The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

Anyone else pumped about the A6100?

Hardly. The pixel density in a 36MP APSc sensor is way (!) higher than in the 101MP MF sensor. That one would give roughly 17,5MP only in APS-c, so roughly half of the rumored new APS sensor. 101MP sounds really much, but that sensor is 2,5x the size of FF. Scaled up to MF "full frame" (like...
  2. A

A7rII with Canon AF database reference.

Only saw your posting now. With adapted lenses, there are not that many possibilities: Only "wide" (camera selects Focus point, not that useful, because it cannot know what you want to have in focus!), and flexible Spot S, M and L. Plus face detection (unfortunately: NO eye- AF) All the other...
  3. A

Yes, f2,8 SP Di, I think there is only one version. For the price it is very good, it was very sharp, with soft bokeh on my old 5d II, but on the a7rII it comes to it's limits, or already beyond. unfortunately the new 24-70 lenses are all huge and heavy, this 28-75 feels already heavy, but...
  4. A

So here are my findings so far (nothing unheard of :-) 1. My latest purchase: Canon 70-200mm F4 IS. Focuses quite fast at all apertures and focal lengths in bright to medium light. When light goes down it will hesitate when getting close to 200mm. Optically the Canon is very good when the focus...
  5. A

70-200mm F4 lens for A7rII - which one?

Thank you for your answer. However, I have made my decision for now, I have found a used EF70-200 IS F4, to be on my Metabones IV that I already have (also bought used). I found it for relatively cheap, so in case that this combo is not working right for me, I will sell it again. But most...
  6. A

Rx1r2

I tend to see it the same way. One could see that battery life as a call for quality over quantity. Only a few years ago it would have sounded completely lunatic to get a camera this tiny that can go into MF territory with it's excellent lens and sensor performance. Sony decided to keep the...
  7. A

Thank you Anna, that was a useful answer. Even if the Sony lens would be a little bit better, I'd probably not spend that much on an F4 lens. I am currently negociating with someone for buying his little used EF70-200mm F4 IS. I guess one can't go wrong with it... I have the Metabones IV smart...
  8. A

Basically I see 3 options: -Canon 70-200mm F4 non- IS, AntiShake would take care of the hand movements... -Canon 70-200mm F4 IS: Question is: Will the IS stabilization in the lens be visibly better than the in camera Anti- Shake of the A7rII? - Sony 70-200 OSS: This is a bit expensive, although...
  9. A

Hello, I want to buy a 85mm portrait lens for my A7r II, the Batis is a bit expensive (having just bought the camera), and it is only 1,8. I would like to get the Sigma 85mm 1,4 HSM. Question: Is it likely to work faster (AF) with EF mount via my Metabones IV adapter, or faster with an Sony A...
  10. A

zEIss: 5 more FF-E coming ...

There is already the Zony 35/2,8, so a Batis 35/2 seems not to make much sense. As 28mm is too close to 35, probably a wider choice like 18mm (21 being already the Loxis). Same for a 85mm, the Batis is "only" 1,8, but seems to be well received. So why a second one? 135mm is an obvious...
  11. A

Fuji MF digital?

Well, as far as I know they did. It was a Supper CCD back with 22MP (AFAIR), but it hardly reached serial status, I once read there only were very few around. At that time, Fuji also made their own sensors (Super CCD/ SR) - unfortunately those days are gone - at least until they bring their...
  12. A

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1 Seen in full size, it is not very sharp, but it freaking looks like film! Very beautiful... Was it a JPEG or did you convert it through a RAW converter? Cheers Bernie...
  13. A

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

The upper one or the lower one? ;)
  14. A

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

I see a lot of really attractive black and white images from the Fuji, do you guys shoot in the BW modes of the camera and take the JPEG, or do you mostly convert from RAW? I am really attracted by the colours (and BW) of this camera, I still hesitate because of the sheer number of cameras I...
  15. A

NEX-7, what's the verdict now?

Well, it is the unclear position that the (excellent) Nex-7 had in my setup that made me sell it: It competes with my Canon 5d II in terms of resolution (it can actually be slightly better even), it competes with my old Fuji S3/ S5pro (that I keep for nostalgic reasons and because those cameras...
  16. A

NEX 7 Wish

For real world photography, I find photozone.de close to useless. Those are very technical reviews, many if not most lenses get mediocre to bad ratings, although in some cases I know that they give very nice results. Example: They give the Sony SEL 50/1,8 only 2,5 stars out of 5, optically. I...
  17. A

NEX-7 has an AA filter.

Thank you for continually teaching everyone with your superior insights and striking cleverness about what is best, here and elsewhere (aren't you "Knallberto" on dpreview?) :banghead: Bernie
  18. A

Yes, we forget so quickly. As little as 12 years ago - around 2000 - most shot still with film or crappy overpriced 0,7 MP compact cameras (a few had DLSRs with 2MP for 20.000 bucks). A well executed Nex-7 shot with a good lens (let's say a Contax G 45mm lens for 250 bucks) can rival a medium...
  19. A

If Oly stays with Sony, the quality will always be the same as APS-c sensors, except that they are quite a bit smaller & therefore file quality lesser. If they do not stay with Sony, they will hardly find another manufacturer that makes sensors as good as the Sonys. Apart from that I believe...
  20. A

I just come back from a beach week- end on the baltic sea, I took with me the Nikon d700 + 2 lenses and the Nex with 3 lenses (Kit, 50/1,8, 30/2,8 sig). I used both, some of the nex shots are very nice, huge DR (better than d700) in sun/ shadow situations plus intense good colours. BUT: The...