The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

Hasselblad 24mm (or 25mm) f2.5V and 135mm f2.5V

Hi, Nice. I love they are moving, it was painful when they dropped the H but they are trying to keep the X alive. I hope they fixed the production issues and all the lenses become available. It's pretty Nice. I hope the sum of Fuji and Hasselblad plus other commercial Applications like...
  2. J

907x 100c - Phocus Mobile 2 - Top Overlay Crops Live View on Ipad

Sweet setup! I hope you find a fix or workaround for the issue Best regards.
  3. J

The XCD 90V isn't just Hasselblad's finest lens – it could be the finest lens we've ever tested

Old cars are not as safe as modern ones, or as aerodynamic, but back then cars had personalities and were different from each other. This one is an example of it. Wonderful. Best regards.
  4. J

Medium Format Pets

Hi, Now we are talking, after so many crop sensor pets 😂 Best regards,
  5. J

Growing concern over availability of XCD (older style) and New V lenses

It seems like a broken culture problem. I should say "another" because they have not fixed the communication problem that they used to have. I had a little bit of hope that DJI will fix communications because they are a modern corporation, they have not. Hasselblad may be prioritizing B&H...
  6. J

A Good Zoom Lens for Nikon D700

Hi, I will recommend you check the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR it is supposed to very good above 35mm and stoped down (the range you are more likely to use for portraits) and is small and cheap. One can find mint used smaples. Here is the Image Resource test...
  7. J

Live view support for Capture One for iPad / iPhone Version 2.3.0

Hi, I believe they are now different but under the same ownership since 2019 or 2020. I guess that they are trying to operate them so that the high-profit Software side does not lose business opportunities because is integrated with Phase One. Think about it like something similar to...
  8. J

D500 - closest in Z body?

Hi, I will recommend you keep shooting with the D500 until you can get a used Z8. The resolution will be close to identical (crop mode) the AF for birds in flight supreme etc. The other option is leaving Nikon: Any modern Sony will AF better than your D500 most of the time. Again if you want...
  9. J

IQ5 rumors

Hi, Yes, and that is good. They are also sold in places like B&H and Adorama etc. To put it funnily, cameras are not part of a competition that includes who has a bigger you know what, or whose milkshake brings more boys to the yard (to be inclusive) 🤣 Most camera buyers, including myself...
  10. J

IQ5 rumors

Hi, I hope you are wrong about the P1 only part, that will limit sales and could make Sony reject the expenses. Nothing is blocking Leica from using it for a future mirrorless platform, and Hasselblad can introduce it as a big brother to the CFV, at say 15K. Best regards,
  11. J

IQ5 rumors

Hi, I fully understand that you don't like the idea of a cropped small area, but it's what P1 asked when they release a camera you should crop to zoom. Phase One users defended the design. I don't know in what numbers they buy the camera, but they seem to love it in paper. Also, you may not...
  12. J

IQ5 rumors

Hi, If P1 decides to use it, they can Mask the sensor in software. The resolution will be close to 211 MPixels and we know P1 has no issue asking people to crop aggressively as they did with the fixed lens mirrorless camera. The other option is Leica. With this sensor, they could introduce...
  13. J

IQ5 rumors

Hi, Yes, I remember that sensor. It was a time when MF was far still vibrant (it seems to be gaining momentum again). The Leaf backs were sweet with a different color rendition. Cameras have advanced so much, but part of the love for the art and fight to get the image and the expertise have...
  14. J

IQ5 rumors

Hi, No, I did the math too and if the pixels are squares it leads to 53.71mm x 36.32mm a sensor Leica can dream of. Someone talks about using it for a 48mm x 36 mm masked it will lead to a beautiful 200MP sensor. Best regards
  15. J

IQ5 rumors

Hi, Maybe we should give them a chance. We were concerned about the future of MF sensors. Even if this is not for the consumer market is great news. It could go into a fantastic Leica or even a Phase One. Based on the diagonal 64.84mm, and supposing that the pixels are square it gives us...
  16. J

Sturdy Z9 & Z 600 mm TC!

Hi, THanks for sharing. I am traumatized for all the experiences where the sensor shield breaks and it took weeks to months for Nikon to repair it. I am glad this was not the case here. Clearly, soil is soft compared to grable or concrete. Best regards,
  17. J

remote triggering an XF

Hi, Apple (they are this day in the middle of a crisis, the fact that the C-level executive for AI believes that LLM is not important after they lost badly with Siri is quite telling) should work with the camera vendors to create an API for the Apple watch. If it worked it would be the best...
  18. J

Nikon buys RED

Hi, Not relevant but I love the work you share on your Instagram. Best regards.
  19. J

Nikon buys RED

Hi, In an interesting turn of events, Nikon bought RED. I don't know how much or how little Nikon pay for RED, or how are they paying, so we can't not infer anything about Nikon's financials from it. What is true is that the Photo Market continues to move in a generally downward...