The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. B

Ultra Fast Glass for XF/DF+ (Contax 80/2, Schneider 130/2)

Hi Doug, can I ask how you are mounting the lenses on the XF? Is there an adaptor required?. Sincerely, Bahr
  2. B

Capture one files not stitching in Photoshop

Hi, that's what I normally do with no issues but I've just uninstalled and re-installed Photoshop cc 2015 and hoping that solves the issue. If I could get an email sent via pm I can send a couple of files to see if it's working on your systems. Really don't want to buy a new laptop and have the...
  3. B

Hi Graham, That's the message I had as well. But then I tried to do it directly in Photoshop with the processed canon and iq350 files from capture one and it just freezes. Have you tried stitching the same converted files directly in Photoshop? Bahr
  4. B

Hi, I've tried tiffs first and had multiple freeze/crashes and then the same when I tried it with jpegs. All processed in capture one 8.3. I then tried it after updating to 8.3.1 and same thing.
  5. B

Hi everyone, So I'm having a problem when taking converted capture one 8.3 files into photoshop. Normally stitching in Photoshop always worked fine for me but I've had consistent crashes when trying to open either canon files or iq350 files in Photoshop cc2015. I'm using a late 2011 MacBook Pro...
  6. B

Filters for the 105mm thread

Hi Don, Really interested to see your solution for these lenses. I've spoken to someone from phase with regards to the 28 and he mentioned that they have a solution in the works for filter holders. Looking at my 28mm and 40-80mm I'm struggling to find a good solution locally in Dubai...
  7. B

Phase One News: XF Body, IQ3 backs, 35LS, 120LS, C1 8.3, Website

Hi Steve, Thanks for the reply. It's iq350 with XF. Loving the new system and switch from h4d-50. In a way I'm relieved as I thought something was wrong with the back. This might be a silly question but would usb 2 work or am I looking at a new laptop purchase.lol.... Bahr
  8. B

Hi everyone, just wanted to ask (aimed towards Doug and Steve) if it's true when using FireWire for tethering in capture one 8.3 that live view is not available. a few days ago it worked flawlessly via usb 3 on my local studios laptop but in my laptop via FireWire it tethers but doesn't seem to...
  9. B

Just letting you dudes know that I received my upgrade/trade in from H4d-50 to iq350 and xf camera last week. Haven't had a chance to properly break it in until today and I'm extremely pleased. Will try to post something soon but for now I'll give a few comments. Camera's user interface is...
  10. B

The switch...... Hassy to phase one

At triangle.... That's exactly it. Last system I used that felt like a partnership for the greater glory to me was Nikon and with the hassy i felt it was a challenging marriage (in terms of workflow and tech cam use) Who knows maybe in a few weeks I'll be stressing about an issue or two with...
  11. B

At Jerome. Good question, I had my doubts with regards to default sharpening settings on both systems as I can be quite misleading with different software. With the help of some other photographers I found it wasn't a settings issue and came down to the raw sharpness of the lenses. Again, I...
  12. B

Also, capture one is worlds apart from phocus with regards to workflow and editing.
  13. B

In all honesty I think Hasselblad lenses are fantastic. I had the 28mm, 35-90 and 150n. The 150n almost made my eyeballs bleed with how sharp it is and rendered beautifully around f4. The other two are also great. I was originally always considering the hassy camera but with phase back if I was...
  14. B

Compadre's, it is with great pleasure I can now formally say that I have made the switch from my h4d-50 to the phase one xf and iq350 digital back. Whilst I was extremely fond of my Hasselblad I was fully aware of the limitations of the system in various areas. Image quality was never the...
  15. B

WTB. Arca rm3di tech cam. Would also consider alpa

Also interested in lenses and accessories. Thanks
  16. B

WTB. Arca rm3di tech cam. Would also consider alpa

Hi there, Anyone looking to sell a mint condition arca rm3di or alpa tech cam (12 max) then please send me a message. Thanks
  17. B

Advice REQ : what do yo do if someone USED one of your photos?

Name and shame dude. With repetition in all public arenas
  18. B

Alpa 12 Max w/Rodenstock HR Digaron-S 4.0/35mm

Hi, where are you based. Might be intersted to pick it up if possible
  19. B

FS: Cambo WRS-4000 Anniversary Edition Technical Camera Kit

This kit really is beautiful. For the past year I've talked myself into saving to the arca rm3di. It's hard not to second guess my original choice after seein this. Hmmm........
  20. B

Hi Gerald, how's you? I believe you took a photo of the back of my head last weekend at the...

Hi Gerald, how's you? I believe you took a photo of the back of my head last weekend at the address downtown while somebody else was holding a light in the pool. You should have come over.