The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Actuations and Hasselblad H Lenses

My 80mm has much more than 25000. On the other hand, my best lens 35-90mm quit working at only 900 actuations, not the shutter but the AF, just by carrying in my camera bag. My dealer recommended against buying this lens as well as the 50-110 lens, saying that the AF mechanism is weak, and...
  2. S

Natures perfect killer and the NEX 7

Great photos. Thanks for sharing.
  3. S

Canon 5D Mark III announced, your thoughts

Although coming from the manual focus era, my eyes are no longer able to cope with MF on 24 MP DSLR resolution. On the other hand I like using MF lenses all the time. For that reason, I started using the NEX cameras with adaptors, because the NEX has a very nice color peak system in yellow (in...
  4. S

NEX 7 & "Stacked" adapters?

These usually have minus tolerances.
  5. S

NEX Firmware Updates

Another happy customer with the focus peaking and with the new firmware in general. I tried the focus peaking today for the first time. Even on a sunny day, it works great. I used Contax G2 lenses, and mostly the 35mm. Yellow was my preference. The focusing accuracy and percentage highly...
  6. S

Physical shutter of Sony NEX?

That would mean that the camera shakes more than an M8. That's what I had found out the hard way when trying hand held night/street photos with NEX+Leica lenses.
  7. S

D7000 a second opinion.

Don't you think that the D7000 is overpriced?
  8. S

I just read your PM. No, I'm not related to Commander AA. Seyhun

I just read your PM. No, I'm not related to Commander AA. Seyhun
  9. S

What film does this use?

It looks thinner than 120 reel. More like a 620 film reel.
  10. S

Contax G to NEX adapter at Amazon

I have this adaptor. It works fine.
  11. S

NEX firmware 03

Smart reply, which does not answer the question, which is; Are the in-camera JPG's getting better? As we know, the JPG's produced in the camera depend completely on the suppliers preferences written in the firmware. Seyhun
  12. S

Do NOT use Sony Style for new purchases!

Sorry to hear the long story. Why can't you ask for the money instead? It will be a long wait.
  13. S

NEX firmware 03

Did the camera JPG's got better with the new firmware upgrade?
  14. S

Best Friends

LJ, I managed the first step of the procedure. That is Liveview. 10X with Liveview is much better than the OVF. I think the loupe may be helpful under bright light. Is that so? Now the real big problem: I shoot historical ruins, like Hellenistic temple ruins, Roman temples, Church and mosque...
  15. S

Manual focus without tripod

I couldn't fit any of my Leica VF's to NEX-3. It would have been nice to have a flash connection. But I can use MF very nicely. Actually it doesn't take more time to focus with NEX, than it takes me with M8 for example. That's good enough. Manual focus takes time. BTW, welcome to turtleinsea...
  16. S

SONY NEX priorities

Thanks. Now everything is fine. I made a few test shots today, using Zeiss 50/1.4 lens for Nikon. "I think" the camera JPG's improved as well, if it's not only attributable to the lens. The JPG's were very soft in the past, wheres photos today were quite different. I'm posting a few...
  17. S

SONY NEX priorities

Button assigning: Is there exposure compensation possibility that can be assigned? ISO, WB are fine. But for photographers, one of the most important adjustments is the exposure compensation. With NEX, you either have to go the usual menus, or select manual exposure. It's at least more...
  18. S

SONY NEX priorities

+1 +1 +1 +
  19. S

Contax G to NEX adapter

These are just fine for me. But looking closely, is there more on the right corners? If so, can it be from the uneven adapter machining? Can you pls check on the original large files. If its equal on both sides, I can still live with it. And F8 is perfect. As you have commented above, I agree...
  20. S

NEX firmware 03

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1010/10101104sonyfirmwareimpressions.asp