The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. B

FS: 56 MPxl Leaf AFi-II 10 Kit (Rollei Hy6)

Kit + AFD 50mm, 55mm PCS, AFD 180mm and ET-9 extension tube are sold. I will post a new sale for the remaining gear: 90-degree finder (Rolleiflex marque), auto-bellows and Apo-Tele-Tessar 300mm f/4 shortly. Thank you for your interest!
  2. B

Price reduced to $15K USD (net to me).
  3. B

Bump for large price reduction ($3000 USD) to $16K USD net to me.
  4. B

A/S M2, Rodenstock Sironar Digital + AFi-II 10 = Holy #@?!

Slurm, I've been shooting MFD for 7 years now, and you're right--I've not seen anything like these results--the freedom from artifacts and overall quality is incredible! I've recently returned to Seattle, so I'll look for an image of a colorful scene for you. As for DoF, I do tend to use it...
  5. B

Arca-Swiss M-Line Two Tilt Scales?

Well, it turns out I'm not crazy. The swing detents are indeed at 7.5° increments, not 2.5° or 5° (source: the camera's swing scales). Tilt is unmarked, so I've no idea if it's the same. I'll try reaching out to A/S as well.
  6. B

I was just looking at the scale on the camera. But I'll take another look at the swing scale (maybe I missed the first detent or something). Whatever it turns out to be, you think they (swing detents and tilt detents) are the same?
  7. B

Turns out the swing detents are 7.5º increments, Gareth--I assume the tilts will be the same... That's a pretty big jump between detents, so accurately dialling in, say 2º is pretty tough. If there's nothing on the camera, I may be able to rig up a custom solution. Thanks,
  8. B

Thanks, Gareth. That helps. I'll guesstimate intermediate angles for now with that info.
  9. B

The Arca-Swiss M-Line Two has scales for swing, shift, rise and fall. But I don't see any scales for tilt. Am I missing something? If not, any suggestions on how I might accurately dial in, say, 3º of tilt? Many thanks,
  10. B

Corrupted files

Very strange, given the likely suspects you've ruled out. Try your workflow on a different computer. Perhaps memory is the culprit.
  11. B

Hi, Ced, We're on the main island today with a good connection. I have posted the other raw file for you here. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the image quality, once you've had a chance to take a look! All the best,
  12. B

Hey, everyone, thank you. I hope that maybe my experiences may help someone contemplating the jump from small format to medium format, for as I'm sure most of you know, sadly, most folks return to small format after a year or so. Perhaps a tech or view camera is an option for some folks that...
  13. B

What I'm seeing from my new Arca-Swiss M-Line Two and Rodenstock Sironar Digital lenses on my AFi-II 10 digital back is nothing short of astonishing. I am new to the world of view cameras, and am spending the first several weeks getting control of my tilts and swings. Jack, thank you for your...
  14. B

WTB: Rodenstock HR-Digaron + Apo-Sironar Digital

Hi, I'm looking for pristine condition copies of the following: Rodenstock HR-Digaron W 32mm f/4 in Copal 0 or Copal 0 + A/S 110mm lensboard OR Rodenstock HR-Digaron W 40mm f/4 in Copal 0 or Copal 0 + A/S 110mm lensboard AND Rodenstock Apo-Sironar Digital 180mm f/5.6 in Copal 1 or Copal 1 + A/S...
  15. B

Hasselblad Falls into the Sea

Ugh--heartbreaking to see that! In the sea, an electronic camera (which his wasn't) would be gonzo pretty quickly. But if it does happen to you, remove all power sources immediately, and thereafter immerse in fresh water. Ideally running fresh water to move all the salt out of the system...
  16. B

I've had some genuine interest, but no sale as of yet. I'm reducing the price by $1000 to help close the deal. *price reduced $1000* to $18K USD Let me know if you have any questions. I can be reached by PM or directly at [email protected]. Kind regards, Brad
  17. B

I'm probably going to regret this, but with a young family and just having launched a business, my MF gear isn't seeing enough use to justify my keeping it. THE EQUIPMENT For sale is the fantastic Hy6/AFi medium format kit -- includes the AFi camera, AFD 80mm f/2.8mm lens, and Leaf AFi-II 10 56...
  18. B

Hasselblad V alternatives for digital

You are quite right--I stand corrected.
  19. B

Hasselblad V alternatives for digital

You are probably already aware of this, but there are digital backs available for your V-series camera. Newer backs are over your budget, but if you look for older backs, you may find some that fit the bill. If you want to look at a different camera system, I'd highly recommend the Contax...