The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Buy an Ansel or several other images?

Tragic story coming ;) : My wife of 33 years brought a 16x20 Adams original of Clearing Winter Storm into the relationship. She and her ex had purchased that print, and Moonrise Over Hernandez, several years before. In the split, the images were divided based on the preference of each at the...
  2. D

30'' (-ish) monitor

I'm using two NEC MulitSync PA271W displays with Spectaview software. I'm a happy camper.
  3. D

Peter Lik 6.5 million $ Antelope canyon picture

That's how I approach places like Yosemite (the valley and high country). It's one of my favorite places on Earth (I was a climber there for years), whether in photo-mode or just taking it in. I have some of the "cliche' " images, and some which are not at all like others I've seen captured...
  4. D

Fuji X updates

And now my iPhone 5 even has 6x6, 6x7, 6x7+, 645, 6x9, 16:9, 6x12, 6x17 formats. Sure it's via an app (645 PRO, providing lots of other goodies like exposure comp, ISO controls, etc.), but it's a little $5 add-on app that you'd think Sony could emulate a bit. ;)
  5. D

Fuji X updates

I have a lot of respect for Fujifilm's demonstration of listening to users, as well as their tendency to support older models with meaningful firmware updates. The updates for the X-E2, X-E1, and X-Pro1 are less extensive, but it's still great that they don't abandon users of those models. I...
  6. D

Leica D-Lux (typ109) (Panasonic LX100)

I really enjoyed the review, Jono. Thanks for sharing your findings.
  7. D

Mrauk-U

Wonderful set, Jørgen (as usual). Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I love Burma/Myanmar. It's been too long since I've visited. Your images make me miss the Burmese "out lands" and the people who live there even more. Thanks!
  8. D

Firmware Update for X-E2

I didn't see this posted yet, so thought I'd toss it out there. Pardon me if I missed that it's already been shared. Firmware update v2.0 for X-E2 provides X-T1 viewfinder improvement, plus other enhancements to the X-E2: Read post here on PetaPixel And the Fuji press release is HERE And...
  9. D

Wish you were here..

Very nice series, Rayyan. Thanks for sharing!
  10. D

What RAW processor are you using for X-E2 or X-T1 files?

I'm using C1 Pro for X-E2 files. I don't like the ACR conversion for most of what I shoot, so that would apply to LR as well. I'm not a LR user at all, so can't comment directly. I'm faster with ACR and PS, so if I don't really care much about a file (fun stuff to email to a friend or family...
  11. D

X-T1 light leak is easily fixed by fuji

I love the response Fuji provided, instead of denial and/or accusations aimed at the user. Kudos to Fuji. Thanks for sharing.
  12. D

X-T1 -- worth its money, because

Thanks Douglas and Graham. Wow. That sounds like a valid reason for recall and a retrofit gasket (or at least at the option of the client who is willing to send it in). I'll look at my X-E2 and see if there's a similar issue. If so, maybe I'll judicially apply a bit of silicone. A friend just...
  13. D

Your own personal XF lens roadmap ...

Hi Graham, Sorry, I missed your post here. Thanks for your comments on the primes. I'll certainly add the 14mm during this promo period. I'm cooped up with work right now, so have very little time to get out and enjoy the kit right now – especially a wide FL. At present I have the three lenses...
  14. D

Gary, I had the TT Retrospective 5 (the smallest of the series) here and it rather easily handled X-E2 with kit zoom, the 35mm f/1.4, and the 75mm f/2.5 Voigtlander (tiny) with room for another lens and plenty of misc. accessories. I decided that it was a bit small for my taste though because...
  15. D

Congrats, Gary. I'm still going slow on this kit, since my motivation was for a compact travel and hiking kit. It's really taking some discipline to stick to my original goal, though. It's a fun kit and I continue to want to add more glass (and bodies) to the bag. We'll see where it settles...
  16. D

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Gary, you're right. I think you may want to have it adjusted. Maybe a custom profile would help! ;)
  17. D

Appropriate bags for the X series?

I'll echo Gary's suggestion of the TT Retrospective. It's quite well made, and I like that it's fairly discrete as well.
  18. D

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Gary, congrats on the good buy on the Pro1. The 14 may be my next Fuji lens. I think I'll want it for our hikes in the Sierras (among other things), although the new wide zoom might be fun for such use as well. I like primes, but I've had a couple wide zooms (16-35 L and the crop 10-24mm back...
  19. D

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

That's what I've seen as well, Gary. $799 is quite a bargain, if that comes to pass.
  20. D

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Take a look here and follow the link to Fujirumors. If you click on the table images you'll see the rebates and date range, etc.