience Report

I am the owner of a Phase One 645DF, the 80 f2.8 D lens, a 120 f4 D Macro, and a P40+ back. I have the 45 f2.8 D on order. I thought it might be of use to someone out in the getdpi community if I briefly summarized my thoughts and experiences on this kit for the month or so that I’ve now had it...
  8. R

How are you feeling about the Mamiya 45D these days?

Hi, While I'm for my 645DF, 80D, and P40+ to be delivered I'm starting to look at my next lenses for it. I'm confident that I'll be picking up a 120D real soon, it sounds like a real keeper, and I'm also looking at the 45D. In looking at other threads, I see that some of you weren't feeling...
  9. R

503CW, CFV Backs, and PME 45 or PME 90

Hi, I've been following the CFV 39 thread and I'm confused about whether or not the PME 45 or PME 90 fits with a 503CW and CFV back. I want to be able to shoot film and digital and I want the metering function of the PME 45 or 90 for both. Can someone please clarify this for me? Thanks in...
  10. R

Hasselblad 503/203 Questions

Hi, I'm confused about Hasselblads and I'd appreciate some help, please: 1 If a person picks up a used 503CW, does the V-back fit directly on it successfully without any modifications, meaning that it can then be used for digital OR for film. 2 If a person picks up a used 503CWD, can it be ever...
  11. R

FS: Speedotron Monolights

Hello, selling two Speedotron Force Ten Monolights. Both have obviously been used, but are in very good condition. $400 each plus shipping and insurance, shipping to US only. Please PM me if you have any questions about these terrific lights. Thank you.
  12. R

FS: Canon Lenses and Zeiss Lens for Canon

I'm selling a number of terrific lenses to help pay for my recently acquired medium format digital back. Carl Zeiss 21mm f2.8 Distagon with Son Pham adapter. Excellent condition, tack sharp, $2500 plus shipping and insurance Canon TS-E 24mm, excellent condition, $875 plus shipping and insurance...
  13. R

The Look, Feel, Drawing, and Texture of MF Lenses and Backs

Today, Marc posted some mighty fine images in his "CFV...Sheep's Clothing" thread (if you haven't had a chance to look at them, do yourself a favor) Aside from all of the "photograher's variables" including focus, composition, angle, framing, exposure, lighting, etc., that are so excellent in...
  14. R

Phase P25 or P25+?

Yesterday I found on ebay that the recent sales of the P25 have been at prices around 25-30% less than a new P21+ that I was seriously planning on buying. This, of course, has gotten my attention. Refurb P25 units, as recently posted by Lance, are a few thousand dollars less than the newer plus...
  15. R

Optimal Matches between MF lens and MF digital backs?

With the recent buzz on this and other forums related to recent announcements by Hasselblad and Kodak of larger capacity backs and discontinuing of the 9 micron chips in favor of the new 6 micron chips, I'm left wondering about whether or not there is something like a "best" or "most optimal"...
  16. R

Why did you choose your back?

I've now been part of this circle of hell for several weeks. I've read nearly everything that everyone has written on this particular forum in the last many weeks, and I've re-read a few forums from a few weeks ago that I would consider essential reading for anyone interested in getting a medium...
  17. R

Contax 645 and Angle Finder N

Hi, anybody out there who knows whether the Contax "Right Angle Finder N" is compatible with the Contax 645? And, if you've used one, how did you like it? Thank you.
  18. R

Contax 645 rechargeable battery?

Hello, does anybody have a recommendation for a good quality rechargeable battery for the Contax 645? Thank you.
  19. R

Up-rezzing P21+, P25+, and P30+ files

Just giving some thought to what the practical limitations are for up-rezzing these files, particularly the P21+. I've gotten accustomed to great files coming out of my M8 with it's 10+MPs and my 1Ds2 with it's almost 17MPs, and I'm not afraid to go to 30Wx20H prints with a good file from...
  20. R

Phase P21/P21+ Moire?

As I continue to read whatever I can find on real world use of the Phase P21 and P21+, it looks like I will ultimately choose one of these units for my Contax 645. I am also finding that some writers out there note that these units have problems with moire. For those of you who have used these...