The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Firmware Update for X-E2

I didn't see this posted yet, so thought I'd toss it out there. Pardon me if I missed that it's already been shared. Firmware update v2.0 for X-E2 provides X-T1 viewfinder improvement, plus other enhancements to the X-E2: Read post here on PetaPixel And the Fuji press release is HERE And...
  2. D

New Fuji Deals Posted

I just noticed that Fujirumors has posted a list of new Fuji lens and body deals/instant rebates. Here's the link if you're interested. Edit to add: The lens deal is not tied to the purchase of a body.
  3. D

A7r Teardown: LensRentals

I didn't see this mentioned elsewhere, so thought I'd post it. Sorry if it's a duplicate. Feel free to delete if it's redundant. Sony A7R teardown at LensRentals "The completely disassembled Sony A7R consists of about a dozen major pieces, held together with 29 screws of just three different...
  4. D

Cooking in the Danger Zone: Chernobyl

This is fascinating and rather amazing in ways. Cooking in the Danger Zone: Chernobyl (BBC Video) "Visiting the site of the world's worst nuclear accident at Chernobyl, Stefan Gates finds people living on toxic land. His journey takes him right up to the crumbling sarcophagus itself, and when...
  5. D

FS: New Tenba PB-15C Backpack

I have a NEW Tenba PB-15C ProDigital photo backback with the tags still on it. This backpack has cordura nylon packcloth, while the current model is exactly the same but with a shinier nylon material. Accommodates a laptop up to 15". I ordered it for a trip overseas, but a shipping delay...
  6. D

SOLD: Canon 300mm f/4.0 L IS

Essentially like new in box, Canon 300mm f/4.0 L IS (Image Stabilized) lens. Very nice! Includes tripod collar, case and box materials. There are a couple of very minor smudges in the rubber around the hood, but otherwise it's pristine. A friend bought my Canon bodies and some lenses, but I...
  7. D

SOLD: Canon 16-35mm f/2.8 mk II

Like new in box, Canon 16-35mm f/2.8 mark II lens. The lens was purchased new by me, and then I started buying medium format stuff the same month, so my Canon gear saw little use from that point on. A friend bought my Canon bodies and some lenses, but I kept a few as I plan to replace the...
  8. D

Lightroom, Camera Raw Bug w/PowerPC Macs

Just a heads-up: Tom Hogarty has posted a warning of a bug affecting PowerPC Macs in Lightroom 2.5/Camera Raw 5.5. Here's the link to his post. John Nack posted about it too, on which a couple of reader comments point out other issues.
  9. D

Good News (Maybe): Apple + Matte

Apple may be adding more matte screen options to their line. This would push several people I know to upgrade... if they offered the matte screen on the 15" MBP, as well as the 13". Do it, Apple! Engadget Report
  10. D

Storing Phase One Back

Quick question: I need to store my P25+ for about three weeks while traveling. Is it best to remove the battery during this time? With my other cameras I always remove the batteries, and I remove the Mamiya battery pack when not in use. Common sense suggests that I remove the battery, but...
  11. D

Did You Catch This? G10 vs. P6000 on L.L.

The review M.R. had said was coming. It references the LX-3 from time to time as well. The G10 shows rather strong in this comparison with the P6000, especially regarding CA/fringing and resolution (referring to image sharpness, not the sensor resolution). The lack of live histogram on the...
  12. D

You Might Enjoy This: G10 vs. P45+

Interesting comparison here: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/kidding.shtml
  13. D

4x4, 4x6 Filters: Lee vs. HiTech, etc.

I'm looking to revamp my filter kit as I have collected numerous round filters with threads and some square and rectangular filters and holders and the collection is a bit of mess now. It's obvious that I need to consolidate. Most of the filters have been purchased with DSLRs in mind, but now I...
  14. D

Anybody Using Gitzo GT3541XLS (or 3540XLS)?

I'm looking for a new field tripod and need more height at times. I'm not a big fan of the very spindly fourth leg sections of most of the tripods, but I'm thinking that with this model I'm less likely to use that fourth section except when I need the reach in uneven terrain. Here's a link to...
  15. D

Capture One Questions

I'm new to Capture One (I don't own it) and wonder if I can get by with C-1 v4.1 instead of springing for C-1 Pro for a while? As I understand it, C-1 Pro has not yet been released in v. 4 anyway, but I believe this to be coming soon. I'm new to MFDB and will be processing P25+ files, but...