The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. H

New Leica film camera

I have dusted off my M6Ti in recent weeks and have put a couple of rolls through it. I was always an urban film shooter and when I moved to Queenstown 3 years ago I was suddenly in NZ's landscape capital and I left the M6 on the shelf. It is a cool little kit in my Wotancraft Pilot 10L with M11...
  2. H

Guide to Leica and Third Party Lenses

I think the new Voigtlanders are great options. I have a hybrid system, WATE, VC35/2.8, VC50/1 and VC90/2.8 and am really happy with them all. The little VC35 is primarily on my M6 but I carry the rest in my LE kit. I got the 50/1 mainly as a special occasion lens but have used it quite a bit...
  3. H

Macro with the Leica S - achieving 1:1

Why did I sell my Xpan?
  4. H

M11 Images

Mine arrives in 2 weeks and I am not the most patient person in the world.
  5. H

M11 Images

I totally agree but I live in the adventure capital of NZ and I find I keep leaving the majority of my XCD lenses behind when I hike, ride motorbike, mountain bike or snowboard and going back to a smaller kit makes sense even though I will sacrifice IQ. Photography has always been my main...
  6. H

Fun with Q2 shots

I love my little Q2. This is Poolburn Dam Road in Central Otago, NZ.
  7. H

M11 Images

Please keep posting. I am thinking of downsizing to an M11 + WATE + 90 Summicron from my Hassy 907x + 4 lenses. Can't be bothered with the weight anymore and as an amateur going back to Leica isn't really isn't a step down. I am a long exposure guy and the ability to turn off LENR makes this...
  8. H

Fun with Leica Compact Cameras

Thanks Dave, it is an amazing place and the Q2 certainly saved my back.
  9. H

Fun with Leica Compact Cameras

Does the Q2 qualify as a Leica compact. I got the Q2 as a hiking camera so I wouldn't be tempted to lug my 907x + multiple lenses on 3 days hikes like this one on Routeburn Track, NZ. This is Lake MacKenzie early morning on day 2 of the hike.
  10. H

The great tripod & head thread!

I recently purchased a Peak Design aluminium tripod for hiking, and was great on our just completed a 3 day hike (Routeburn Track). It made an extremely light solution for my aging back. Leica Q2, Benro 3 + 6 + 10 stop 49mm filters + RRS nodal slide + PD Ali tripod. The nodal slide helped with...
  11. H

The struggle of choice

I know how you feel especially when you get somewhere and say I wish I had a tele or ultra wide, but I feel I have less than 20 good summers left and I don't want spend them humping gear that I will likely not use. What did it for me was the amount of times on was on a beach/mountain/lake/river...
  12. H

The struggle of choice

I recently bought a Leica Q2 to solve my hiking/riding/travelling light trips. Fixed lens so no choice, 49mm filters plus an RRS pano head makes for a really light bag. On a recent hike I really suffered after taking to all of my Hassy gear and thought I am too old for this shit, so something...
  13. H

Tilt shift options for GFX100S

Hi Don, would you be able to post a pic with the Rogeti, Kipon on the GFX please? I use the 24mm on my 907x and I love it. I would interested to see how the cage fits with the Kipon as well. Sorry to hijack the thread but that Rogeti looks really interesting to me.
  14. H

Tilt shift options for GFX100S

I went through a similar search with my 907x and I settled on the Canon 24TS-E with a Kipon adaptor for my long exposure work. I also have a Laowa 15 Shift in Nikon mount and Fotodiox adaptor. I use the Laowa when there is no sun around and want super wide. Both lenses give me around 8mm of...
  15. H

The great tripod & head thread!

It is my birthday in a couple of weeks and my wife whose business operates in USD asked what I wanted, so now a AS Cube is heading from NYC to Queenstown NZ. Can't wait. Hopefully when it arrives we will be out of our current lockdown.
  16. H

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

Another lockdown here in NZ. This is Lake Wakatipu Queenstown near my home. Really liking the Canon 24TSE + 907xSE.
  17. H

Best filters for landscape photography

I really like the 12 and the 16 because it is just one filter and I can stack the Variable on top if needed.
  18. H

Best filters for landscape photography

Did you try the H&Y drop ins? 10/12/16 stops. In my opinion that system is the most light tight I have ever used. I shoot 2-4 mins with no leaks.