The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

F/S Mamiya 7+80mm+65mm-$2400

...sold
  2. R

F/S Mamiya 7+80mm+65mm-$2400

For Auction Mamiya 7 with 80mm and 65mm lenses, hoods for both. I have no original boxes, but i have instructions and cap for rear of 65mm but no body cap or rear cap for 80mm. Body was used to me, I got it as a second body from Adorama in I think 2003. Both lenses were new to me purchased in...
  3. R

Why non Team Phase One users should avoid Capture One…

I've always felt that it was short sighted for Phase to not support other cameras in C1. I use both C1 and Lr equally. Lr has the digital asset management, book creation and print support I used regularly, C1 is the best tethered solution out there. So I don't see it as an either or. I can shoot...
  4. R

Hasselblad X1D

It makes me think that the whole full frame mirrorless sony thing is a bit of a waste now- its not saving any size over ff 35mm optical viewfinder cameras- which I understood was part of the draw initially- those small bodies? But a ff 24-70 f2.8 is a pineapple regardless so the size argument...
  5. R

Hasselblad X1D

The autofocus sometimes worked and sometimes didn't It was clearly a work in progress. I would not judge anything by it. I am not that familiar with EVFs so I don't know what the standard really is. The sony A7R 24mp is pretty snappy- it might not be that snappy but it would depend on the lens...
  6. R

Hasselblad X1D

Managed to get ahold of one today at Fotocare's demo day. Obviously demo software, so it is just a teaser. The size, weight and balance and feeling are all first rate. The build quality on the body is excellent. Touch screen is snappy even in demo, pinch to zoom, double tap to 100%, lots of...
  7. R

Hasselblad X1D

Can you imagine a pancake lens for this? Interesting that they didn't have a normal lens in the lineup on release. When I bought my 503 back in the day I bought a 60 and a 120 at the same time. I guess they had me in mind:) If I can wrap my head around an evf finally this might be my medium...
  8. R

profot soft boxes, grr!

I have the octa and they are tough. I've found that I have to remove all the baffles and front silk completely, undo any velcro around the neck, this allows for flex in the shape of the box which gives enough room to undo the rods. Also do opposing sides and brace the opposite side against a...
  9. R

How much to charge for a job with full rights transfer?

sounds like you are going to have fun too:) the best kind of job. I also figure in "friends and family" for clients that I have long relationships with. I think that is not undercutting as much as respecting a good relationship. They are few and far between. When you have good people to work...
  10. R

I'm not clear here_I meant it would not make sense to bill a creative fee that was 10 times your consultant fee for work you consider a hobby. That would be strange. However, the usage is the usage, and you should not accept less that what the value of the usage is.
  11. R

In addition to above; Generally there are two components to price, creative fee and usage and then expenses. I guess you have to take in to account what you are already billing them as a consultant- that might be hourly or per project. Not that that is paying for the photography but there has...
  12. R

How To NOT Get Eyeglass Reflection

generally getting the lights higher and the chin's pointed down a tad will work but if people have really strong prescriptions with lots of curvature sometimes nothing helps. In groups it is tough and you end up doing some post head swapping in photoshop. polarization is not a great route- you...
  13. R

Any Audiophiles around?

I've been paying for the CD quality Tidal tier and like it a lot. I compared Apple Music with Tidal and you can hear the difference between the different quality streams, mostly in the size and depth of the sound image. Where the difference comes in also is in the provenance of the original...
  14. R

Any Audiophiles around?

The Almarro is definitely a dark horse in affordable SET amps, I heard one and then found one used here in Brooklyn. It really had that magic that we are all looking for, and it plays well with the efficient Zu's. I could see it being a lifelong partnership. I think it just gets better with...
  15. R

Any Audiophiles around?

Obviously a huge crossover between photographers and audiophiles...my dad had a classic 60's setup, EICO ST-70 tube integrated, AR-2A's, he built the EICO and the Heathkit tuner himself. Later a Sansui G6700 Receiver that I still have. Unfortunately the Sansui sounds pretty flat, age has not...
  16. R

I would avoid Lightroom 6.2 and the October CC Lr update

https://fstoppers.com/lightroom/adobe-issue-another-update-lightroom-bring-back-features-92699?utm_source=FS_RSS&utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=Main_RSS I guess after many many of their existing users "literally pushed away from the desk in frustration" they figured out their priorities.....the...
  17. R

here's a blog entry https://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2015/10/update-on-lightroom-2015-2-lightroom-6-2-release.html seems it was motivated by observing people who had never used lightroom before. Basically, throwing existing users under the bus. They said they observed new users...
  18. R

around the internets, and I downloaded it myself, uninstalled it immediately, the import dialogue has been horribly mangled and iPhoto-ified. couldn't make heads or tails of any of it. have to wonder where adobes head is at.
  19. R

Apply Keyword(s) to multiple images in Capture One

i just meant that keywords do not survive between sessions. Each session begins without any keywords. That is why you would need a catalog workflow. Of course Lr is catalog only so the keywords persist. I'm not saying it is better. I agree the drag and drop method works in both types. I was...