The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

A few questions about the MATE

My understanding is that, yes, Hoya did make the front element. The discontinuation of the lens had to do with the supply of those front elements coming to a close as much as the financial considerations already mentioned. I owned the e55 version of the lens. Bought it along with my first...
  2. J

80mm Summilux on the M

The only optical difference is in the coatings applied to the lens elements. I have one of the older Leitz-branded lenses and the coatings are cooler in color than the newer Leica-branded models. The coatings affect the image color to a small degree, but it's nothing that cannot be easily...
  3. J

LeicaM9 & 75mm Summilux & Voigtlander Nokton 35 1.2 SF 24D Flash Leica Bag

Re: LeicaM9 & 75mm Summilux & Voigtlander Nokton 35 1.2 SF 24D Flash Leica Bag And another PM sent... -J.
  4. J

Which new Leica product would you buy?

I'm not really enthused about any of the speculated options being bandied about for May 10th. A mirrorless camera would be attractive if it features a line of dedicated auto-focus lenses along with a means to adapt R and M mount lenses. Even still, I don't need one, so I doubt I'd bite. My...
  5. J

IF U HAVE A 50MM DO U REALLY NEED...

Between those two focal lengths, I can shoot just about everything that really interests me. It really is the combination of the two that enables that freedom though. Neither would suffice alone. Are they close? Yes. But they're absolutely unique.
  6. J

timbuk2 snoop bags? Anyone used one?

I haven't seen the Snoop, but I too have used a Timbuk2 messenger bag for many years as a general purpose and camera bag. I don't use inserts in mine. Rather I wrap my camera in an velvet bag, the lenses stay in their leather cases and gym clothes act as dividers. Flip flops in the bottom...
  7. J

Positive Feedback

Buyer: Johnny_Johnson Seller: Me Johnny bought an M6 TTL of mine and we had an entirely enjoyable transaction. I would happily deal with him again. -J. White San Francisco, CA
  8. J

SOLD Leica M6 TTL 0.58 Chrome

The M6 is now sold. Thanks everyone!
  9. J

SOLD Leica M6 TTL 0.58 Chrome

Leica M6 TTL 0.58 Camera Body in Chrome Finish – $1550.00 Shipped Up for sale in an M6 TTL with the 0.58 viewfinder magnification in Leica's beautiful satin silver chrome finish. This is the model for wide-angle users and eyeglasses wearers. One of the nice features is the absence of 135mm...
  10. J

Positive Feedback

Seller: Me Buyer: Ed Tan Item: 35mm Summilux ASPH Lens Ed is a true gentleman. Thanks for an incredibly smooth transaction!
  11. J

What is the Leica 'glow'??

Wow! That's a beautiful MP!
  12. J

Leica Halts MP Production 'til 2012

Indeed, no harm meant. Please don't leave! However in all fairness, when I looked at it, the picture in the link was of an M9-P, not a film body. Looks like that's been changed.
  13. J

Leica Halts MP Production 'til 2012

I've got a stock of MP sensors in my refrigerator! Unfortunately they're only good for 36 exposures, and then you have to replace them. <insert appropriate emoticon here>
  14. J

Black Paint 28 or 35?

Ian has it right on the most common recent black paint lenses. I believe there was also a black paint 50mm Summicron sold in sets along with the MP Classic model.
  15. J

Summilux 80/1.4 focusing ring too tight?

Indeed my copy of this lens has the tightest focusing action all lenses I own, spanning Leica, Nikon, and Hasselblad systems. Due to its geared action, even my Arca-Swiss 4x5 rivals it. Okay, maybe that's overstating the case a bit. The Arca does move more easily, but it is definitely not...
  16. J

Pricing used tri elmar 28 35 50

I owned a copy of the first version and can recommend it highly. There are a few differences between the two versions: The front diameter of the 1st version is 55mm whereas the 2nd version is 49mm. This affects to the amount of viewfinder blockage that occurs with the two wider focal lengths...
  17. J

Leica R4, 35-70mm, 28mm

PM Sent...
  18. J

M8 and 40.5 Lenses

I use one on a Rokkor 40mm and it works terrifically. -J.
  19. J

How do i check the Actuations on My M8?

You can also use M8-Info, a very handy, free utility written by Wolfram Soens. He's also written one for the M9. You can find them there here: http://www.soens.de/swpage/swpage.html -J.
  20. J

Found in Georgia- Leica M8 and three lenses

Re: Leica M8 and three lenses Having once "lost" an M6 TTL and 50mm Summicron myself, I commend you on your honesty. All the best with reuniting the camera with its owner. You are a Leica hero in my book!