The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

Adapting Sony A7rII to Canon T/S 90mm F2.8 question

The Metabones or Sigma MC11 are 2 possible. I use both on various lenses, but the Metabones on my 17 and 24mm TSE with the A7R2. I've not used my 90mm TSE for a long time but would happily use it with either.
  2. M

Adapter for Nikon shift lenses on a7rii yet?

The PC lenses have electronic aperture control so although not AF you'll need the AF adapter from Commlite or Vello Why Nikon AF Smart Adapters for Sony E-mount Took So Long He talks about T/S lenses specifically nearly 1/2 way down "[UPDATE: 6/8/16 I can confirm that PC-E lens Aperture...
  3. M

Peculiar vignetting problem with SONY A7RII and native Zeiss Lenses

Thanks for the update. I'd be interested if you have time to see what happens at some "typical" shutter speeds in daylight. To be honest I think I might have seen a colour cast like this using a 24mm Batis. Daylight and short exposures, no ND filter. I wouldn't have noticed the vignetting...
  4. M

Peculiar vignetting problem with SONY A7RII and native Zeiss Lenses

Any update from Sony yet? You could try a pretty simple test to see if it's a firmware bug that's baking in a bad profile/vignetting to the raw by breaking the connection to the camera so that the A7RII body doesn't know the lens (and hence can't identify a profile). You could do this one of 2...
  5. M

Older metabones EF to E with A7rII issue

I returned a MkIII to MB but had them switch it for a MkIV T (at added cost of course). Well worth it as I can now update the FW myself.
  6. M

Interested in starting Astrophotography

James, it would be worthwhile adding what the final intent of the images is going to be; ie web, print, large print. In any case one of the A7 series bodies will do fine, go for the A7R2 if you want to print large, and given you have an MF system I suspect that is the case. The UWA 2.8...
  7. M

Big Hasselblad anouncement on the 22nd.

A new chip is hellishly expensive to design and make. Even minor tweaks to an existing design needs a large # of engineering man-hours, and a full set of reticles is in the $millions. A 33x33 would make no sense given the Sony 33x44 is out there. Much more sensible to create a very good...
  8. M

Big Hasselblad anouncement on the 22nd.

Here's mine ... I know we've all seen these comments before but I thought it useful (perhaps just for me :) ) to put them together. "in the case of one wholly new model in particular, photography fans will be over the moon" Jonathan Margolis "still has plans to open up its professional...
  9. M

Useless (or very inferior at least) focus magnifier on A7R2

Silent shooting and bulb also drop you down to 12 bit on A7xII bodies RAW images recorded with this camera have a resolution of 14 bits per pixel. However, resolution is limited to 12 bits in the following shooting modes: [Long Exposure NR] [BULB] Continuous shooting (including continuous...
  10. M

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

Re: The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread Skunk cabbage !
  11. M

Sony E to Nikon Autofocus adapter

That's how I still take mine .... :D
  12. M

Sony E to Nikon Autofocus adapter

Dave, check the Sony Help guide. Section or page 87 tells you how to turn it on http://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/1520/v1/en/print.pdf Phase Detect. Area Sets whether or not to display the Phase Detection AF area. 1. MENU → (Custom Settings) → [Phase Detect. Area] → desired setting. Menu item...
  13. M

Contax 645 Shift adapter..

+1 ... same experience here trying to use it with a Nex body
  14. M

Question about 4K codec Sony A6300

I dont know much about video, but this is from the help guide ... http://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/1540/v1/en/index.html http://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/1540/v1/en/contents/TP0000824623.html Movie recording formats The following movie recording formats are available with this camera. What is XAVC...
  15. M

What Windows machine or Surface Tablet works best...

I use a tablet (android) to wirelessly fire my A7r2. I'm not sure you can control it from a PC, just download images (which I've not tried). The help guide is worth checking but I don't see a wireless option. I think Capture 1 may have tethered control ... Help Guide | Top As far as "good"...
  16. M

Venus Optics 12mm full frame lens

They released a 15mm macro with shift a while ago. There's a thread on FM but no user images yet. Interesting images through the link though... http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1372179/0 The 12mm will be interesting to compare to the (slower) VC when it arrives...
  17. M

New 55 PN film

Thanks Carl. One of the reasons I decided to try the New55 was to get my 4x5 out again. I have 3 left over boxes of TMAX100 Readyoad and a few months ago bought another 4 boxes. The plan is to develop (pun intended) a project to use it on over a few months, likely next year. I spotted the...
  18. M

New 55 PN film

PS ... 1st time I've shot film and my 4x5 for over 10 years, and a good bit longer using Type 55 ... I felt like a complete clutz :D
  19. M

New 55 PN film

I signed up for the workshop they had this Saturday (Feb 6th). This is a modified repost of an entry on FM. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1407586/0#13407991 ...... I attended the workshop on Feb 6th. It was a great deal of fun and I was pretty happy with a couple of the images I got...
  20. M

Cool processing tank for 4 x 5

Looks like they are going to an inversion design (video for update #7) "...too sensitive to operator technique ...inconsistent results mainly with b&w films ..." https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1653453089/sp-445-compact-4x5-film-processing-system/posts/1463260