The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

Olympus 12-40 plastic screw mount failure

While perusing the DPreview m43 forums, I came across yet another person complaining that their 12-40 pro have came apart at the mount due to failure of the plastic screw mounts for the rear bayonet. I instinctively decided to test my 12-40 on my EM1 to see if there was any pull play on the...
  2. M

Nokia 808 full resolution landscape vs Olympus EM-1 with 12-40 2.8 pro lens

Just was out and about and decided to do a non clinical test shoot off between the EM1 and the Nokia 808. comparing olympus em-1 against 808 - a set on Flickr It is interesting to note that the Nokia 808 38Mp JPG output is indeed very pure and unprocessed like compared to the Olympus EM1 out...
  3. M

Nokia 1020 to get RAW image output!

This is taking mobile phone photography to another level! Another Nokia first: Digital Negatives for Lumia - Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog Enjoy reading, comments welcome
  4. M

Nokia 808 images

Walking through the park, saw a wedding party, and happened to have my mobile phone in my hand. Minor cropping done, off the 38mp image click image twice to see more res
  5. M

SLR Magic Noktor 50mm 0.95 Emount NEX

(Photo taken with humble Nokia N8) It arrived today, my very own 50mm 0.95 E-Mount lens, and already shot off heaps of test images with it. What do I think of this lens... Its amazing for low light. I get good shutter speeds at ISO 100 indoors. Compared to the Pen FT 40mm f1.4 it has pretty...
  6. M

metabones conurus EF to NEX smart adapter

Just received my metabones EF to NEX smart adapter for my Nex 5n. "version 5" of the adapter firmware or production revision makes for a much refined firmware and hardware fixes. This smart adapter in my opinion is superior to any other EF to NEX dumb adapter as it allows for full apeture...
  7. M

mobile phone hdr

My first attempt at post process hdr hand held. think a tripod attachment is in need of acquisition http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/mobile-phone-tripod-holder-p21391.htm either that or a good onboard hdr like the iphone 4 wold be nice. post your hdr on mobile mazor
  8. M

Underwater with the LX3

Here is some shots I took with the LX3 inside the EWA marine housing. I am very pleased with the results of both. All post processing using Lightzone! Everyone please post your underwater images here ;)
  9. M

LX3 by night

A series of pictures taken using the LX3 at night. First pic enhanced JPG using GThumb viewer, the rest are straight out of camera JPG using dynamic Black and White. This is how I see Christchurch at night .. mazor
  10. M

LX3 Teleconverter 2x tests

HI I just pruchased myself a 46mm 2x teleconverter. Results are suprisingly alright. Vignetting will occur with anything less than maximum zoom, which is to be expected. Barrel distortion and CA is increased with the teleconverter but nothing a bit of PP can't get rid of. Here is the setup...
  11. M

Ken Rockwell puts 5d mk ii against d3x

ol Ken just posted this! http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d3x/sharpness-comparison-5d-mark-ii.htm Does this mean the final 5d mk ii is no different from the prototype which had massive noise reduction even at ISO100. Ken shows the D3x beating the 5d mk ii hands down in this area. Opinions...
  12. M

HDR image from LX3 taken in harsh rain

HDRed single RAW to get back details Mazor
  13. M

Old factory taken deep south in Gore

Taken using the LX3, UFRAW converted and PS to black and white with blue filter. 16:9 aspect ratio used. Comments welcome mazor
  14. M

LX3 HDR from RAW

Was out and about and took this pic. Thought I would try some HDR on it. The results are pretty kewl. MAzor
  15. M

LX3 vs old DSLR 10D

the LX3 (10.1MP) on this forum, seems to be highly regarded for its low light capturing technology, boasting higher signal to noise, faster optics combined with Mega OIS. Since I recently purchased an LX3, I thought, why not put it up against a 5 yr old DSLR with lower MP, and see how it fared...
  16. M

LX3 dead pixels visible in RAW!

Noticed it when I took more sky and clouds! Pushing HDR from a single RAW image makes it even more visible! Seems like in the JPG, these dead pixels are not visible. Any one else have these issues with their LX3? will post some sample crops tomorrow. Mazor