The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. ecliffordsmith

Help/Advice

Hi All, A friend of mine has a canon 400D (rebel xt ???) and it has just packed up. He is off on holiday tomorrow so I am going to try and get it fixed while he is away. He had just finished uploading files from his camera to his PC and thinks he may have switched the camera off a little to...
  2. ecliffordsmith

Beyond Close Focus Accuracy

Hi All, I hope all is well. I have been off with a big work project of late so took advantage of the time I would be unable to take many pictures to do two things. 1) Send in my M8 35 Summicron ASPH for calibration. 2) Get myself a D-Lux 4. Well, on the first point I can only have praise...
  3. ecliffordsmith

Front/Back Focus

Hi All, Do you know if a front or back focus issue should be consistent throughout the entire focus range? By this is mean can a lens be bang on at 0.7 and not at 3m for example? My eyes are far from perfect and hence I wear glasses and I have noticed that at about 3m, consistent across...
  4. ecliffordsmith

Sorry, but I couldn't resist!

Hi All, Once again my apologies ...
  5. ecliffordsmith

Misty Black & Whites

Hi All, There was an unusual amount of mist from the river this morning that made the city seem very quiet and lonely. Here are a few shots. Your opinions are always welcome. All shots were taken with a 35 summicron ASPH and M8.
  6. ecliffordsmith

M8 Aperture Estimate Accuracy

Hi All, Since upgrading to C1 4.1 I have been monitoring the value that the camera writes for the shot aperture. I read that the very early firmware used in review cameras displayed this in the playback info but Leica chose to disable it as the accuracy was not good enough. I have been using...
  7. ecliffordsmith

Lens Help

Hi All, A friend bought a Canon 400D earlier this year and got two kit zooms in the package. These are quite slow and his birthday is fast approaching and a group of us were considering clubbing together and getting him a prime lens, perhaps a 35 or 50. I do not own or know about any Canon...
  8. ecliffordsmith

Coder Kit ???

Hi All, Perhaps I have been on my own planet a little longer than usual of late but I just stumbled across this. http://robertwhite.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=2013&PT_ID=411&P=Coder-Kit Does this work? Is this old news? Sounds pretty handy to me, and non destructive!
  9. ecliffordsmith

Old conversions

Hi All, I was performing a long overdue sort through of my images and came across these old images that I had converted to B&W. I am not really sure whether I have gone too far with some of them, certainly they have been pushed about a bit, but I still quite like them. Any thoughts? All were...
  10. ecliffordsmith

75 Cron Performance

Hi All, I am recently back from a holiday and as I was going through my shots I was, once again stunned by the detail this lens picks up. I have had it for approaching a year now and it still surprises me. Never fails to bring a smile to my face.
  11. ecliffordsmith

Leica Customer Service

Hi All, I recently had a problem with M8. From one day to the next with no known incidents between them the LEDs in the viewfinder stopped working. Of the 3 lenses I have (CV15, 35/2 ASPH, 75/2 ASPH) the 35 is used about 85 percent of the time but it was off focus at infinity. In fact any...
  12. ecliffordsmith

Hello

Hi All, I have just this weekend signed up to this forum after visiting a few times in the past weeks and have been refreshingly impressed with the posts and threads that people are contributing. About a month ago my M8 had to go back to Solms for repair (the LEDs in the viewfinder stopped...