The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. L

The most amazing thing happened today...

I was at a photo event with both a Sony and Canon photo tent with gear for loan. The Sony tent was very busy and had lots of various gear for use. The canon tent, not so much. I was truly taken aback. Is the tide turning? & FWIW, I got to handle a very nice A7R and the brand new 70-200 f/4...
  2. L

The A900 still has it....

The family drug the Airstream to Bryce Canyon for the 4th, to escape the heat. Spent several days there. I'm still in awe of what turned out to be an epic sunrise one morning.... Hope ya'll enjoy. Focal Length 16 mm Shutter Speed 1 sec Aperture f/22 ISO 160
  3. L

Heck yes!!!

New family of lenses for mirrorless system cameras | Camera Lens Blog 12mm Zeiss prime for Sony E-mount? Umm, YES!!!!!!
  4. L

A77 Question...

So I'm now seriously thinking about getting one. Not to use for myself, but to sit on and sell come early December. With the flooding in Thailand, a few places still have them, but they are selling out FAST. When they are gone, it looks like they will be unavailable until Mid-Jan. I think I...
  5. L

Arches Aurora

Known for it's famous Red Rocks, Arches can present other colors too. Turret Arch shot under a full moon on an overcast night. LandShape Photography | Arches Aurora Exposure 259 seconds Aperture F/11 ISO 800 Focal Length 16mm
  6. L

Nikon V1 DXOMark score vs NEX....

It should come as no surprise to anyone, the NEX wins handily. What jumped out at me is the HUGE iso advantage from the NEX-3c. They haven't tested the newer NEX-5N yet. Since there was a significant improvement in the image quality from the 5 to the 5n, I expect the 5n to further outpace the 1...
  7. L

Sony UK's Live Webchat (archived)

For those of you that missed it, it was a great Q&A about the new stuff. Very informative... The meat of the issue start around 26:00 mins... http://livestre.am/WSxJ
  8. L

NEX IR trigger question.

Hi everyone, I have a "strange" request. I'm wondering if anyone makes a remote IR trigger for a nex. Specifically a trigger that will fire the NEX when something breaks the IR beam (something like a "game camera"). My parents have been having trouble with someone vandalizing their...
  9. L

One thing I like about GetDPI....

is that there are more posts in the Sony forum than Cannon and Nikon! :D That is all.... L
  10. L

Looking for Sydney, AU locations?

Will be there over the Holidays (Fairlight/Manley areas). I'll most likely won't have a lot of time to shoot, but would like to get out to north head. *I've also shot the opera house from the botanical gardens before too. *I'll have limited access to a car, but will most likely be getting around...
  11. L

A900 soft reset/reboot?

I need to reset my camera. Not the reset settings in the menu. The other one. I've done it before, but I can't remember how. Help? L
  12. L

Hi, I'm new. A few pics..

Hi everyone. New here (duh). Been looking around and so far impressed with the level of talent in this place. Just thought I'd put up a tread to introduce myself. Sony Shooter (A900) and found this place via google. Looks like a relatively high density of sony shooters vs the real world...