The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

Fun with X-T50??? (based on rumors)

Yeah, I am jumping the gun on a rumor, but looks like Fuji will unveil the X-T50 on May 16, 2024 at their next summit. But the reason this is on my radar is because two key aspects on it that surfaced as strong rumors - 40MP X-T5 sensor use - IBIS I would imagine the camera may increase...
  2. R

Fun with EOS M6 Mark II

Apologies to everyone that I said I would post pics, then I didn't for a while. Here's some I took with the Sigma F1.4 at the last Day of The Dead in San Francisco 2023 last year. - Ricardo
  3. R

Canon EOS-M APSC mirrorless officially discontinued in Japan

pretty much: https://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/no-surprise-canon-eos-m-discontinued-in-japan/ - Ricardo
  4. R

Fun with Canon M200...

Never in a million years I thought I would land here but here we are. The M200 is the closest successor to a GM5 I could find, particularly when using its pancake STM22 F2.0 lens. Still it's another system that's been abandoned, leaving it to sell whatever stock remains- but I am past that...
  5. R

Sony RX1 MKII in 2023

Anyone here has one? You still use? How has it lasted for you? Do you still like it? How good/fast is the AF at night? Thanks.
  6. R

Canon M200 - thoughts?

It seems the small compact competent cameras are slowly disappearing, and Canon is slowly letting the EOS M line die. But it doesn't matter if a camera model is a fit for your needs, and I have been looking again at the M200 as a "better Lumix GM5" successor - since Panasonic- will I will never...
  7. R

Fun with Olympus E-P7

This is a camera that was recently announced by OM Digital Solutions in Asia & Europe. I am in the USA, so after some thought decided to get it from Amazon Japan. Main reason is that this is a camera I said I wish OMDS/Olympus did over 1.5 years ago (!). A "super EPL10 with PenF profiles."...
  8. R

Olympus, DXo Photolab4 deepPRIME

Some shots I took recently and I have to say dxo Photolab4 deepPRIME is simply AMAZING. It not only does great noise reduction without the previous PRIME artifacts at times, but it is doing bayer demosaicing by machine learning which is interesting. This last one a re-export from PenF shot...
  9. R

Olympus announces update for recording Apple ProRes RAW Video

https://learnandsupport.getolympus.com/development-announcements?utm_content=atomos&utm_campaign=2020_09_RawDev_US&utm_kxconfid=t5ljhtrz5&utm_source=email_ettips&utm_medium=email&sfmc_sub=5469934 Olympus announces upcoming firmware upgrade for EM1X and EM1MKIII, to record video to ATOMOS Ninja...
  10. R

Fun with GX9

Some recent street shots (from two nights ago to ~1 month ago) - Ricardo
  11. R

Ricoh GR-E rumors...

So bumped into the Ricoh GR/ GRII successor.. the Ricoh GR-E. At least for the rumor mill that's the name. 36MP curved sensor To be announced in spring or early summer Price: $1,800 (USD) 122.0 mm (W) × 64.7 mm (H) × 39.8 mm (D) 28mm f/2.4 lens (non-retractable) crop modes to 25mm/ 50mm (from...
  12. R

Giving X-E3 a spin

I am going to keep this short and in bullet form since it's late. First a picture I took last night with continuous AF, XF27 F2.8. I suppose composition could be a tad better and the white car in the background next to the guy makes the picture a bit less than it could be, but I still like the...
  13. R

Anyone else watching those X-E3 will be smaller rumors?

If Fuji makes a reasonably small X-E3, that would probably be tempting enough to sell my m43rds and go there. I forbid myself to buy stuff until next year- so far it's working great. It has given me pause to see what I would like as a final thing GM7 - a Panasonic GM5 with the new PenF/GX8...
  14. R

GX850/GX800/GF9 Firmware update 1.1

This firmware update adds "Beauty Retouch" feature (use from play menu) which is much more extensive (and creepier ) than I would have imagined. But the main reason I was looking forward to this update is because the RAW converter Highlight/Shadow adjustments were broken- they didn't work...
  15. R

Fun with Lumix GX850/GX850/GF9 (USA/EU/Asia names)

Decided to start a proper thread on it. If you feel this is redundant to the GM5 as a moderator, please join the thread back to the GM5 one. Some shots I took yesterday with GX850, Olympus 25mm F1.8. - Ricardo
  16. R

The Amazing Pen-F - Olympus got the JPEG engine right

So after a lot of back and forth, holding the camera 3 times and not buying because something just didn't click, I was doing some experiments the other weekend with the IBIS of the OMD and decided that I wanted IBIS for some night shots.. and took another look at the PenF and got one. I still...
  17. R

Olympus m43rds losing screws?

Just two weeks ago my OMD EM5 MKII had a piece of metal close to the hinge of the LCD, turns out it was a screw from it that was magnetically attracted and around it. Lucky I was that I didn't lose that screw. After finding where it belonged- one of the screws on the LCD that faces the hinge, I...
  18. R

GX80 files are looking good

so far. Been playing with the photographyblog RAW files in Iridient (somewhat workable, easier to deal for now in B&W) and RAW digger, and I must say, I see the "crisp" or close to- that I was seeing with Nikon 1/ Fuji which also lack an AA filter. A lot is said around about Olympus not using...
  19. R

Fun with Lumix GM5

Yup, got one yesterday. Stopped myself from going Sony RX1RMKII (nothing wrong with it, it's fantastic but not for what I shoot/way I shoot). All cameras are now good. the Lumix GM5 is the camera I should have bought a year ago. It's a Pentax Q Turbo Charged (speed) with a M43rds sensor. A...
  20. R

Capture one 8.3.3 now supports Fuji X-T10

Capture one 8.3.3 now supports Fuji X-T10 - Ricardo