The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. C

Sony (EU) price hikes

For those of you, who are interested in the RX1R II (I'm not), the displayed price (as of today) is 2.9999,- € (for German customers 2.949,43 €, due to lower BTW). Anyway, thanks to "pegelli" for pointing this out!
  2. C

Street (images)

David: Outstanding street photography! Great content, timing, composition and B&W conversion. That picture on its own just worth the journey!
  3. C

Fun with the Nikon Df

No bad choice either. The 35mm f/1.4G is one of my four all time favorite Nikkors ... :)
  4. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Steve: Great set once again. Particularly like #1, #3, #5, #6 and #7 for content and composition plus, of course, beautiful B&W treatment as usual. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration!
  5. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Steve: Two outstanding sets of street portraits as usual. Particularly like ............ all of them! Also great B&W conversions anyway. And, as you know, we both share cynophelia. Nice to see you here after quite a while, take care!
  6. C

Iceland Trip Shot with Sony A7, A7R, Ricoh GR

Tom: A very interesting read on your blog! Keen already on the follow-up(s). But first and formost really great and outstanding pictures. Thanks for sharing (and also before editing down). Particularly like, though not interested in landscape photography in the first place, that your portfolio...
  7. C

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Lloyd: Nice one and a lovely title as well, truly infectious smiles!
  8. C

Come fly with me..

Rayan: Nice one! Particularly like the greens (colorwise) and how you captured the impression of the "hut", overgrown with all that flora. Have a nice trip, enjoy!
  9. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Douglas: Although by no means a landscape photographer myself, I really appreciate the sense of calmness radiated by your pictures you shared lately and as well their thoughtful composition. Also a very impressive portfolio provided by...
  10. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) "Urban Stages #3" - Near Goetheplatz, Munich ILCE-7R, FE 24-70 mm F/4 ZA OSS And, of course and as always, C&C very welcome.
  11. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) From a recent short spin to the Mediterranean to catch the last sunrays before the winter: Vieille Ville, Menton, Alpes Maritimes, Côte d'Azur, France ILCE 7S, FE 16-35 mm F/4.0, ZA OSS C&C welcome as always.
  12. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) David: A promising start of an interesting project! I'm really looking forward to your coming discoveries.
  13. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) One more from the evening Munich streets: "Ludwig II", Glockenbachviertel ILCE-7S, FE 24-70 mm F4 ZA OSS C&C always appreciated.
  14. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Busy times, so it's been quite a while ... "Retreat", Old Cemetery, Munich ILCE-7r, FE 16-35 F 4 ZA OSS C&C always welcome.
  15. C

Sony RX100 - getting started

Rayyan: By no means "flimsy" is an apt evaluation IMHO. To my eyes, on the contrary, it seems to be a rather clever and solid solution in such a small package - though more magnification of course would be even better. On the other hand, the new offers from Leica/Panasonic are certainly nice as...
  16. C

Sony RX100 - getting started

Rayyan: Thanks a lot for your good wishes, of course I immediately want to reciprocate them: All the best to you and Ayesha and your family! BTW: If you "need" an EVF/OFV, maybe you "need" an RX 100 Mk III :D. I really like it, and even like it over the RX 100. So as a proof :) I may add one...
  17. C

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Steve: Big +1 to what Lloyd and Rayyan said. Great pictures, particularly like the first one!
  18. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series Hi there, Kapil Syal, my friend! Think so ... To take the opportunity, one picture particularly for you, since you like dogs :D and street photography, if I remember correctly (and of course for others as well) :): "Hot Dog", BMW Welt, Munich ILCE...
  19. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series steflaurent974: Very nice captures, particularly like # 1 "Chapelle fleurie, Saint-Expedit". Thanks for the link as well, nice portfolio!
  20. C

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series Thanks a lot for all the "Likes" and the encouragement. _____________________ Matt: Nice captures from your evening stroll - #7 being my favorite. This one (the B&W conversion) IMO is reflecting the mood of that neighborhood quite perfectly.