The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. H

100 portraits with names recorded - help!

I have a project I am going to work on this week. At the beginning of a conference I need to take photos of couples/guests AND record their names. Next day I need to print the photos and mark them with the couples/guests names. I am planning to take the photos, and 1. have a blank sheet and...
  2. H

Lightroom Catalog gets corrupted when I swap SSD into my other editing computer.

I have 2 identical computers with the same Lightroom running on them. I usually work on my home computer editing wedding photos in the morning. When I need to go to the office I take my editing SSD drive with me and istall it into my other PC. This is not an external SSD but a regular secondary...
  3. H

Any pro printing labs in South Florida left after Covid?

I am a wedding photographer. I am looking into the option of printing pro-quality in the South Florida area. Any good printing companies in South Florida? Thanks!
  4. H

Premiere Pro on Windows not compatible with Prores Raw?

I have shoot some work with my Canon R5 + Ninja V in ProRes Raw. After importing I get the error message that Premiere Pro can't decode Prores Raw. I have installed Apple codec but still doesn't work... Any help here?
  5. H

Insurance for wedding photography?

Hey guys! Who do you use for insurance for wedding photography? How much is the going rate? Thanks! Otto
  6. H

Ryzen 7 5600 or 5800x for fast lightroom and photoshop editing?

Do you recommend Ryzen 7 5600 or 5800x for fast lightroom and photoshop editing? Is there a difference between these 2 processors? I see all the data on them but I am not sure it makes a huge difference when you are editing....
  7. H

What makes an editing PC fast - good video card (gpu) or the processor (cpu)?

I want to upgrade my computer. I am running a 3gen i7 processor a geforce 1050. I find that lightroom is slow when I scroll through photos in develop mode? Faster rendering in develop mode would make my editing faster... What should I upgrade? Processor or the video card? I would like to hear...
  8. H

Canon Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter EF-EOS R with Variable ND Filter Question

Is there anybody using EF lenses with Canon mirroless? Do you have the Canon Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter EF-EOS R with Variable ND Filter? 1. Any experience with it? Can you take out the filter and tape the filter hole and use it as a regular adapter when you don't need the nd filter? 2. They...
  9. H

Canon r5 back focusing - micro AF adjustment missing???

I have a brand new Canon R5. I noticed a horrible back focusing with my 35mm 1.4 Mark I. lens. I have tried to micro-adjust focusing but apparently there is no option for micro-adjust AF in the menu... ????? Anybody facing the same problem???? Thanks!
  10. H

Latest COVID wedding! Are weddings coming back????

It looks like weddings are coming back. I just shot an Indian wedding in Clearwater, FL. I hope it is going to become a growing trend. Post your latest weddings including location. Let's support each other! https://www.haringphotography.com/gallery/hindu-indian-wedding-photos-clearwater-florida/
  11. H

Steps to keep yourself and the guests safe from Covid-19:

The sad truth that the virus won't disappear. We can make the impact less severe. I am a wedding photographer. Steps to keep yourself and the guests safe from Covid-19: https://www.haringphotography.com/weddings-i-do/blog/wedding-covid-precautions/
  12. H

Editing 5.5k raw video canon 1dx mark iii or r5??? Any problem with replay?

Is there anybody who owns the new canon 1dx or r5 who has experience editing raw 4k, 5.5k video on computer? Some people claim that rendering footage and editing is extremely hard because of the computing demand of footage? Any real life experience? Raw is great but useless if computers are not...
  13. H

Live stream internet strength - Beach wedding

One of my clients want me to provide live feed of the wedding ceremony they are going to have on the beach. I would like to use my 5d mark iv to record and provide the feed into OBS Studio software. I am planning to use my mobile internet on my phone. I would like to set up my phone as hot spot...
  14. H

Fee for providing lost images?

Hey Guys! I am a wedding photographer. A client contacted me recently who apparently lost her wedding photos. I shot her wedding 9 years ago. She asked me to find out whether I still have their images. It would take me a half a day to go through all the archives. My question: Do you charge a fee...
  15. H

Canon R5 with DSLR lenses + adaptor - any AF delay or drawback?

I am looking at the Canon R5 with my DSLR lenses + adapter. I may not want to sell all my EF lenses and buy the new RF ones. If you have the camera and you are using it with the adapter and EF lenses, is there any difference compared to the RF lenses... Any AF delay or drawback? I get it. Canon...
  16. H

Lightroom export stops

I am trying to export edited images. It export 4 of them and stops. The 4 exported images can not be opened. I have been using Lightroom for 10 years as a wedding photographer without any problems. Any ideas?
  17. H

taking Raw image files from Raw video - 1dx Mark III?

Do you think it is possible to pull Raw image files from Raw video? Theoretically, you could shoot raw video and pull raw image files and edit them. This way one person could do photography and videography at the same time... Do you think it is possible? Any ideas?
  18. H

Anybody here owning 1dx Mark iii? Shadow noise???

Is there here anybody here owning 1dx Mark iii? I have read mixed reviews regarding dynamic its range...What is you impressions? I am really wondering how far we can pull up shadows in Raw files when underexpose to preserve the highlights. I would like to hear about shadow noise... So let's say...
  19. H

Sony A7R III mirrorbox replacement. Advice needed!

I have a Sony A7R III. The small glass in front the the mirror box has cracked. I would like to replace it. I have looked up on youtube how to replace the mirrorbox. What I found so far is a video based on the Sony A7R II. Based on that video the mirrobox can be removed without removing the back...
  20. H

How much do you pay for website hosting? Let's compare services and prices...

I have 3 domain, 3 websites under my hosting plan. I pay 25.99/month at Bluehost. It is $311 for a year. How much do you guys pay for hosting? Thanks so much! Miami Indian Wedding Photographers - Haring Photography, Florida Muslim and Jewish Wedding Photographer | Miami Wedding Photographers...