The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

Sony A7 & A7R Field Test Video

Hey guys, I've shot this field test with the just-announced A7 &A7R cameras. Sony A7 & A7R Hands-On Field Test - YouTube Here's my blog post as well: https://www.thecamerastore.com/blog/2013/10/15/sony-a7-a7r-hands-field-test I've spent a lot of time with these cameras, and I'd love to hear...
  2. T

Fiilex LEDs for Studio Photography

I thought some members might find this video interesting: Fiilex LEDs For Portrait Photography (With Rob Caleffi) - YouTube I'm pretty accustomed to just using LEDs for motion work, but after shooting this video with Rob Caleffi, I might try them for stills too.
  3. T

TCSTV RX1 Test

Here's the video I just shot, pitting the RX1 against the common house cat! Sony RX1 Hands-On Test (With Cats!) - YouTube
  4. T

GH3 Field Test

Panasonic GH3 Hands-On Field Test - YouTube What do you guys think?
  5. T

D600 Field Test Video

D600 Hands-On Field Test - YouTube Your thoughts?
  6. T

Sony A99 Field Test Video

Hey guys, Here's my field test video for the A99. I also take a quick look at the VG900 camcorder (which will work as a 24MP full frame mirrorless still camera as well). Sony A99 Field Test with NEX-VG900 Field Test - YouTube
  7. T

Leica Monochrom Field Test

Here's a video showing street photography at night with the Leica Monochrom. I shot and edited the video and would love your feedback and questions! Leica Monochrom Hands-On Field Test - YouTube
  8. T

Photographic Summer Games Video - Funny

I thought you guys might find this amusing. Let me know what you think: The 2012 World Photo Games - YouTube
  9. T

D800 vs. Medium Format Video

Hey everyone, This is my latest video, where we compare the D800 to a Hasselblad H4D-40. We went out with Dale Roth and Michelle Ramberg, the brilliant photographers of Roth and Ramberg (Michele Ramberg) I'd love to hear your thoughts, and bear in mind that YouTube compression can make some...
  10. T

D800 vs 5D Mark III Portrait Shootout Video

Hey all, I just finished shooting and cutting this video comparing the two big camera os the moment. The photos were shot by Nathan Elson, a fantastic portrait shooter. It's really in depth, especially when analyzing the image quality, so I thought it would be good conversation piece for this...
  11. T

D4 Low Light Field Test

Hey guys, I thought you might want to check out this D4 field test I shot. We shot action after dark without strobes. The video shows the AF ability in low light, buffer with XQD cards, and high ISO performance. Nikon D4 Low Light Field Test - YouTube Let me know what you think! Jordan Drake
  12. T

Panasonic G3 vs. Nikon V1 Shootout

Hey all, Here's a comparison between the Nikon V1 and Panasonic G3 I recently shot. This forum has always had some great feedback on my videos, so please hit me with any questions or comments. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MudtMJQUeUM
  13. T

NEX-7 Impressions

Hey all, I had a chance to shoot with a pre-production NEX-7 yesterday. I haven't been a huge fan of the NEX cameras until now, but this is a huge upgrade. The triple control wheels (shutter, aperture, ISO) make perfect sense in a digital camera, and the viewfinder is brilliant. I'm going to...
  14. T

Ridiculous SD Card Torture Test

Memory cards are of course one of the most important pieces of gear you can own. If they fail, you lose everything, so in order to find out which ones can stand up to abuse and rugged conditions we torture tested three leaders in high end cards. We hope you enjoy it...
  15. T

Photographer's War Video

Hey all, I just finished editing this video, and I think my fellow photographers will find it pretty amusing. Battle At F-Stop Ridge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awq90APEVgw -Jordan
  16. T

Shooting Snowboarding with Pentax 645D

Hey all, Thought I would share this video I shot. Ryan HK went out to shoot the advertising images for Canada Olympic Park with a Pentax 645D, and we filmed his lighting technique and shooting process. We also caught his mistreatment of photo assistants on film...
  17. T

D7000 Aperture Control

Hey all, I just shot a short film with a couple of D7000s, and found an irritating hiccup. When in Live View or Movie mode, with manual movie exposure enabled, and in Manual exposure, shutter speed and ISO can be selected but not Aperture. I have to flip the mirror down to change aperture...