The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

D800/D800E/IQ180 comparison

Just got done shooting dancers in a studio setting for four hours, 9 more hours tomorrow. At my feet was a bag with my 1Ds3 and 5D3. What I used was my RZ with a Leaf 7-II. 35mm does not have a waist level finder... Now two weeks from now, the RZ stays home. Could I have done today with either...
  2. M

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Wow step away from the forum for a couple of months and come back to all this eye candy. It is really cool to see the vast array of amazingly different, unique and inspiring work. Need to get my butt in gear.
  3. M

Help with Mamiya Remote Capture

Sorry guys, been busy. Yes, I do have both. I had actually made contact with Mamiya USA and got the e-mail version of the middle finger from them when I asked about the software last year.
  4. M

Anyone ever use a loupe on an RZ WLF?

Cool, well not really, I'm glad I'm not the only one that has this issue. If the distance is between 5-10' I can nail it, beyond that I'm close but off.
  5. M

Shelby -- Sorry about your loss. #2&4 are superb.
  6. M

Help on configuring a Mac Pro

I found more cores helped my use of C1 more than a better card. With Aperture a better card helped. I swapped from a gen1 MacPro to a late 2010 one by just swapping my drive.
  7. M

Nice old school legs Shelby :)
  8. M

Flash for Phase One 645AF & P40+?

Anything goes. I've used my Canon 580s in manual mode, a Metz 60CT4 in auto (and manual).
  9. M

happy with your esata Drobo drive?

I find that it is about the same as a run of the mill 7200 SATAII drive. It is really slow compared to my XServe Raid array or a run of the mill e-sata enclosure running the drives in a software raid.
  10. M

I have a copy of the DMG. PM me and I'll send it to you.
  11. M

Canon 1DX and implications for MF

It's funny. I have a mixed reaction to the announcement. Canon has finally announced something that I want to buy to replace my 1DIII. I don't think I'll miss the 3MP difference between it and my 1DsIII. The biggest negative in my mind -- no 16bit processing. And unless they improved their...
  12. M

Good to know. I'm using a Leaf Aptus-II 7 now.
  13. M

Which binary do you want? I think I have both PC and Mac still.
  14. M

Phase 645AF/Leaf Aptus-II 7/Mamiya 105-210 Testing the backs failure modes with the 645AF Simple joys
  15. M

Thanks! Unfortunately I did get the back to fail :( Thanks! I'd have probably fit in more at the museum if I had had an iPhone. I got some of the weirdest looks I've ever gotten. I did have a guard stop by and chat about medium format which was cool. Thanks! It's different, yet the same...
  16. M

Seattle Museum of Flight with the youngest Mamiya RZ67ProIID 110F2.8 Leaf Aptus-II 7 Took the RZ to the museum to work on reproducing the failure mode I am getting with the back :(
  17. M

Show your favorite RZ67 shots!

SergeiR has some. I know that there is at least 1 in the 'Fun with MF images' thread.