The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

NEX firmware 03

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1010/10101104sonyfirmwareimpressions.asp
  2. S

Summicron 35mm on NEX-3

I'm quite happy to see that this lens gives very sharp photos, from corner to corner. No vignetting even wide open (using the sweet spot of the lens), and "almost" no CA. PLUS a Leica look. F2 F5.6 My Fotodiox adapter is fine, except that it has been machined thinner than required, which...
  3. S

Contax G to NEX adapter

Is there any adapter yet? I was happy with Contax G lenses on GF-1. It should be fine also on the NEX.
  4. S

NEX-3 with 18-55mm

I'm new to Sony cameras. My experience is more with Nikon, Canon, M8, GF1 and MF cameras. Recently, I was so thrilled with the specifications of NEX cameras, that I bought the NEX-3 immediately with both kit lenses. I gave away my GF1, and replaced with the NEX-3. I would like to share a few...
  5. S

NEX-3 with Leica Tri-Elmar at 3200 ISO

My grandchildren are staying with us for a few days. A great oppurtunity to try the NEX-3 at home with Leica lenses. The blur protection mode at 3200 ISO resulted in this photo. I couldn't have tried it with the M8.
  6. S

Distortion correction of Canon S90

Here are 3 photos. 1. RAW processed with C1 V5.1, which does not correct the distortion based on the available EXIF data. Therefore this is the actual RAW photo. This type of distortion takes a long time to correct in PS, 2. JPG from in-camera conversion. Note that most of the unique...
  7. S

Is there any reason to be excited about the G2?

dpreview.com has published a preview. They have compared the G2 with G1, where G2 shines. But the real comparison should have been made with the GH1. Apart from touch sensitive LCD, and the new Venus Engine HD II processor, there seems to be not much differences to justify an upgrade from...
  8. S

Disappointed with the S90

The specifications of this camera is great. Especially the WA F2.0 setting for street photographs. However, in the actual use, the 28mm gives a very strange distortion. The resolution is also very low at F2.0 at any point except the center. You have to be very careful when using this setting. I...
  9. S

About the 7-14mm lenses

I have read excellent comments about the Oly version. I think that is not Micro 4/3, but the normal 4/3. Can someone clarify that for me. In amazon.com, I have seen a Panasonic version, which is M4/3, and about 400 USD cheaper. But it seems to be a new lens and not in stock yet. Has anyone...
  10. S

Poor man's Nocti (GF1)

As a hobbyist, I tried the Nikkor 50/1.2 MF lens on the GF1. Results are very promising from F1.4 and on. With the smallest light source, using GF1's ability to go up to 800 ISO without much problems, I think I may use this setup for street photography as well. It works like a 100mm lens...
  11. S

Phocus for PC Ver. 1.0 is available

I just tried it. It's stable on my computer (Vista OS). I haven't seen any of the problems that was known in the last beta version. Seyhun
  12. S

CF adaptor and H1.7X with H3DII-31

Can these be used together on H3DII-31? I have the CF adaptor and a 180mm/4 Zeiss lens. I intend to buy the H1.7X if the setup works. Best regards Seyhun
  13. S

What is the max. capacity CF card that can be used in H3DII-31

I have not been able to locate any information in the user manual or in the forum, can you please advise the largest size of CF card that can be used with this camera. I had to use my existing 16GB cards (Transcend 16 GB 133X) and the camera asked to format, and eventually I ended up with 8 GB...
  14. S

H3DII-31 firmware question

Is firmware 245 the latest one? (I can't check by connecting the computer with Flexcolor, because of travelling) If it's not the latest one, I intend to find a Mac and do the upgrade. ) Bets regards, Seyhun
  15. S

Flexcolor H3DII-31 EXIF data

The camera arrived. First thing was a quick walk to the nearby park, to take photos of things that I have been photographing for years with all sorts of new equipment. First impression is great. I had never been able to capture the colors so well. The film like apparance was there, and results...
  16. S

Ricoh GRDII and Capture One

If you have a lot of different brand cameras and use RAW, you would like to have a single RAW processor, like the excellent Capture One to do all the job. For this reason most prople prefer LR or CS3 etc., while I prefer the Capture One to all of these, including Canon's and Nikon's (Capture...
  17. S

H3DII-31- and Phase One P30+ DB information

Hasselblad.com has no information about the 31 DB in their website. Is this a special product to slowdown the Phase One with P30+ with the very similar product which has no backup in the official product list or what? Thanks to GetDPI, that the information is being available from users or...
  18. S

Phase One, P30 question

Would this fit a Mamiya 645 AFD or AFDII? There's so little in their websites. Thanks in advance. Seyhun Also, what is the opinion regarding the Mamiya ZD back? Since Mamiya entered this venture with back manufacturers, I assumed that ZD back was not the choice. I would appreciate to know...
  19. S

DP-1 Trial

Shots from our SLRdigital Group-Istanbul meeting. DP-1 proved to be a very nice alternative to the GRII, which was very popular among the group members:
  20. S

How much to pay for the 90+40mm Leica CL lens

The lens are well used, but seem to be all right, except that the hood for 40mm is damaged slightly. I intend to use these with M8 (despite many official/unofficial comments in the past). Package also includes the CL, but that's only for my collection, because I don't intend to use it at...