The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Joan

Fun with the Fuji X20

I've been seriously considering the X20, glad to see you are liking it so far.
  2. Joan

FS-Leica V-Lux 20 -- Perfect partner

Payment sent. :-)
  3. Joan

A medium format and tech camera newbie gets started (P40+ and Rm3D)

Wow, Terry, you have gone over the edge! :D When I got your email and came here to read the thread, I had to go to Google first just to see what the heck a Rm3d was, lol! Amazing looking camera, congratulations!! Hope you have a lot of fun with it!
  4. Joan

LX5 full spec sheet leaked....

Looks lovely, but I can't let myself think about this ... sticking with my GXR, and no more camera purchases for at least a year!! (Hold me to this, please!) :)
  5. Joan

Ricoh GXR P10 28mm-300mm . . . . Images

Sorry, Keith, I am a no show. Feeling guilty that I still haven't gotten out to shoot anything interesting with my P10 yet. :( Going on a mini vacation soon, maybe I'll come home with something worth sharing, fingers crossed! Love the camera, though. Oh, BTW, there's a new firmware: v. 1.18...
  6. Joan

Cat and Bee

Alfie looks like a wonderful kitty, love him!
  7. Joan

Ah, thanks for that, Keith, I hadn't read it. The Topaz results are clearly way better, wow!! Will put that on my list of software needs for sure.
  8. Joan

New prices for GXR kits

I'd like the A12 module, but think I will wait to see about the 28mm first ... isn't that supposed to come out by September?
  9. Joan

lightning weather

Zowie! Those skies are spectacular, Wayne!
  10. Joan

Lots of nice detail there, Keith! Curious, you like the Topaz Denoise better than what can be achieved in in LR3?
  11. Joan

FS: 24" iMac

My "white" iMac 24" (will have to check the exact model #) with non-glare screen (fabulous for photos!), purchased new October of 2008, must go. It is in exceptionally nice condition, comes with everything originally supplied EXCEPT the Mac mouse - will instead come with a nice Logitech cordless...
  12. Joan

Whats your "Go To" Camera? In any sensor size that is...

Hi Osman, thanks. Yes, we all must learn the rudiments of using our tools first and then hopefully go on to make them work to comunicate our own vision. It took me a very long time to tame my brushes and pigments so that I could make watercolors work for me rather than fighting with them, so I...
  13. Joan

Hi Keith, just got this camera, too, and am very happy so far. I think the raw files have a very pleasing "grain" and am not at all bothered by the noise. I'm using the ACDSeePro trial version to process for the moment, am going to download Lightroom 3 next to see if I like it any better. The...
  14. Joan

Thanks, Lily! :-) I think that my schizophrenic buying and selling of cameras over the last couple of years has probably equally impeded and helped my growth as a photographer. I've learned quite a bit about how digital cameras work, and a fair amount about processing, but I don't know if I have...
  15. Joan

Wow, this thread has been going for a long time! And I've been away from getDPI for a long time, too. Hoping to have more time for photography soon, and my "go to" camera is now going to be my ONLY camera for the foreseeable future. I got rid of every other camera I own over the last six months...
  16. Joan

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras.... Love the panos, Terry. That little camera looks like great fun and a super back-up to your A900.
  17. Joan

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras.... Congrats on your new NEX 5 Terry! Wonderful shots of the Pride event, so fabulously colorful. I honestly couldn't guess which camera without reading the EXIF, those from the little camera are every bit as as compelling as the A900's. Great stuff!
  18. Joan

Salton Sea Workshop IR images

LOL Nice digs, Terry! Can't wait to see what you all will do with your IR cameras. I haven't been out shooting in ages, just selling off gear. :( Maybe I'll finally get to try out my 'new' (thanks again, Bob!) D-Lux 4 this afternoon. Very cool stuff, Guy. Bring 'em on, everyone, I need some...
  19. Joan

Small Sensor Cameras Mint with boxes

Bob, I will buy the D-Lux 4! Sending you a PM...
  20. Joan

Found: Panasonic G Vario HD 14-140mm

Re: WTB: Panasonic G Vario HD 14-140mm Vince, Did you get my PM?