The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

Thinking about the Hassi XCD2 plus 2-3 lenses

Absolutely right. I was a teaching assistant to Beaumont Newhall on a post graduate course at the University of New Mexico in the 1970s. I remember clearly Beaumont telling me that he had seen and was really excited by a prototype of an advanced Xerox machine which could produce continuous...
  2. P

Hasselblad X2D first impressions

Very simple. Just choose MF, the AFD button on the back of the camera overrides MF and provides AF which sticks and decouples from the shutter release. By the way, is there not a way to de-couple AF from the shutter release and just use the back button? I must be missing it.
  3. P

Hasselblad XCD 28P

On the European Hasselblad Store site it is now listed as Sold Out. Annoying I was about to order it when it was available but left it for a day and was too late.
  4. P

Crop Factors on the A7RIV

I have gone back to using my A7RIV after concentrating on my XID. There is much to love with the Sony but I vary between wanting 3:2, 1x1 and 4:3. On the X1D I can select a crop factor BUT the imported RAW file is imported into Phocus with the crop but it is not permanent - I can adjust it...
  5. P

Any Hasselblad users just use Phocus and nothing else?

Adobe offers a demo version of both Lightroom and Photoshop so probably the best answer to your question is for you to download Lightroom at least and see what you think. I've used Lightroom since v1 in conjunction with Photoshop. There are many who are adamant that Phocus produces the best...
  6. P

Hasselblad H1- Will V lenses focus full range with CF Lens Adapter?

I don't know about either the H1 or the Leaf back, but I have an H3D and have no problems with my V series 50mm, 80mm and 120mm in focusing at all the normal distances including infinity. Assuming that the back is properly situated and will allow full focus with H lenses I can't see that it...
  7. P

Hasselblad X2D first impressions

I concur with pretty much everything you say. I have used LR with an H3D-39 (since 2010), CFV 50c and now with the X1D. In the early days LR struggled with the 3FR files a bit - especially with highly saturated colours. But mostly I never used Phocus until recently. After a lengthy shoot in...
  8. P

New Hi-Res cameras - file size issues

I've been reading this thread with interest as I have been thinking about updating my backup procedures for a while. At present I have 6 6TB Sata drives. 2 hold my original catalogs which I then backup weekly using SuperDuper. I then have 2 additional drives which I back up monthly so that I...
  9. P

V Lens and 907x and Profiles in Phocus?

Can't help you with the 907x, but I use the older CFV 50 on my 503cx. Since the camera and lens are purely mechanical no information is passed to the back. Whether that applies with the 907x with the V adapter I can't say but on the older back you could dial in what lens you were using but not...
  10. P

DXO Pure Raw

I've been playing with this mostly with Hasselblad X1D images. In general I'm pretty impressed. Well exposed shots at 100 iso don't really benefit greatly, but there is a dramatic difference with files shot at 400 iso and above - really quite a startling improvement in detail and sharpness...
  11. P

Hasselblad "XH CONVERTER 0.8" and V lenses

I don't know about the 0.8x adapter but I have the CF adapter and the original XH adapter. What I can say definitively is that the CF adapter will not physically mount on the XH adapter. Don't know why since logically the CF adapter mounts happily on an H camera body (which of course is...
  12. P

Hasseblad XD ll possible move from Sony A7r IV

You say your main interest is nature related. I'm not sure what that means. If wildlife etc. then the X1D is not really for you. If landscape, flora etc. then it could well serve as your only camera. I have and use both the X1D (21mm, 45mm + HCD 80mm with adapter) and an A7RIII (mostly...
  13. P

500C/M focusing issues

Yes it is curious. I have large numbers of 20x16 silver gelatin prints (and even more 11x14 and 8x10) made with the 503cx (which I bought in 1992 second hand). All of them look tack sharp. But once I got the CFV50 examining the files at 100% it was clear that something was wrong. Could have...
  14. P

500C/M focusing issues

I had the original CFV 50 back on an old 503cx and found that well over 50% of my initial shots were not sharp. I had the camera serviced for focusing - the mirror can slip out of exact alignment and the back plate can become worn. After the service focusing through the WLF became much much...
  15. P

Separate CFV II 50c and 907X

Interesting pricing if that is correct. The standard edition plus the 907x is only about £500 less than the special edition (with UK VAT £600) £4,500 for the back plus £800 for the 907x - both plus 20% VAT as compared to £5825 plus VAT for the special edition. From what I remember the special...
  16. P

Hasselblad XCD 45 F4 Difference between the Original 45/3.5

I borrowed the f4 lens from Hasselblad for an hour and made some photos with it. I have had the original f3.5 lens since the X1D came out and have made thousands of photographs with it. I personally can't see any difference in quality between the two. I also don't see any real difference...
  17. P

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

I agree completely with you. I had the original CFV-50 back but sold it to buy the X1D. The first 100 or so shots with it on my 503cx were really hit and miss. But then I had the camera calibrated which improved matters a lot. But focusing without a split screen focusing screen was really...
  18. P

Hasselblad CFV ll 50c

Looking at the manual it appears that this comes with a mask for the focus screen on the V series cameras but not a split image focusing screen. I had the original CFV 50 which did come with that and found that focusing without it on a 503 was extremely hit and miss. Handheld live view was of...
  19. P

Problems connecting X1D2 with Phocus ?!

I think that is the same with the X1D - and it is not clear to me how to designate where you want the files saved. Annoying that you can't save to both the SD card and the computer and equally annoying that you can't save to both SD cards at the same time. Although having said that in over 10K...
  20. P

HVM Waist Level Finder

I too really like the V system with the WLF - bought a prism for it once but never used it, just didn't really suit. I bought an H3D-39 some years back and looked at the HVM finder. Quite astonishingly expensive for what it is - a rigid plastic funnel with a diopter on top (and it doesn't even...